IE8 continually requires reset

EGMcCann

IE8 continually requires reset
Trying to figure out what's up with this.

I can browse a site or two, then I'll need to reset IE8's settings before
it'll load anything else. The site doesn't matter - it can be a community
website, the NY Times, or Microsoft's own. After a few minutes, I'll fire up
Firefox or Chrome, browse the site, browse others, come back fif**** minutes
later, and it's still "Connecting to site..." If I reset IE, it'll connect. A
reboot won't help. Cookies, temp files, etc. are all clean.

Looking for suggestions as to where to look so I don't have to reset every
other or every third time I use IE. (And I truly wish that were an
exaggeration or hyperbole. Even having to do so once a month would be a
massive improvement.)
Friends

RE: IE8 continually requires reset
I have the same problem........Never had aproblem with IE7, but now
continuously have toreset IE8 and the "send and error report" Really
aggravating

"EGMcCann" wrote:

> Trying to figure out what's up with this.
>
> I can browse a site or two, then I'll need to reset IE8's settings before
> it'll load anything else. The site doesn't matter - it can be a community
> website, the NY Times, or Microsoft's own. After a few minutes, I'll fire up
> Firefox or Chrome, browse the site, browse others, come back fif**** minutes
> later, and it's still "Connecting to site..." If I reset IE, it'll connect. A
> reboot won't help. Cookies, temp files, etc. are all clean.
>
> Looking for suggestions as to where to look so I don't have to reset every
> other or every third time I use IE. (And I truly wish that were an
> exaggeration or hyperbole. Even having to do so once a month would be a
> massive improvement.)

Kai Schaetzl

EGMcCann schrieb am Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:16:02 -0700:

> Looking for suggestions as to where to look so

1. get rid of all your security programs for a while, just enable Windows
firewall.
2. Use the usual methods to identify the third-party software that
produces
your problem:
1. run IE in "No Add-Ons" mode
2. disable third-party extensions in Internet Options/Advanced
3. boot Windows in safe mode

If any or a combination of the above solves your problem there is third-
party
software responsible for your problem. Note: you have to surf in each step
long enough to identify if the problem persists or not and keep that
functionality switched off when you change to the next step. Just booting
into safe mode and then back to normal won't achieve anything.
If 1.: use Add-Ons-Manager and disable all non-Microsoft add-ons and*
*******reenable them step-by-step until your problem comes back
If 2.: that's likely a toolbar or some other installable add-on
If 3.: that's likely a third-party software run from startup that can but
*****
*******doesn't need to have "visible" connections to IE, for instance
*******a so-called desktop search.

Kai
--
Helpsites about Windows: http://www.mvps.org
IE repair script: http://iefaq.info

Re: IE8 continually requires reset
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine