Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access

Dave Neve

Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access
Hello

I have components installed on my computer to communicate with the server
and my emails at work

The system is 'Outlook Web Acccess'

I've just installed IE 8 and it seems to have had some nasty side effects on
'Outlook Web Acccess'

The main problem is the mouse and the fields. Navigation has become almost
impossible.

At first, right clicking seemed to do the trick but after I copied and
pasted some text, this also went wrong

The exact problems are too long to describe but can anyone help me with what
I have said?

Thanks

Dave Neve

Re: Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access
Did you see the same behavior in IE7, Dave?

Dave Neve wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have components installed on my computer to communicate with the server
> and my emails at work
>
> The system is 'Outlook Web Acccess'
>
> I've just installed IE 8 and it seems to have had some nasty side effects
> on
> 'Outlook Web Acccess'
>
> The main problem is the mouse and the fields. Navigation has become almost
> impossible.
>
> At first, right clicking seemed to do the trick but after I copied and
> pasted some text, this also went wrong
>
> The exact problems are too long to describe but can anyone help me with
> what
> I have said?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Neve

Dave Neve

Re: Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access
No but I have found a workaround

When using Outlook Web Access and a new message, I have to click and change
the font style to any other

The simple fact of changing it seems to force the windows to work correctly

It's a bug or an incompatibility of scripts

Regards

Dave
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
eqE9VEitJHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Did you see the same behavior in IE7, Dave?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Dave Neve wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have components installed on my computer to communicate with the server
>> and my emails at work
>>
>> The system is 'Outlook Web Acccess'
>>
>> I've just installed IE 8 and it seems to have had some nasty side effects
>> on
>> 'Outlook Web Acccess'
>>
>> The main problem is the mouse and the fields. Navigation has become
>> almost
>> impossible.
>>
>> At first, right clicking seemed to do the trick but after I copied and
>> pasted some text, this also went wrong
>>
>> The exact problems are too long to describe but can anyone help me with
>> what
>> I have said?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dave Neve

Re: Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access
I dunno. See the seven-step fix here:
http://mustech.net/2007/02/20/window...-five-step-fix
(lower pane). Though it doesn't describe the behavior you're seeing, the
fix has, er..., fixed many OWA/IE7 & IE8 problems.

Dave Neve wrote:
> No but I have found a workaround
>
> When using Outlook Web Access and a new message, I have to click and
> change
> the font style to any other
>
> The simple fact of changing it seems to force the windows to work
> correctly
>
> It's a bug or an incompatibility of scripts
>
> Regards
>
> Dave
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> eqE9VEitJHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Did you see the same behavior in IE7, Dave?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> Dave Neve wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have components installed on my computer to communicate with the
>>> server
>>> and my emails at work
>>>
>>> The system is 'Outlook Web Acccess'
>>>
>>> I've just installed IE 8 and it seems to have had some nasty side
>>> effects
>>> on
>>> 'Outlook Web Acccess'
>>>
>>> The main problem is the mouse and the fields. Navigation has become
>>> almost
>>> impossible.
>>>
>>> At first, right clicking seemed to do the trick but after I copied and
>>> pasted some text, this also went wrong
>>>
>>> The exact problems are too long to describe but can anyone help me with
>>> what
>>> I have said?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dave Neve

Dan

Re: Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access
I can confirm that workaround. I am experiencing a very similar problem.

I can read and reply to e-mails in OWA but I cannot forward e-mails or
create new ones.

In those cases, I cannot enter any text into the 'To', 'Cc' or other fields.

If I create a new e-mail I can enter text in the body only, and then the
characters appear but the cursor is 'stuck' in the leftmost column. Cursor
movement and/or editing is impossible.

Your suggestion worked though - changing the font from the default Tahoma
gets around the problem.

The only thing odd that I'm aware of is that I installed IE8 without the
compatibility views enabled. I went in an enabled those for our OWA server
after the fact but it did not change anything - the problem was still there
and no 'compatibility view' icon was shown.

Thanks for the tip on the font change, saved my butt!

Regards,

Dan Haynes

"Dave Neve" wrote:

> No but I have found a workaround
>
> When using Outlook Web Access and a new message, I have to click and change
> the font style to any other
>
> The simple fact of changing it seems to force the windows to work correctly
>
> It's a bug or an incompatibility of scripts
>
> Regards
>
> Dave
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> eqE9VEitJHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > Did you see the same behavior in IE7, Dave?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >
> > Dave Neve wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I have components installed on my computer to communicate with the server
> >> and my emails at work
> >>
> >> The system is 'Outlook Web Acccess'
> >>
> >> I've just installed IE 8 and it seems to have had some nasty side effects
> >> on
> >> 'Outlook Web Acccess'
> >>
> >> The main problem is the mouse and the fields. Navigation has become
> >> almost
> >> impossible.
> >>
> >> At first, right clicking seemed to do the trick but after I copied and
> >> pasted some text, this also went wrong
> >>
> >> The exact problems are too long to describe but can anyone help me with
> >> what
> >> I have said?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Dave Neve

Rimshot

Re: Internet Explorer 8 causes problem with Outlook Web Access
I have the exact same problem. It only exists with new or forwarded
messages.

I found a workaround by saving the message as a draft. Then I went to
drafts, and opened up my new blank message, and then I had no problems.

Thanks for the tip on the font change. This will be less steps.

Anyone found a solution to fix this?

Thanks.

Adam Fuhriman