Limit for concurrent windows/tabs?

Gunder

Limit for concurrent windows/tabs?
After some IE windows or tabs IE will not connect to internet sites in new
Windows or tabs, it says only "Connecting" and "Wating for http.....".
Existing windows and tabs can still be used. If I close all IE windows and
restart IE then everything works normal until I reach the limit for
concurrent tabs/windows. The limit seems to change from time to time, but it
is not very many windows or tabs.

I have tried to reset IE, but with no change to the problem. Since it worked
alright before I believe it is someting I have done.

I experienced this first on IE7 and that was one of the reasons to upgrade
to IE8, but the problem is exactly the same. I am running 64 bits Vista
Premium.

Any help much appreciated!

Re: Limit for concurrent windows/tabs?
[Your paragraph #2 ("it worked alright before") is contradicted by paragraph
#3 ("I experienced this first on IE7"), Gunder.]

Gunder wrote:
> After some IE windows or tabs IE will not connect to internet sites in new
> Windows or tabs, it says only "Connecting" and "Wating for http.....".
> Existing windows and tabs can still be used. If I close all IE windows and
> restart IE then everything works normal until I reach the limit for
> concurrent tabs/windows. The limit seems to change from time to time, but
> it
> is not very many windows or tabs.
>
> I have tried to reset IE, but with no change to the problem. Since it
> worked
> alright before I believe it is someting I have done.
>
> I experienced this first on IE7 and that was one of the reasons to upgrade
> to IE8, but the problem is exactly the same. I am running 64 bits Vista
> Premium.
>
> Any help much appreciated!

Gunder

Re: Limit for concurrent windows/tabs?
Why is that a contradiction?

In the beginning everything worked all right (on IE7), then the problem
started. After a while I decided to try IE8 but the problem remains the same.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Your paragraph #2 ("it worked alright before") is contradicted by paragraph
> #3 ("I experienced this first on IE7"), Gunder.]
>
> Gunder wrote:
> > After some IE windows or tabs IE will not connect to internet sites in new
> > Windows or tabs, it says only "Connecting" and "Wating for http.....".
> > Existing windows and tabs can still be used. If I close all IE windows and
> > restart IE then everything works normal until I reach the limit for
> > concurrent tabs/windows. The limit seems to change from time to time, but
> > it
> > is not very many windows or tabs.
> >
> > I have tried to reset IE, but with no change to the problem. Since it
> > worked
> > alright before I believe it is someting I have done.
> >
> > I experienced this first on IE7 and that was one of the reasons to upgrade
> > to IE8, but the problem is exactly the same. I am running 64 bits Vista
> > Premium.
> >
> > Any help much appreciated!

Re: Limit for concurrent windows/tabs?
I would uninstall IE8 for the time being and then concentrate on the issue.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine