Many IE7s in Task Manager

Dig

Many IE7s in Task Manager
For some reason lately I when I have opened Windows Task Manger I find a
dozen IEs in the processes. If I delete them all a few days later another
dozen appear.

I have run my McAfee, Adawre, Malwarebytes, & Spybot and they come up clean.

Any ideas why this is happening??
Thanks
Leonard Grey

Re: Many IE7s in Task Manager
It's normal.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dig wrote:
> For some reason lately I when I have opened Windows Task Manger I find a
> dozen IEs in the processes. If I delete them all a few days later another
> dozen appear.
>
> I have run my McAfee, Adawre, Malwarebytes, & Spybot and they come up clean.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening??
> Thanks

Re: Many IE7s in Task Manager
posting to this newsgroup.

Does the number instances of IE seen in Task Manager Processes tab
correspond to the number of IE windows you've opened manually?

If you close all IE windows, do you still see instances of IEXPLORE.EXE in
Task Manager after a minute or two?

Dig wrote:
> For some reason lately I when I have opened Windows Task Manger I find a
> dozen IEs in the processes. If I delete them all a few days later another
> dozen appear.
>
> I have run my McAfee, Adawre, Malwarebytes, & Spybot and they come up
> clean.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening??
> Thanks

Dig

Re: Many IE7s in Task Manager

WinXP SP2 (I have tried several times to install 3 but it will not install)

I don't even use IE7 that much and no it IE is not even open when the task
manager shows the IEs.

When I do use IE7 I never have that many windows open at any given time
anyway. Sometimes I may use 2 IE7 panes and after I close it I can go to task
manager and find a dozen IE processes running.

Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Does the number instances of IE seen in Task Manager Processes tab
> correspond to the number of IE windows you've opened manually?
>
> If you close all IE windows, do you still see instances of IEXPLORE.EXE in
> Task Manager after a minute or two?
>

> Dig wrote:
> > For some reason lately I when I have opened Windows Task Manger I find a
> > dozen IEs in the processes. If I delete them all a few days later another
> > dozen appear.
> >
> > I have run my McAfee, Adawre, Malwarebytes, & Spybot and they come up
> > clean.
> >
> > Any ideas why this is happening??
> > Thanks

Re: Many IE7s in Task Manager
There is a very good chance are that you are seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

After the machine's cleaned-up...

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3) and *only through 14 April
2009*! Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 |
select "Windows XP" then select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/