Since upgrading to IE8 RTM, some new tabs time out

Benjamin M

Since upgrading to IE8 RTM, some new tabs time out
Since upgrading to IE8 RTM, I've found that many times when using Yahoo via
the Search Bar, the results page just won't load. It'll just sit there and go
round and round and nothing. It never actually times out, either.

The same can be said by right-clicking on links and go to 'Open In New Tab,'
or holding down Ctrl while clicking on a link.

It happens more so when clicking on results from yahoo search results pages,
but it randomly occurs via the Search Bar and via links on my Favorite Bar
and clicking on various links.

I can't seem to find any pattern whatsoever. I've cleared out all my cache,
reset everything in IE8, etc. No luck.

Any help is trying to diagnose this further?

Thanks
Jorge

RE: Since upgrading to IE8 RTM, some new tabs time out
Welcome to the "tabs not working" world.

Have you tried it running on an account memeber of administrators group? In
my case, tabs only work when running with administrative privilegies...

But on a normal user, restricted account, they don't. They just keep
going... loading... loading... load.... ... ...

"Benjamin M" wrote:

> Since upgrading to IE8 RTM, I've found that many times when using Yahoo via
> the Search Bar, the results page just won't load. It'll just sit there and go
> round and round and nothing. It never actually times out, either.
>
> The same can be said by right-clicking on links and go to 'Open In New Tab,'
> or holding down Ctrl while clicking on a link.
>
> It happens more so when clicking on results from yahoo search results pages,
> but it randomly occurs via the Search Bar and via links on my Favorite Bar
> and clicking on various links.
>
> I can't seem to find any pattern whatsoever. I've cleared out all my cache,
> reset everything in IE8, etc. No luck.
>
> Any help is trying to diagnose this further?
>

> Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

"Benjamin M" <BenjaminM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5B43E7E-FE9E-4021-B8AE-3D2B15550DAD@microsoft.com...
> Since upgrading to IE8 RTM, I've found that many times when using Yahoo via
> the Search Bar, the results page just won't load. It'll just sit there and go
> round and round and nothing. It never actually times out, either.
>
> The same can be said by right-clicking on links and go to 'Open In New Tab,'
> or holding down Ctrl while clicking on a link.

To see what should be happening by doing that use instead
right-click Copy Shortcut and paste it into a Notepad window.
E.g., is it really a link that you could paste and use in another window
or just a bit of javascript? If the latter, you might be disallowing Javascript
with too tight security, then have to derive the proper URL to open
from clues in the script. Etc.

> It happens more so when clicking on results from yahoo search results pages,
> but it randomly occurs via the Search Bar and via links on my Favorite Bar
> and clicking on various links.
>
> I can't seem to find any pattern whatsoever. I've cleared out all my cache,
> reset everything in IE8, etc. No luck.
>
> Any help is trying to diagnose this further?

Work with the problem details, not their symptoms. ; )

> Thanks

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---