Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version

The Gasell

Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
Hi,
My Internet Explorer 7.0 was pre-installed in english language version.
I want to change it to my local languague.
I downloaded my local language version for Internet Explorer 7.0 and tried
to install it but it tells me:
"This installation is not supported in this languague by the operative system"
I did not uninstall the english Internet Explorer 7.0 version before trying
to install my local languague version.

I run the operative system Windows XP Proffessional.

I can manage the english version but would prefer to have it in my local
languague.

Any support on this would be appreciated.

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
If you want IE7 in English, you'd have to be running an English-language
version of WinXP. (No, there is not an IE7 MUI you could use to do this.)

The Gasell wrote:
> Hi,
> My Internet Explorer 7.0 was pre-installed in english language version.
> I want to change it to my local languague.
> I downloaded my local language version for Internet Explorer 7.0 and tried
> to install it but it tells me:
> "This installation is not supported in this languague by the operative
> system" I did not uninstall the english Internet Explorer 7.0 version
> before trying to install my local languague version.
>
> I run the operative system Windows XP Proffessional.
>
> I can manage the english version but would prefer to have it in my local
> languague.
>
> Any support on this would be appreciated.

The Gasell

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
I run a Swedish version of WinXP proffesional.
I check in "Kontrollpanelen" (guess its Control Panel in english) and then
in "system features" under tab "Allmänt" (guess its Common tab in english) it
says:
Microsoft Windows XP
Proffessional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
"Registered for" Registrerad till:
(xxxxxxxxxxx)

xxxxx-OEM-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Lenovo PC M58 recently purchased.

In the "Control Panel" (swedish=Kontrollpanelen) most of the icons are
labelled with Swedish writing except the "Internet Options" (Swedish=Internet
alternativ) which is labelled "Internet Options" and the tabs within
Internet Options are in english. If I open settings for Mouse all tabs are
labelled in Swedish.

In Internet Explorer 7.0 all menu's are in English but I would like to have
Swedish menu's.

I have no idea how this have been made as all was pre-installed with the PC.

Does it make sence or do I need to privide more information.
If so, please let me know which information you would need to know.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If you want IE7 in English, you'd have to be running an English-language
> version of WinXP. (No, there is not an IE7 MUI you could use to do this.)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> The Gasell wrote:
> > Hi,
> > My Internet Explorer 7.0 was pre-installed in english language version.
> > I want to change it to my local languague.
> > I downloaded my local language version for Internet Explorer 7.0 and tried
> > to install it but it tells me:
> > "This installation is not supported in this languague by the operative
> > system" I did not uninstall the english Internet Explorer 7.0 version
> > before trying to install my local languague version.
> >
> > I run the operative system Windows XP Proffessional.
> >
> > I can manage the english version but would prefer to have it in my local
> > languague.
> >
> > Any support on this would be appreciated.

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?

Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB961260)" listed in
Add/Remove Programs (NB: "Show Updates" box at top must be checked)?

/Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Languages (tab) | Text
services and input languages | Details | Default input language: Is /Svensk/
selected or available here?

The Gasell wrote:
> I run a Swedish version of WinXP proffesional.
> I check in "Kontrollpanelen" (guess its Control Panel in english) and then
> in "system features" under tab "Allmänt" (guess its Common tab in english)
> it says:
> Microsoft Windows XP
> Proffessional
> Version 2002
> Service Pack 3
> "Registered for" Registrerad till:
> (xxxxxxxxxxx)
>
> xxxxx-OEM-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I have a Lenovo PC M58 recently purchased.
>
> In the "Control Panel" (swedish=Kontrollpanelen) most of the icons are
> labelled with Swedish writing except the "Internet Options"
> (Swedish=Internet alternativ) which is labelled "Internet Options" and
> the
> tabs within Internet Options are in english. If I open settings for Mouse
> all tabs are labelled in Swedish.
>
> In Internet Explorer 7.0 all menu's are in English but I would like to
> have
> Swedish menu's.
>
> I have no idea how this have been made as all was pre-installed with the
> PC.
>
> Does it make sence or do I need to privide more information.
> If so, please let me know which information you would need to know.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you want IE7 in English, you'd have to be running an English-language
>> version of WinXP. (No, there is not an IE7 MUI you could use to do
>> this.)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> The Gasell wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> My Internet Explorer 7.0 was pre-installed in english language version.
>>> I want to change it to my local languague.
>>> I downloaded my local language version for Internet Explorer 7.0 and
>>> tried
>>> to install it but it tells me:
>>> "This installation is not supported in this languague by the operative
>>> system" I did not uninstall the english Internet Explorer 7.0 version
>>> before trying to install my local languague version.
>>>
>>> I run the operative system Windows XP Proffessional.
>>>
>>> I can manage the english version but would prefer to have it in my local
>>> languague.
>>>
>>> Any support on this would be appreciated.

