Tab Collections & History & Favs

JoeNoJava

Tab Collections & History & Favs
Using IE8. Please, please consider allowing the saving of selected, or all,
groups of tabs. When web search/usage gets hot & heavy & after unfruitful
tabs have been closed, it would be very handy to be able to simply save a
collection, or all, tabs left. This is because a number of useful items are
often found relating to the original search & it would be very handy to be
able to save them. History could also be more user friendly; IE8 is an
improvement but could be better. A reference for both of these suggestions is
the Flock browser. Check out how tab collections can be saved and how nice
history is to use (tab collections are saved as Favs and the collection can
be named; I don't believe the capability of selecting, naming and saving a
subset of the tabs is available. While subsetting is nice and selections
could be done the usual way (shift or Ctrl), at least saving the entire group
would be extremely useful).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Tab Collections & History & Favs
Have you read IE8 Help | How do I save a group of tabs?

JoeNoJava wrote:
> Using IE8. Please, please consider allowing the saving of selected, or
> all,
> groups of tabs. When web search/usage gets hot & heavy & after unfruitful
> tabs have been closed, it would be very handy to be able to simply save a
> collection, or all, tabs left. This is because a number of useful items
> are
> often found relating to the original search & it would be very handy to be
> able to save them. History could also be more user friendly; IE8 is an
> improvement but could be better. A reference for both of these suggestions
> is the Flock browser. Check out how tab collections can be saved and how
> nice history is to use (tab collections are saved as Favs and the
> collection can be named; I don't believe the capability of selecting,
> naming and saving a subset of the tabs is available. While subsetting is
> nice and selections could be done the usual way (shift or Ctrl), at least
> saving the entire group would be extremely useful).
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

JoeNoJava

Re: Tab Collections & History & Favs
and he rides off into the sunset with...a red face. Thanks, JAUWDRD (just
another user who doesn't read documentation)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Have you read IE8 Help | How do I save a group of tabs?
>
> JoeNoJava wrote:
> > Using IE8. Please, please consider allowing the saving of selected, or
> > all,
> > groups of tabs. When web search/usage gets hot & heavy & after unfruitful
> > tabs have been closed, it would be very handy to be able to simply save a
> > collection, or all, tabs left. This is because a number of useful items
> > are
> > often found relating to the original search & it would be very handy to be
> > able to save them. History could also be more user friendly; IE8 is an
> > improvement but could be better. A reference for both of these suggestions
> > is the Flock browser. Check out how tab collections can be saved and how
> > nice history is to use (tab collections are saved as Favs and the
> > collection can be named; I don't believe the capability of selecting,
> > naming and saving a subset of the tabs is available. While subsetting is
> > nice and selections could be done the usual way (shift or Ctrl), at least
> > saving the entire group would be extremely useful).

> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Re: Tab Collections & History & Favs
YW. When all else fails, RTFM.