Different settings in separate windows

NewtoIE8

Different settings in separate windows
I recently upgraded from IE7 to IE8 on Vista computer.
Almost all settings were transfered from IE7 to IE8.
Except one which is very important to me as it is related to my work.

We use a website where I have 3 accounts (I work for 3 offices and have an
account for each of them). In IE7 I was able to login into our web
application using my credentials from office. Then I would open the second
windows of IE7 and use the credentials from the second office. I was able to
jump back and forth from one IE7 window to another and stay on the site of
the office I was logged on (I mean, I was able to be on the same with
different credentials in different IE7 windows).

However, I cannot find how to do this in IE8. When I logon to my account on
that site using my credentials for the first office and then in the new
window I logon to my account using credentials for the second office - first
window sees that I had logged in with my second account. This means that both
IE8 windows open same office information and I cannot work silmutaneously on
separate offices' web sites.

This is making my work very hard as I have to re-login million times a day...

Can anyone help me? Otherwise I will have to go back to IE7. Thanks in
advance.
VanguardLH

Re: Different settings in separate windows
NewtoIE8 wrote:

> I recently upgraded from IE7 to IE8 on Vista computer.
> Almost all settings were transfered from IE7 to IE8.
> Except one which is very important to me as it is related to my work.
>
> We use a website where I have 3 accounts (I work for 3 offices and have an
> account for each of them). In IE7 I was able to login into our web
> application using my credentials from office. Then I would open the second
> windows of IE7 and use the credentials from the second office. I was able to
> jump back and forth from one IE7 window to another and stay on the site of
> the office I was logged on (I mean, I was able to be on the same with
> different credentials in different IE7 windows).
>
> However, I cannot find how to do this in IE8. When I logon to my account on
> that site using my credentials for the first office and then in the new
> window I logon to my account using credentials for the second office - first
> window sees that I had logged in with my second account. This means that both
> IE8 windows open same office information and I cannot work silmutaneously on
> separate offices' web sites.
>
> This is making my work very hard as I have to re-login million times a day...
>
> Can anyone help me? Otherwise I will have to go back to IE7. Thanks in
> advance.

Because of the design change to implement Loosely-Coupled IE features
(to separate frame and tab resources), management of session IDs have
changed. *YOU* now have to specify when you want to isolate session IDs
to the same datasource.

- Use the File -> New Session menu to start another session to keep it
separate of an existing session with the same account.

- Use the -nomerge command-line switch when starting iexplore.exe.