Always have to maximize webpages

R. Wheelock

Always have to maximize webpages
Had to re-format computer, now any web page I open always appears in a small
window and I have to maximize it. Sort of a goofy problem, but it never did
it before. Running "Internet Explore" version 7.0 Any ideas...Thanks

Bruce Hagen

Re: Always have to maximize webpages
Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed.

Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last.
Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the
program.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"R. Wheelock" <bobsyer_uncle@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Had to re-format computer, now any web page I open always appears in a
> small window and I have to maximize it. Sort of a goofy problem, but it
> never did it before. Running "Internet Explore" version 7.0 Any
> ideas...Thanks

Ralph

"R. Wheelock" wrote:

> Had to re-format computer, now any web page I open always appears in a small
> window and I have to maximize it. Sort of a goofy problem, but it never did
> it before. Running "Internet Explore" version 7.0 Any ideas...Thanks

This is typical of the tunnel vision stupidity/ignorance/arrogance of dumb
MS employees. NOBODY has ever provided an 100% solution to this problem,
including the so called expert who replied to your post.
It's like the MS idiots who decide what WE want, instead of listening to US.
How many times have the idiots at MS dropped features now???

"Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "R. Wheelock" wrote:
>
>> Had to re-format computer, now any web page I open always appears in a
>> small
>> window and I have to maximize it. Sort of a goofy problem, but it never
>> did
>> it before. Running "Internet Explore" version 7.0 Any ideas...Thanks

> This is typical of the tunnel vision stupidity/ignorance/arrogance of dumb
> MS employees. NOBODY has ever provided an 100% solution to this problem,
> including the so called expert who replied to your post.
> It's like the MS idiots who decide what WE want, instead of listening to
> US.
> How many times have the idiots at MS dropped features now???

It always works for this "so called expert". (You're words). I volunteer to
help users and am not employed by MS, nor am I an advocate for them.

Most windows never open full-screen by default and never have. It is not a
dropped feature.

Guess it's your day to vent.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Re: Always have to maximize webpages
Hooplehead!

Ralph wrote:
> "R. Wheelock" wrote:
>
>> Had to re-format computer, now any web page I open always appears in a
>> small window and I have to maximize it. Sort of a goofy problem, but it
>> never did it before. Running "Internet Explore" version 7.0 Any
>> ideas...Thanks

> This is typical of the tunnel vision stupidity/ignorance/arrogance of dumb
> MS employees. NOBODY has ever provided an 100% solution to this problem,
> including the so called expert who replied to your post.
> It's like the MS idiots who decide what WE want, instead of listening to
> US.
> How many times have the idiots at MS dropped features now???

PhilG

Re: Always have to maximize webpages
> "R. Wheelock" wrote:
>
>> Had to re-format computer, now any web page I open always appears in a
>> small
>> window and I have to maximize it. Sort of a goofy problem, but it never
>> did
>> it before. Running "Internet Explore" version 7.0 Any ideas...Thanks

> How many times have the idiots at MS dropped features now???

In IE7 Help, search index for "resize window" and you get the following:

Adjust the default size of windows

Changing the size of a window sets the default size of subsequent windows
you open for that particular program or folder. For example, if you're using
WordPad, and you want your document windows to open to the same size, you
can resize one document window, and then any document windows you later open
will be the same size.

To resize a window
To change the height, point to the top or bottom window border. When the
pointer changes into a vertical, double-headed arrow , click the border, and
then drag it up or down.

To change the width, point to the left or right window border. When the
pointer changes into a horizontal, double-headed arrow , click the border,
and then drag it to the right or left.

To change the height and width at the same time, point to any window corner.
When the pointer changes into a diagonal, double-headed arrow , click the
border, and then drag it in any direction.

Note
You can't resize a window that's minimized or maximized.