IE 8, Remembering Passwords

Choli

IE 8, Remembering Passwords
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out which option will keep IE to remember to stay
logged into websites especially on the sites that have the "Remember me" box.

I can go & log onto a bunch of sites & say remember me, but if I close IE &
which is very annoying.

Does anybody have a solution for this besides going back to IE7?

Thanks
JCE

Re: IE 8, Remembering Passwords
Hi,

you may need to enable Cookies and/or change the settings so IE8 does not
delete the cookies when you exit IE8 !

That's probably the cause.

Hope this helps,

JCE

"Choli" <Choli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am trying to figure out which option will keep IE to remember to stay
> logged into websites especially on the sites that have the "Remember me"
> box.
>
> I can go & log onto a bunch of sites & say remember me, but if I close IE
> &
> which is very annoying.
>
> Does anybody have a solution for this besides going back to IE7?
>
> Thanks

Saucy

Re: IE 8, Remembering Passwords
"Choli" <Choli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am trying to figure out which option will keep IE to remember to stay
> logged into websites especially on the sites that have the "Remember me"
> box.
>
> I can go & log onto a bunch of sites & say remember me, but if I close IE
> &
> which is very annoying.
>
> Does anybody have a solution for this besides going back to IE7?
>
> Thanks

Check the settings. You may be deleting everything on exit.

Saucy

Steve Hebert

Re: IE 8, Remembering Passwords
In addition to the above comments, there are many third-party utilities that clear your cookies as well.

Steve

"Choli" <Choli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81377475-1E32-4DF4-98E0-C5101AC06A30@microsoft.com...
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am trying to figure out which option will keep IE to remember to stay
> logged into websites especially on the sites that have the "Remember me" box.
>
> I can go & log onto a bunch of sites & say remember me, but if I close IE &
> which is very annoying.
>
> Does anybody have a solution for this besides going back to IE7?
>
> Thanks

lloydjacobson is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE 8, Remembering Passwords
Hi All,

I'm having a simular issue but with winxp after IE8 installation but with the managed network passwords (but should be related). I had a customer with Winxp Pro SP3 IE7 connecting to a shared drive on a remote computer which required a password. When you click remember password the password is stored in the "Managed Passwords" under the user accounts. When IE8 was installed the password in the list was gone. We can then connect to the shared drive, save the password, and all is fine. The password is in the list of "Managed Passwords". If the user logs off and logs in it'll remember the password but if the user reboots the computer the password is gone. The issue is clearly IE8 related. I know this is a vista forum but this was the only place I found someone with the same issue. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Lloyd
ju.c

Re: IE 8, Remembering Passwords
Please include all of the older postings, thanks.