IE 8 starting twice

Globetrotter

IE 8 starting twice
We are running Windows XP and have a problem with IE 8. When we try to start
the application, it starts twice then hangs in both windows. We have to go
into Task manager to close the application and then relaunch. The same
problem does not occur when we use another browser (Mozilla) but we want to
get IE to work properly. Any ideas?
Steve Hebert

Re: IE 8 starting twice
Does this problem still occur if you start in no add-ons mode? Start, right-click on Internet Explorer, Browse Without Add-ons

Steve

"Globetrotter" <Globetrotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06087220-4ED9-4B15-8CEC-6D27B0A8D3E1@microsoft.com...
> We are running Windows XP and have a problem with IE 8. When we try to start
> the application, it starts twice then hangs in both windows. We have to go
> into Task manager to close the application and then relaunch. The same
> problem does not occur when we use another browser (Mozilla) but we want to
> get IE to work properly. Any ideas?

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 starting twice
Hi,

Try,

Check your homepage settings. If you are using more than one homepage you
may have placed one of those domains in the trusted zone.

IE8 will open a window in a new frame if it is in a different security zone
from that of the document in the current window/tab.

There is probably also something wrong with your second homepage that is
causing the crash recovery to kick in. Typically this may be on a 'my' page
like igoogle, my.yahoo.com etc, where you have widgets with third party
content on the page.

Try loading your homepages one at a time and observe which security zones
they are placed by IE.

Fix: Place all of your homepages in the same security zone.

Regards.

"Globetrotter" <Globetrotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are running Windows XP and have a problem with IE 8. When we try to
> start
> the application, it starts twice then hangs in both windows. We have to
> go
> into Task manager to close the application and then relaunch. The same
> problem does not occur when we use another browser (Mozilla) but we want
> get IE to work properly. Any ideas?

Re: IE 8 starting twice
posting to this newsgroup.

Globetrotter wrote:
> We are running Windows XP and have a problem with IE 8. When we try to
> start the application, it starts twice then hangs in both windows. We
> have
> to go into Task manager to close the application and then relaunch. The
> same problem does not occur when we use another browser (Mozilla) but we
> want to get IE to work properly. Any ideas?

Globetrotter

Re: IE 8 starting twice
Thanks Steve, PA Bear and rob

I was able to fix the problem by restoring the IE 8 default settings.

BTW, I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Regards

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> Does this problem still occur if you start in no add-ons mode? Start,
> right-click on Internet Explorer, Browse Without Add-ons
>
> Steve
>
> "Globetrotter" <Globetrotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are running Windows XP and have a problem with IE 8. When we try to

> start
> > the application, it starts twice then hangs in both windows. We have to

> go
> > into Task manager to close the application and then relaunch. The same
> > problem does not occur when we use another browser (Mozilla) but we want

> > get IE to work properly. Any ideas?

Re: IE 8 starting twice
YW & thanks for your feedback.