Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
titus12
 

Posts: n/a
IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007
How can I get Office 2007 to work as my default mail and not Windows Live
Mail? I tried the advance tab in Internet Options. I have XP Home SP3.

Thank you,
David

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007
This is a good example of a question tailor-made for Google.

"Make Outlook 2007 the Default Email Program"
http://www.technipages.com/make-outl...l-program.html
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

titus12 wrote:
> How can I get Office 2007 to work as my default mail and not Windows
> Live Mail? I tried the advance tab in Internet Options. I have XP
> Home SP3.
>
> Thank you,
> David

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
titus12
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007
I did this and it doesn't work.

David

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:uvOvVVBtJHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> This is a good example of a question tailor-made for Google.
>
> "Make Outlook 2007 the Default Email Program"
> http://www.technipages.com/make-outl...l-program.html
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> titus12 wrote:
>> How can I get Office 2007 to work as my default mail and not Windows Live
>> Mail? I tried the advance tab in Internet Options. I have XP Home SP3.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> David


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
Bruce Hagen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007
How to make Outlook the default mail client:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223877

Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...807281033.aspx

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults |
Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for MS Outlook.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA


"titus12" <titus12@msn.com> wrote in message
news:OuXOQgBtJHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I did this and it doesn't work.
>
> David
>
> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:uvOvVVBtJHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> This is a good example of a question tailor-made for Google.
>>
>> "Make Outlook 2007 the Default Email Program"
>> http://www.technipages.com/make-outl...l-program.html
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> titus12 wrote:
>>> How can I get Office 2007 to work as my default mail and not Windows
>>> Live Mail? I tried the advance tab in Internet Options. I have XP
>>> Home SP3.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> David

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
titus12
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007
I did all of this and it does not work.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
news:#B92oqBtJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> How to make Outlook the default mail client:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223877
>
> Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...807281033.aspx
>
> Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults |
> Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for MS Outlook.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
>
> "titus12" <titus12@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:OuXOQgBtJHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>I did this and it doesn't work.
>>
>> David
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:uvOvVVBtJHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> This is a good example of a question tailor-made for Google.
>>>
>>> "Make Outlook 2007 the Default Email Program"
>>> http://www.technipages.com/make-outl...l-program.html
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est
>>>
>>> titus12 wrote:
>>>> How can I get Office 2007 to work as my default mail and not Windows
>>>> Live Mail? I tried the advance tab in Internet Options. I have XP
>>>> Home SP3.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you,
>>>> David

>>

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 8 and Microsoft Office 2007
Office isn't a Mail Client. If you're referring to Outlook,
Outlook-specific newsgroups include:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...utlook.general
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....configuration
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlook.contacts
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...k.installation
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...utlook.interop
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlook.printing
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ic.outlook.bcm
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ic.outlook.fax
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...program_addins
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....program_forms
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ok.program_vba
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ok.teamfolders
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...thirdpartyutil
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

titus12 wrote:
> How can I get Office 2007 to work as my default mail and not Windows Live
> Mail? I tried the advance tab in Internet Options. I have XP Home SP3.
>
> Thank you,
> David


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista- Office 2007 and Microsoft Office Outlook Andy microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 9 05-20-2008 02:05
Configure Microsoft Office 2007 to save files using the old Office 97-2003 format vista4beginners Windows Vista for Beginners Blog 0 04-05-2008 16:50
Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS for Microsoft Office 2007 BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 03-03-2008 18:50
Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP! gfm microsoft.public.windowsupdate 7 12-13-2007 05:07
Microsoft Outlook 2007 In Microsoft Office Professional =?Utf-8?B?QmVubm8=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 03-19-2007 16:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120