Audio stream in the internet

em21

Audio stream in the internet
I wonder if someone can answer my question or guide me to the right area,
where I may get an answer.

Whenever I try to play an audio stream from some site in the internet, the
audio starts, then stops and goes to "buffering". Then it goes on a little
bit more, then goes back to buffering again. It continues like that so
often, it is imposible to hear the audio. Sometimes it stops in buffering,
and it doesn't move on any more. This also happens when trying to play
videos from sites in the internet.

I use IE 7, Windows XP3, Media, a Player 11, and some version of Real Player
and Quick time.

Thanks for your help
edith

Re: Audio stream in the internet
[Crossposted to WMP newsgroup]

Start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ing_files.mspx
--
~PA Bear

em21 wrote:
> I wonder if someone can answer my question or guide me to the right area,
> where I may get an answer.
>
> Whenever I try to play an audio stream from some site in the internet, the
> audio starts, then stops and goes to "buffering". Then it goes on a little
> bit more, then goes back to buffering again. It continues like that so
> often, it is imposible to hear the audio. Sometimes it stops in buffering,
> and it doesn't move on any more. This also happens when trying to play
> videos from sites in the internet.
>
> I use IE 7, Windows XP3, Media, a Player 11, and some version of Real
> Player
> and Quick time.
>
> Thanks for your help
> edith

Adam Casada

Re: Audio stream in the internet
Try pausing the audio until the buffer gets done or at least partially done.

- Adam

> [Crossposted to WMP newsgroup]
>
> Start here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ing_files.mspx
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> em21 wrote:
>> I wonder if someone can answer my question or guide me to the right area,
>> where I may get an answer.
>>
>> Whenever I try to play an audio stream from some site in the internet,
>> the
>> audio starts, then stops and goes to "buffering". Then it goes on a
>> little
>> bit more, then goes back to buffering again. It continues like that so
>> often, it is imposible to hear the audio. Sometimes it stops in
>> buffering,
>> and it doesn't move on any more. This also happens when trying to play
>> videos from sites in the internet.
>>
>> I use IE 7, Windows XP3, Media, a Player 11, and some version of Real
>> Player
>> and Quick time.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>> edith

em21

Re: Audio stream in the internet
Thanks Adam. I did tried that, at first it just would stop the clip, and
nothing would happen. Then I tried again and it did work. Thank you

edith

"Adam Casada" <abcasada@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try pausing the audio until the buffer gets done or at least partially
> done.
>
> - Adam

>> [Crossposted to WMP newsgroup]
>>
>> Start here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ing_files.mspx
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> em21 wrote:
>>> I wonder if someone can answer my question or guide me to the right
>>> area,
>>> where I may get an answer.
>>>
>>> Whenever I try to play an audio stream from some site in the internet,
>>> the
>>> audio starts, then stops and goes to "buffering". Then it goes on a
>>> little
>>> bit more, then goes back to buffering again. It continues like that so
>>> often, it is imposible to hear the audio. Sometimes it stops in
>>> buffering,
>>> and it doesn't move on any more. This also happens when trying to play
>>> videos from sites in the internet.
>>>
>>> I use IE 7, Windows XP3, Media, a Player 11, and some version of Real
>>> Player
>>> and Quick time.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>> edith

em21

Re: Audio stream in the internet
Hi Pa Bear, I went to Windows Media Player Newsgroup, but I don't see my
post there.
edith

> [Crossposted to WMP newsgroup]
>
> Start here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ing_files.mspx
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> em21 wrote:
>> I wonder if someone can answer my question or guide me to the right area,
>> where I may get an answer.
>>
>> Whenever I try to play an audio stream from some site in the internet,
>> the
>> audio starts, then stops and goes to "buffering". Then it goes on a
>> little
>> bit more, then goes back to buffering again. It continues like that so
>> often, it is imposible to hear the audio. Sometimes it stops in
>> buffering,
>> and it doesn't move on any more. This also happens when trying to play
>> videos from sites in the internet.
>>
>> I use IE 7, Windows XP3, Media, a Player 11, and some version of Real
>> Player
>> and Quick time.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>> edith

Re: Audio stream in the internet
OE View | Current view | Show all messages.

em21 wrote:
> Hi Pa Bear, I went to Windows Media Player Newsgroup, but I don't see my
> post there.
> edith

>> [Crossposted to WMP newsgroup]
>>
>> Start here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ing_files.mspx
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> em21 wrote:
>>> I wonder if someone can answer my question or guide me to the right
>>> area,
>>> where I may get an answer.
>>>
>>> Whenever I try to play an audio stream from some site in the internet,
>>> the
>>> audio starts, then stops and goes to "buffering". Then it goes on a
>>> little
>>> bit more, then goes back to buffering again. It continues like that so
>>> often, it is imposible to hear the audio. Sometimes it stops in
>>> buffering,
>>> and it doesn't move on any more. This also happens when trying to play
>>> videos from sites in the internet.
>>>
>>> I use IE 7, Windows XP3, Media, a Player 11, and some version of Real
>>> Player
>>> and Quick time.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>> edith

em21

Re: Audio stream in the internet
Yes, that's where I am. I thought the post would be in another area besides
IE-General. Is that not what you meant?

> OE View | Current view | Show all messages.
>
> em21 wrote:
>> Hi Pa Bear, I went to Windows Media Player Newsgroup, but I don't see my
>> post there.
>> edith

>>> [Crossposted to WMP newsgroup]
>>>
>>> Start here:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ing_files.mspx
>>> --
>>> ~PA Bear

Re: Audio stream in the internet
Any replies to this thread which have been crossposted to IE General and WMP
newsgroups should be available in each newsgroup/both newsgroups (assuming
the newsgroup servers are behaving themselves).

If you've read one of these posts in, e.g., IE General newsgroup, it will
appear as a Read message in WMP newsgroup.

em21 wrote:
> Yes, that's where I am. I thought the post would be in another area
> besides
> IE-General. Is that not what you meant?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> OE View | Current view | Show all messages.
>>
>> em21 wrote:
>>> Hi Pa Bear, I went to Windows Media Player Newsgroup, but I don't see my
>>> post there.
>>> edith

em21

Re: Audio stream in the internet
Thanks, Pa Bear
edith

> Any replies to this thread which have been crossposted to IE General and
> WMP newsgroups should be available in each newsgroup/both newsgroups
> (assuming the newsgroup servers are behaving themselves).
>
> If you've read one of these posts in, e.g., IE General newsgroup, it will
> appear as a Read message in WMP newsgroup.
>
> em21 wrote:
>> Yes, that's where I am. I thought the post would be in another area
>> besides
>> IE-General. Is that not what you meant?
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> OE View | Current view | Show all messages.

em21

Re: Audio stream in the internet
OK, I found it. I had to go to the IE interface. I guess I must not have WMP
Newsgroup in OE. The group I have there say Windows Media, but the post does
not appear in it. I was just intrigued about why I could not find it.

Thanks for your help
--
edith