Visited Web Site Drop Down List

jbucke

Visited Web Site Drop Down List
When I Click the "Down" arrow to the left of the Web Address entry point I
see a rather long list of web sites that I've visited. This list usually
defaults to somewhere in the MIDDLE to the BOTTOM of the drop down list.
Those sites that I frequently visit or have most recently visited appear at
the TOP of the list causing me to have to SCROLL UP to reselect or
hightlight, say, "www.msn.com" [at the top of the list] where "Google.com"
may be in the middle of the list and more conveniently located; so in the
interest of speed I click on the "Google" selection if I'm in a hurry and
need to search something quickly and don't want to have to scroll back up to
where my most frequently visited sites are.

If IE is going to default to the middle or the bottom of the drop-down list,
then IE should put the most frequently visited sites there.

On the other hand, it would be disingenuous for Microsoft to place their
sites at the most convenient location or have the list default to wherever in
the list one of their sites appears as users would interpret that as a
user-unfriendly motive.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Steve Hebert

RE: Visited Web Site Drop Down List
This is the back/forward history list. It is based on where you've been. If
you want to access previous addresses unrelated to the back/forward history,
use the drop down arrow on the right side of the address bar.

Steve