I.E. 8 Frustration

Saddend

I.E. 8 Frustration
I can't even get into details without getting sick.
You say quicker at every new version, well this is absolutely
The slowest version yet. I've tried to stay microsoft allied but
its getting tough. If Google chrome adds 2 items to
there browser your done.
Viktor Krammer

Re: I.E. 8 Frustration
Hi,

> The slowest version yet.

For me it is the fastest version yet. Which add-ons have you installed?

see Speeding Up New Tab Creation
http://www.quero.at/news.php?id=59

Best regards,

Viktor Krammer
--
http://www.quero.at/
The New Web Experience
Saucy

Re: I.E. 8 Frustration
"Saddend" <Saddend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't even get into details without getting sick.
> You say quicker at every new version, well this is absolutely
> The slowest version yet. I've tried to stay microsoft allied but
> its getting tough. If Google chrome adds 2 items to
> there browser your done.

There are known issues for a slow down - check through this newsgroup. A
major one is that one of the some 3rd party security software
suites/programs put a large number of entries into the "Restrict" zone list.
While it didn't affect IE7, the habit slows IE8. If this is your case, then
clear out this list! )

Otherwise, IE8 really is a very fast browser. Here it's like Speedy
Gonzales.

Saucy

Leonard Grey

Re: I.E. 8 Frustration
You really have no idea whom you're talking to, do you.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Saddend wrote:
> I can't even get into details without getting sick.
> You say quicker at every new version, well this is absolutely
> The slowest version yet. I've tried to stay microsoft allied but
> its getting tough. If Google chrome adds 2 items to
> there browser your done.

Jorge

Re: I.E. 8 Frustration
Had you ever tried to open more than 10 tabs at a time? Your computer hungs...

Well, you "can" kill every IE instance one by one, BUT ... one by one. If
you have a few... agh...

Old IE7 would loose all the tabs on a kill, but you recovered control of
your PC very fast.

"Saucy" wrote:

> "Saddend" <Saddend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't even get into details without getting sick.
> > You say quicker at every new version, well this is absolutely
> > The slowest version yet. I've tried to stay microsoft allied but
> > its getting tough. If Google chrome adds 2 items to
> > there browser your done.

> There are known issues for a slow down - check through this newsgroup. A
> major one is that one of the some 3rd party security software
> suites/programs put a large number of entries into the "Restrict" zone list.
> While it didn't affect IE7, the habit slows IE8. If this is your case, then
> clear out this list! )
>
> Otherwise, IE8 really is a very fast browser. Here it's like Speedy
> Gonzales.
>
> Saucy

Viktor Krammer

Re: I.E. 8 Frustration
HÃ* Jorge,

> Well, you "can" kill every IE instance one by one, BUT ... one by one. If
> you have a few... agh...

In IE8 you can just kill the tab that is hung by looking in the task maanger
and kill the ixplore.exe process with the most cpu usage.

Best regards,

Viktor Krammer
--
http://www.quero.at/
The New Web Experience

Saucy

Re: I.E. 8 Frustration
"Jorge" <Jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> < c h o p >
>
>> "Saddend" <Saddend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can't even get into details without getting sick.
>> > You say quicker at every new version, well this is absolutely
>> > < c h o p >

>> Otherwise, IE8 really is a very fast browser. Here it's like Speedy
>> Gonzales.
>>
>> Saucy

Yup I can get 15 tabs in one instance maybe three in another and ten in
another .. I often have 20 or 30 websites open at once, sometimes half a
dozen Youtube videos ready to play too.

Saucy