Acrobat Problems in Internet Explorer 7

Johan Cyprich

Acrobat Problems in Internet Explorer 7
We're using a custom web application that can only display PDF's in IE with
Acrobat 6. The problem is that this doesn't work on one of our computers. It
had a higher version of Acrobat Reader installed, and then it was removed and
a v6 reader was installed. It will not open PDF's in IE. I would also like to
know why Acrobat 6 is the only viewer that works for the web app.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the reader with no success. Could
there be parts of Acrobat that don't get uninstalled?

Re: Acrobat Problems in Internet Explorer 7
If your app doesn't work in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader v8.x or v9.x, I'd
say the app is the problem, not IE.

Johan Cyprich wrote:
> We're using a custom web application that can only display PDF's in IE
> with
> Acrobat 6. The problem is that this doesn't work on one of our computers.
> It
> had a higher version of Acrobat Reader installed, and then it was removed
> and a v6 reader was installed. It will not open PDF's in IE. I would also
> like to know why Acrobat 6 is the only viewer that works for the web app.
>
> We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the reader with no success.
> Could
> there be parts of Acrobat that don't get uninstalled?

Johan Cyprich

Re: Acrobat Problems in Internet Explorer 7
I tried running Windows XP on a Virtual PC on the problem computer, and
everything worked. So the problem may be that Acrobat doesn't uninstall
everything. Are there any good tools that can completely remove an app?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If your app doesn't work in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader v8.x or v9.x, I'd
> say the app is the problem, not IE.
>
> Johan Cyprich wrote:
> > We're using a custom web application that can only display PDF's in IE
> > with
> > Acrobat 6. The problem is that this doesn't work on one of our computers.
> > It
> > had a higher version of Acrobat Reader installed, and then it was removed
> > and a v6 reader was installed. It will not open PDF's in IE. I would also
> > like to know why Acrobat 6 is the only viewer that works for the web app.
> >
> > We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the reader with no success.
> > Could
> > there be parts of Acrobat that don't get uninstalled?

Re: Acrobat Problems in Internet Explorer 7
Best contact Adobe Support, Johan.

Johan Cyprich wrote:
> I tried running Windows XP on a Virtual PC on the problem computer, and
> everything worked. So the problem may be that Acrobat doesn't uninstall
> everything. Are there any good tools that can completely remove an app?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If your app doesn't work in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader v8.x or v9.x,
>> I'd
>> say the app is the problem, not IE.
>>
>> Johan Cyprich wrote:
>>> We're using a custom web application that can only display PDF's in IE
>>> with
>>> Acrobat 6. The problem is that this doesn't work on one of our
>>> computers.
>>> It
>>> had a higher version of Acrobat Reader installed, and then it was
>>> removed
>>> and a v6 reader was installed. It will not open PDF's in IE. I would
>>> also
>>> like to know why Acrobat 6 is the only viewer that works for the web
>>> app.
>>>
>>> We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the reader with no success.
>>> Could
>>> there be parts of Acrobat that don't get uninstalled?

Johan Cyprich

Re: Acrobat Problems in Internet Explorer 7
That's probably the best way to solve this problem.