The Gasell

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
My answer is Yes to all your 3 questions.

The only thing I have changed was:
/Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Advanced (tab) | Select
languague in the list that match the languague version for the software you
use that does not support Unicode: Was English (USA) - I changed it to
/Svensk/
Did not help though.

I also have checked something that puzzles me:
From within IE 7.0 I go:
Help | About IE | System Info | (pop up with Swedish tags I translate to
english next steps) + "Internet settings" | + "Internet Explorer" | "Summary"

[Object] "Languague" has [Value] Engelska (USA)/"English (USA)".???????

That does not seem to be correct.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?
>
> Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB961260)" listed in
> Add/Remove Programs (NB: "Show Updates" box at top must be checked)?
>
> /Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Languages (tab) | Text
> services and input languages | Details | Default input language: Is /Svensk/
> selected or available here?
>

> The Gasell wrote:
> > I run a Swedish version of WinXP proffesional.
> > I check in "Kontrollpanelen" (guess its Control Panel in english) and then
> > in "system features" under tab "Allmänt" (guess its Common tab in english)
> > it says:
> > Microsoft Windows XP
> > Proffessional
> > Version 2002
> > Service Pack 3
> > "Registered for" Registrerad till:
> > (xxxxxxxxxxx)
> >
> > xxxxx-OEM-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > I have a Lenovo PC M58 recently purchased.
> >
> > In the "Control Panel" (swedish=Kontrollpanelen) most of the icons are
> > labelled with Swedish writing except the "Internet Options"
> > (Swedish=Internet alternativ) which is labelled "Internet Options" and
> > the
> > tabs within Internet Options are in english. If I open settings for Mouse
> > all tabs are labelled in Swedish.
> >
> > In Internet Explorer 7.0 all menu's are in English but I would like to
> > have
> > Swedish menu's.
> >
> > I have no idea how this have been made as all was pre-installed with the
> > PC.
> >
> > Does it make sence or do I need to privide more information.
> > If so, please let me know which information you would need to know.
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> If you want IE7 in English, you'd have to be running an English-language
> >> version of WinXP. (No, there is not an IE7 MUI you could use to do
> >> this.)
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
Well, I'm not sure what else I can suggest or tell you except for the fact
that I've seen other users of Swedish-language versions of WinXP report
similar language oddities (including in Outlook Express) and, if I remember
correctly, most of them were also Lenovo machines.

Was WinXP and IE6 always English (USA)-language version? Does (or did) this
machine belong to your employer?

Have you (or has anyone else) ever had occasion to reinstall WinXP? (I seem
to remember users reporting that the language-version was incorrect after
reinstalling WinXP on a Lenovo machine.)

Have you ever contacted Lenovo Support about this? (Yes, I understand the
machine is probably no longer under Warranty or Service Contract.)

I know that it's possible to install an English-language version of IE7 on a
Swedish-language version of WinXP, but it would be automatically converted
to a Swedish-language version upon installing the first cumulative security
update (which is why I asked you if KB961260 was installed).

The Gasell wrote:
> My answer is Yes to all your 3 questions.
>
> The only thing I have changed was:
> /Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Advanced (tab) |
> Select
> languague in the list that match the languague version for the software
> you
> use that does not support Unicode: Was English (USA) - I changed it to
> /Svensk/
> Did not help though.
>
> I also have checked something that puzzles me:
> From within IE 7.0 I go:
> Help | About IE | System Info | (pop up with Swedish tags I translate to
> english next steps) + "Internet settings" | + "Internet Explorer" |
> "Summary"
>>

> [Object] "Languague" has [Value] Engelska (USA)/"English (USA)".???????
>
> That does not seem to be correct.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?
>>
>> Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB961260)" listed in
>> Add/Remove Programs (NB: "Show Updates" box at top must be checked)?
>>
>> /Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Languages (tab) |
>> Text
>> services and input languages | Details | Default input language: Is
>> /Svensk/ selected or available here?
>>

