RE: Tab naming

Chili

RE: Tab naming
This is such a basic thing I would've figured.

"quirky" wrote:

> I should be able to rename a tab instead of having to rely on a truncated
> version of the page title. This would be very helpful when there are many
> tabs open making it difficult to know what is on each tab. This local alias
> for the website would be something that could be stored in the Favorites or
> tab groups.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: Tab naming
Ctrl+Q

"Chili" <Chili@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is such a basic thing I would've figured.
>
> "quirky" wrote:
>
>> I should be able to rename a tab instead of having to rely on a truncated
>> version of the page title. This would be very helpful when there are many
>> tabs open making it difficult to know what is on each tab. This local
>> alias
>> for the website would be something that could be stored in the Favorites
>> or
>> tab groups.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Tab naming

"Chili" <Chili@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CB5D042-E1E0-4B8E-9C98-694F4E113F15@microsoft.com...
> This is such a basic thing I would've figured.
>
> "quirky" wrote:
>

>> I should be able to rename a tab instead of having to rely on a truncated
>> version of the page title. This would be very helpful when there are many
>> tabs open making it difficult to know what is on each tab. This local alias
>> for the website would be something that could be stored in the Favorites or
>> tab groups.

Here's something you can do in that regard already:

javascript:document.title="whatever";document.reca lc();

Unfortunately it doesn't update the title we see in the Window or the Tab
but you can check on your alias using F12. (Hint: Look at the title of the
Developer Tools window when you do that.)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---