adobe flash player and ie

Linda in Iowa

adobe flash player and ie
I just upgraded to the latest version of adobe flash player because some
things stopped working with IE v7. Now flash player still has problems on
some sites. It just doesn't open the video or whatever it is supposed to
do. I know it is the flash player that is needed because the site says it
needs adobe flash player. I also have Windows XP-sp3. So why does it work
on some sites and not others? It is very annoying when I used to be able to
view these things on these sites and now I can't.

Steve Hebert

Re: adobe flash player and ie
Use this uninstall utility to completely remove Flash Player. http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157
Reboot, then install the most recent version from the Adobe website at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Steve

"Linda in Iowa" <linda1264@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:uEZPiCItJHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I just upgraded to the latest version of adobe flash player because some
> things stopped working with IE v7. Now flash player still has problems on
> some sites. It just doesn't open the video or whatever it is supposed to
> do. I know it is the flash player that is needed because the site says it
> needs adobe flash player. I also have Windows XP-sp3. So why does it work
> on some sites and not others? It is very annoying when I used to be able to
> view these things on these sites and now I can't.

Linda in Iowa

Re: adobe flash player and ie
I had to do that uninstall thing before I could install the new version. I
later uninstalled again and reinstalled and it is still a problem for a few
sites I have encountered. I get an email from one site with a link to their
page so I can view the coupons and other things on their site and when I try
to go to any of the links on that page it just locks the screen as in it
won't run the flash content.

"Steve Hebert" <smah_nospam_steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Use this uninstall utility to completely remove Flash Player.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157
Reboot, then install the most recent version from the Adobe website at
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Steve

"Linda in Iowa" <linda1264@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to the latest version of adobe flash player because some
> things stopped working with IE v7. Now flash player still has problems on
> some sites. It just doesn't open the video or whatever it is supposed to
> do. I know it is the flash player that is needed because the site says it
> needs adobe flash player. I also have Windows XP-sp3. So why does it
> work
> on some sites and not others? It is very annoying when I used to be able
> view these things on these sites and now I can't.

Donald Anadell

Re: adobe flash player and ie

>I had to do that uninstall thing before I could install the new version. I
>later uninstalled again and reinstalled and it is still a problem for a few
>sites I have encountered. I get an email from one site with a link to
>their page so I can view the coupons and other things on their site and
>when I try to go to any of the links on that page it just locks the screen
>as in it won't run the flash content.

First confirm that the latest version of the flash player is installed on
your machine, visit the following site:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_15507

You should see in Bold Red letters that you player version is "WIN
10,0,22,87".
Is this what is reported to you at the site?

If not, then you still do not have the Flash Player properly installed.

If the above site does report that you have version 10,0,22,87 installed on
your machine then post a publicly accessible link to a sites where Flash
does not work on your machine.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell