No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes

Sierra 452

No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes
When I click on the Page button or the Safety button or the Tools button
there is no text on the subsequent drop down box.

Also have had an issue with text in some forms being microscopic.

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. So far I am really not impressed
with IE 8.
Don Varnau

Re: No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter)

1. You may have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
as a possible cause.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

3. Before reinstalling IE8 (step 4) try ie8-rereg from
http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en See if
your installation of IE8 can be repaired.

4. Third-party antivirus/antispyware programs should be disabled when
installing Internet Explorer. If they weren't you may have a corrupted
installation of IE8. Reinstalling with these programs disabled may be the
solution.
- -
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Sierra 452" <Sierra452@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on the Page button or the Safety button or the Tools button
> there is no text on the subsequent drop down box.
>
> Also have had an issue with text in some forms being microscopic.
>
> Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. So far I am really not

impressed
> with IE 8.

Sierra 452

Re: No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes
Windows XP - sorry about that.

None of the suggestions worked. I had not disabled my anti-virus on the
intial install; but I did for the reinstall. I did try the internet explorer
- disable add ons with no luck.

I should have stuck with IE7. I usually give Microsoft about 6 months to get
their act together whenever they roll out something new. I should have waited
on IE8. I swear they'll make a MAC user out of me yet.

Thanks for the suggestions and the time. I'll just use Firefox for now.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter)
>
> 1. You may have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
> For troubleshooting information see:
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> More at:
> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
> as a possible cause.
> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>
> 3. Before reinstalling IE8 (step 4) try ie8-rereg from
> http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en See if
> your installation of IE8 can be repaired.
>
> 4. Third-party antivirus/antispyware programs should be disabled when
> installing Internet Explorer. If they weren't you may have a corrupted
> installation of IE8. Reinstalling with these programs disabled may be the
> solution.
> - -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Sierra 452" <Sierra452@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click on the Page button or the Safety button or the Tools button
> > there is no text on the subsequent drop down box.
> >
> > Also have had an issue with text in some forms being microscopic.
> >
> > Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. So far I am really not

> impressed
> > with IE 8.

Leonard Grey

Re: No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes
Waiting before installing a major operating system upgrade is SOP among
the cognoscenti.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Sierra 452 wrote:
> Windows XP - sorry about that.
>
> None of the suggestions worked. I had not disabled my anti-virus on the
> intial install; but I did for the reinstall. I did try the internet explorer
> - disable add ons with no luck.
>
> I should have stuck with IE7. I usually give Microsoft about 6 months to get
> their act together whenever they roll out something new. I should have waited
> on IE8. I swear they'll make a MAC user out of me yet.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions and the time. I'll just use Firefox for now.
>

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter)
>>
>> 1. You may have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
>> For troubleshooting information see:
>> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>>
>> More at:
>> Problem: Crashes or hangs
>> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>>
>> 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
>> as a possible cause.
>> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
>> Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
>>
>> 3. Before reinstalling IE8 (step 4) try ie8-rereg from
>> http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en See if
>> your installation of IE8 can be repaired.
>>
>> 4. Third-party antivirus/antispyware programs should be disabled when
>> installing Internet Explorer. If they weren't you may have a corrupted
>> installation of IE8. Reinstalling with these programs disabled may be the
>> solution.
>> - -
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>> "Sierra 452" <Sierra452@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> When I click on the Page button or the Safety button or the Tools button
>>> there is no text on the subsequent drop down box.
>>>
>>> Also have had an issue with text in some forms being microscopic.
>>>
>>> Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. So far I am really not

>> impressed
>>> with IE 8.

Kai Schaetzl

Sierra 452 schrieb am Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:53:01 -0700:

> I had not disabled my anti-virus

which is?

Kai
--
Helpsites about Windows: http://www.mvps.org
IE repair script: http://iefaq.info

Sierra 452

Re: No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes
And it usually is with me too. Silly me. After thinking it had been beta
tested to death and with decent reviews from some of the mags that I trust -
I got suckered. C'est la vie which is why you always have a plan B;
especially with Microsoft.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Waiting before installing a major operating system upgrade is SOP among
> the cognoscenti.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Sierra 452 wrote:
> > Windows XP - sorry about that.
> >
> > None of the suggestions worked. I had not disabled my anti-virus on the
> > intial install; but I did for the reinstall. I did try the internet explorer
> > - disable add ons with no luck.
> >
> > I should have stuck with IE7. I usually give Microsoft about 6 months to get
> > their act together whenever they roll out something new. I should have waited
> > on IE8. I swear they'll make a MAC user out of me yet.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestions and the time. I'll just use Firefox for now.
> >

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter)
> >>
> >> 1. You may have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
> >> For troubleshooting information see:
> >> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> >>
> >> More at:
> >> Problem: Crashes or hangs
> >> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
> >>
> >> 2. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
> >> as a possible cause.
> >> 936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
> >> Windows Vista:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)
> >>
> >> 3. Before reinstalling IE8 (step 4) try ie8-rereg from
> >> http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en See if
> >> your installation of IE8 can be repaired.
> >>
> >> 4. Third-party antivirus/antispyware programs should be disabled when
> >> installing Internet Explorer. If they weren't you may have a corrupted
> >> installation of IE8. Reinstalling with these programs disabled may be the
> >> solution.
> >> - -
> >> Hope this helps,
> >> Don
> >> [MS MVP- IE]
> >>
> >> "Sierra 452" <Sierra452@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> impressed

Sierra 452

Re: No text visible on Page, Safety and Tools drop down boxes
McAfee