>> The Gasell wrote:
>>> I run a Swedish version of WinXP proffesional.
>>> I check in "Kontrollpanelen" (guess its Control Panel in english) and
>>> then
>>> in "system features" under tab "Allmänt" (guess its Common tab in
>>> english)
>>> it says:
>>> Microsoft Windows XP
>>> Proffessional
>>> Version 2002
>>> Service Pack 3
>>> "Registered for" Registrerad till:
>>> (xxxxxxxxxxx)
>>>
>>> xxxxx-OEM-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> I have a Lenovo PC M58 recently purchased.
>>>
>>> In the "Control Panel" (swedish=Kontrollpanelen) most of the icons are
>>> labelled with Swedish writing except the "Internet Options"
>>> (Swedish=Internet alternativ) which is labelled "Internet Options" and
>>> the
>>> tabs within Internet Options are in english. If I open settings for
>>> Mouse
>>> all tabs are labelled in Swedish.
>>>
>>> In Internet Explorer 7.0 all menu's are in English but I would like to
>>> have
>>> Swedish menu's.
>>>
>>> I have no idea how this have been made as all was pre-installed with the
>>> PC.
>>>
>>> Does it make sence or do I need to privide more information.
>>> If so, please let me know which information you would need to know.

The Gasell

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
Its a completely new PC which I got Friday 3rd April so its under warranty
and it belongs to me and is my personal home PC. I purchased a Lenovo PC
since I use one at work and I know they are very stable and my old PC was
not, so thats why I went for a Lenovo.

WinXP(Pro) I have taken to be Swedish languague version as all information
is in Swedish through the whole system. IE7 was already installed in the PC,
but I do not know which languague version was installed/selected. Must be the
english version since all menu's are in english, but if you say it should
have been converted to Swedish with the security update which is installed
makes this problem difficult to understand.

They did not supply the CD with WinXP OEM. (they do not supply this with
PC's today it says on retailer home page, they say one would have to request
one from Microsoft and at Microsoft I believe it could be supplied at a
charge )
They only supplied some Recovery CD's but most of them for Vista which I had
requested to not be installed as I have a software which is not supported
under Vista so I needed WinXP to be installed.
So I can not reinstall WinXP.

I have not contacted Lenovo support.
I contacted this discussion group as I thought it was related to Microsoft
as the IE7 is Microsoft's.

I will contact my retailer and if they ask me to contact Lenovo then I will
contact Lenovo.

Thanks for your support so far, if you get any new ideas, please post them.

I was thinking if it could be possible to un-install IE7 and un-install the
security update KB961260, then run the swedish IE7
"IE7-WindowsXP-x86-sve.exe" and if that would work to go Update Windows again
and get the security updates.
But I do not want to try that until I would be very sure that it would work
as it could mess up the system completely and I would not like that to happen.

I will get back with any information I get after contacting the retailer
and/or Lenovo.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Well, I'm not sure what else I can suggest or tell you except for the fact
> that I've seen other users of Swedish-language versions of WinXP report
> similar language oddities (including in Outlook Express) and, if I remember
> correctly, most of them were also Lenovo machines.
>
> Was WinXP and IE6 always English (USA)-language version? Does (or did) this
> machine belong to your employer?
>
> Have you (or has anyone else) ever had occasion to reinstall WinXP? (I seem
> to remember users reporting that the language-version was incorrect after
> reinstalling WinXP on a Lenovo machine.)
>
> Have you ever contacted Lenovo Support about this? (Yes, I understand the
> machine is probably no longer under Warranty or Service Contract.)
>
> I know that it's possible to install an English-language version of IE7 on a
> Swedish-language version of WinXP, but it would be automatically converted
> to a Swedish-language version upon installing the first cumulative security
> update (which is why I asked you if KB961260 was installed).
>

> The Gasell wrote:
> > My answer is Yes to all your 3 questions.
> >
> > The only thing I have changed was:
> > /Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Advanced (tab) |
> > Select
> > languague in the list that match the languague version for the software
> > you
> > use that does not support Unicode: Was English (USA) - I changed it to
> > /Svensk/
> > Did not help though.
> >
> > I also have checked something that puzzles me:
> > From within IE 7.0 I go:
> > Help | About IE | System Info | (pop up with Swedish tags I translate to
> > english next steps) + "Internet settings" | + "Internet Explorer" |
> > "Summary"
> >>

> > [Object] "Languague" has [Value] Engelska (USA)/"English (USA)".???????
> >
> > That does not seem to be correct.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?
> >>
> >> Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB961260)" listed in
> >> Add/Remove Programs (NB: "Show Updates" box at top must be checked)?
> >>
> >> /Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Languages (tab) |
> >> Text
> >> services and input languages | Details | Default input language: Is
> >> /Svensk/ selected or available here?

