How to create a link

Robert

How to create a link
I am using Windows XP Home Edition with IE 7. I get newsletters where I can
click on a word and it take me to a Web site. I suppose this is called a
link. Can I direct someone to a Web site using a single word that I select,
and, if so, how do I do it?
--
Robert

Re: How to create a link
And where do you wish to locate/use such a clickable link (e.g., an email; a
webpage)?

Robert wrote:
> I am using Windows XP Home Edition with IE 7. I get newsletters where I
> can
> click on a word and it take me to a Web site. I suppose this is called a
> link. Can I direct someone to a Web site using a single word that I
> select,
> and, if so, how do I do it?

Robert

Re: How to create a link
PA Bear: I want to use it when I send someone an e-mail with regard to a
particular Web site I have found. I would like to send a one word link
rather than the Web address or a Tiny Url.
--
Robert

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And where do you wish to locate/use such a clickable link (e.g., an email; a
> webpage)?
>
> Robert wrote:
> > I am using Windows XP Home Edition with IE 7. I get newsletters where I
> > can
> > click on a word and it take me to a Web site. I suppose this is called a
> > link. Can I direct someone to a Web site using a single word that I
> > select,
> > and, if so, how do I do it?

Bruce Hagen

Re: How to create a link
And what program are you using as an e-mail client? OE, Outlook, etc.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PA Bear: I want to use it when I send someone an e-mail with regard to a
> particular Web site I have found. I would like to send a one word link
> rather than the Web address or a Tiny Url.
> --
> Robert
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> And where do you wish to locate/use such a clickable link (e.g., an
>> email; a
>> webpage)?
>>
>> Robert wrote:
>> > I am using Windows XP Home Edition with IE 7. I get newsletters where
>> > can
>> > click on a word and it take me to a Web site. I suppose this is called
>> > link. Can I direct someone to a Web site using a single word that I
>> > select,
>> > and, if so, how do I do it?

Re: How to create a link
What Bruce said.

Robert wrote:
> PA Bear: I want to use it when I send someone an e-mail with regard to a
> particular Web site I have found. I would like to send a one word link
> rather than the Web address or a Tiny Url.
>
>> And where do you wish to locate/use such a clickable link (e.g., an
>> email;
>> a webpage)?
>>
>> Robert wrote:
>>> I am using Windows XP Home Edition with IE 7. I get newsletters where I
>>> can
>>> click on a word and it take me to a Web site. I suppose this is called
>>> link. Can I direct someone to a Web site using a single word that I
>>> select,
>>> and, if so, how do I do it?

Robert

Re: How to create a link
Bruce Hagen: Sorry to be so stupid. I am using Outlook Express 6.
--
Robert

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> And what program are you using as an e-mail client? OE, Outlook, etc.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > PA Bear: I want to use it when I send someone an e-mail with regard to a
> > particular Web site I have found. I would like to send a one word link
> > rather than the Web address or a Tiny Url.
> > --
> > Robert
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> And where do you wish to locate/use such a clickable link (e.g., an
> >> email; a
> >> webpage)?

Re: How to create a link
1. Open a new message window and select/click on Format | RichText (HTML).

2. Copy the link you want to embed to your clipboard (e.g.,
www.hotmail.com);

3. Type the word(s) which will be clickable (e.g., "click here to reach your
Hotmail account") and highlight them with your cursor;

4. Click on the "create a hyperlink" button (second from the far-right) on
the formatting toolbar (just above the message composition section) | Paste
(CTRL+V) the contents of your clipboard into the URL box & OK your way out.
--
~PA Bear

Robert wrote:
> Bruce Hagen: Sorry to be so stupid. I am using Outlook Express 6.
>
>> And what program are you using as an e-mail client? OE, Outlook, etc.
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> PA Bear: I want to use it when I send someone an e-mail with regard to
>>> particular Web site I have found. I would like to send a one word link
>>> rather than the Web address or a Tiny Url.
>>> --
>>> Robert

Bruce Hagen

Re: How to create a link
What Robear said. My version, just worded differently.

Copy the hyperlink with your cursor. Open the new message window and type
the word(s) you want to use for the link. Highlight these words with the
cursor and then Insert | Hyperlink and Paste the link in the URL field | OK.
The word(s) you highlighted will become the link.
--

> Bruce Hagen: Sorry to be so stupid. I am using Outlook Express 6.
> --
> Robert
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> And what program are you using as an e-mail client? OE, Outlook, etc.
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > PA Bear: I want to use it when I send someone an e-mail with regard to
>> > particular Web site I have found. I would like to send a one word link
>> > rather than the Web address or a Tiny Url.
>> > --
>> > Robert

Robert

Re: How to create a link
PaBear and Bruce Hagen: I want to thank both of you for your help in this
matter. I appreciate it very much.--
Robert

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> What Robear said. My version, just worded differently.
>
> Copy the hyperlink with your cursor. Open the new message window and type
> the word(s) you want to use for the link. Highlight these words with the
> cursor and then Insert | Hyperlink and Paste the link in the URL field | OK.
> The word(s) you highlighted will become the link.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Bruce Hagen: Sorry to be so stupid. I am using Outlook Express 6.
> > --
> > Robert
> >

> > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
> >
> >> And what program are you using as an e-mail client? OE, Outlook, etc.
> >> --
> >>
> >> Bruce Hagen
> >> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> >> Imperial Beach, CA