Re: Internet Options on Tools dropdown menu does not appear

bergsy

Re: Internet Options on Tools dropdown menu does not appear
I had exactly Zoe's problem (also someone named Ad in an earlier thread) and
this solution worked for me too, with one addition: after copying
inetcpl.cpl to the c\windows\system32 folder, i had to right-click on it and
click "open with control panel" (or maybe it was "open in control panel").

So thanks, BK and everyone else.

in my case, the problem started when i installed IE 8 over IE 7, IE 8 kept
crashing so I un-installed it, then IE 7 appeared without the menu or status
(?) bar and I couldn't find them; I found a microsoft help note telling me to
run inetcpl.cpl but when i tried that the computer did not find it. after
much wasting of time i managed to download and install IE 7 again, over
itself, and this gave me the various tool bars but the "internet options"
dialog boxes were still absent in the control panel as well as in IE 7. This
may well have been failure to disable virus protection when I did the new
download of IE 7.

anyhow, it all seems to be ok now, thanks again to everybody