The Gasell

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
The retailer recommended me to install IE8.

Lenovo had no idea what to do more than to reinstall WinXp, which I am not
prepared to do after all work transmitting data and installing other software.

"The Gasell" skrev:

> [...]
> > > My answer is Yes to all your 3 questions.
> > >
> > > The only thing I have changed was:
> > > /Kontrollpanelen/ | Regional and Language Options | Advanced (tab) |
> > > Select
> > > languague in the list that match the languague version for the software
> > > you
> > > use that does not support Unicode: Was English (USA) - I changed it to
> > > /Svensk/
> > > Did not help though.
> > >
> > > I also have checked something that puzzles me:
> > > From within IE 7.0 I go:
> > > Help | About IE | System Info | (pop up with Swedish tags I translate to
> > > english next steps) + "Internet settings" | + "Internet Explorer" |
> > > "Summary"
> > >>
> > > [Object] "Languague" has [Value] Engelska (USA)/"English (USA)".???????
> > >
> > > That does not seem to be correct.

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
I do not think that installing IE8 would correct the problem and would
strongly recommend that you do not do so until you've got IE7 in Swedish.

I firmly believe that you should take this up with Lenovo Support under the
terms of your Warranty. The fact that it's a Vista PC that had been
downgraded to WinXP may have something to do with the problem. (QED: Would
IE7 be in Swedish in Vista?)

If Lenovo cannot resolve the problem, I would back-up any personal data and
return the machine for a full refund. Do not accept any other machine that
does not have Swedish-language versions of Windows and IE.

If "Windows Internet Explorer 7" is listed in Add/Remove Programs and the
Remove (Uninstall) button is available (i.e., not grayed-out), you might
uninstall IE7 (and then reboot twice) if only to see if IE6 is in Swedish or
English. If it's English, yes, see if you can manually install the
Swedish-language version of IE7:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=sv
(but I suspect you'll see the same "installation is not supported in this
language" error).

NB: When you uninstall IE7, you will encounter a "Such-and-such may not
work" error (pointing to, e.g., KB961260). It's safe to ignore this prompt.
Whether you stay with IE6 (any language) or reinstall IE7 (any language),
make absolutely certain that you check-in at Windows Update and install any
critical security updates offered! If you reinstall IE7 and a Root
Certificates update is listed in the Optional Updates category, install it
to take full advantage of IE7's enhanced security.

Good luck!

The Gasell wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Was WinXP and IE6 always English (USA)-language version? Does (or did)
>>> this machine belong to your employer?
>>>
>>> Have you (or has anyone else) ever had occasion to reinstall WinXP? (I
>>> seem to remember users reporting that the language-version was incorrect
>>> after reinstalling WinXP on a Lenovo machine.)
>>>
>>> Have you ever contacted Lenovo Support about this? (Yes, I understand
>>> the
>>> machine is probably no longer under Warranty or Service Contract.)
>>>
>>> I know that it's possible to install an English-language version of IE7
>>> on a Swedish-language version of WinXP, but it would be automatically
>>> converted to a Swedish-language version upon installing the first
>>> cumulative security update (which is why I asked you if KB961260 was
>>> installed).

The Gasell

Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 change languague version
I could uninstall IE7.
Then I get IE6 with Swedish menus.
When I update through Windows Update and re-install IE7 I get the english
menus.
I uninstalled IE7 another time and did not update and tried to install
IE7-sve manually, it did not work, "languague not supprted by the system".
Tried to update with Windows Update, but not install IE7 only to update
those security updates for IE6, then try to make a manual install of IE7-sve,
did not work either.

Can I have a Windows XP version that is english based in the system but is
converted to Swedish in menus and and all other information.
If so, How can I verify which XP version I have.