Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE7 & Urchin Report problems?

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2009
JVRudnick
 

Posts: n/a
IE7 & Urchin Report problems?
I "used" to be able to login to see my Urchin 5 stats no problems using
IE7... on my XPPro/SP2 box fine.

But in the past couple of days, while I can still login, and see the main
menu -- clicking on the little mag glass to open up the reports now just
opens up a blank window. It's javascript that opens up that window and YES,
it's enabled and works fine on any other pages I visit that also use
javascript, just not on Urchin all of a sudden?

I can NOT see any reports in IE -- yet I can in Firefox or Safari....so this
is an IE browser issue....

Can anyone here help?

What might have changed or what've I done to cause this -- and -- how can I
fix same?

Pretty strange question, but I'd sure like to use IE to see same...and no
one has ever had this happen before at my dataCenter either...ie they're as
stumped as I am?

Jim



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2009
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 & Urchin Report problems?
Hi Jim,

Try first running IE in no-Addons mode and then logging in and viewing your
reports.

(Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (No-Addons))...

If this works then you will know that one of your Addon toolbars' popup
blocker' is turned on as well. Find the option in the toolbar's settings and
turn it off... You do not need it as the built-in popup blocker works fine.

We have had a number of posts about other popup blockers conflicting with
the built-in IE one.

Regards.

"JVRudnick" <JVRudnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B74EC81-D328-462D-8930-6E7D716A2A44@microsoft.com...
> I "used" to be able to login to see my Urchin 5 stats no problems using
> IE7... on my XPPro/SP2 box fine.
>
> But in the past couple of days, while I can still login, and see the main
> menu -- clicking on the little mag glass to open up the reports now just
> opens up a blank window. It's javascript that opens up that window and
> YES,
> it's enabled and works fine on any other pages I visit that also use
> javascript, just not on Urchin all of a sudden?
>
> I can NOT see any reports in IE -- yet I can in Firefox or Safari....so
> this
> is an IE browser issue....
>
> Can anyone here help?
>
> What might have changed or what've I done to cause this -- and -- how can
> I
> fix same?
>
> Pretty strange question, but I'd sure like to use IE to see same...and no
> one has ever had this happen before at my dataCenter either...ie they're
> as
> stumped as I am?
>
> Jim
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
JVRudnick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 & Urchin Report problems?
Nope. didn't work at all....I continue to get that same blank popup
page...it's like IE7 is ignoring the javascript content that is supposed to
"fill" that new window...

anyone else ever run into this?

Jim

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Try first running IE in no-Addons mode and then logging in and viewing your
> reports.
>
> (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (No-Addons))...
>
> If this works then you will know that one of your Addon toolbars' popup
> blocker' is turned on as well. Find the option in the toolbar's settings and
> turn it off... You do not need it as the built-in popup blocker works fine.
>
> We have had a number of posts about other popup blockers conflicting with
> the built-in IE one.
>
> Regards.
>
> "JVRudnick" <JVRudnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7B74EC81-D328-462D-8930-6E7D716A2A44@microsoft.com...
> > I "used" to be able to login to see my Urchin 5 stats no problems using
> > IE7... on my XPPro/SP2 box fine.
> >
> > But in the past couple of days, while I can still login, and see the main
> > menu -- clicking on the little mag glass to open up the reports now just
> > opens up a blank window. It's javascript that opens up that window and
> > YES,
> > it's enabled and works fine on any other pages I visit that also use
> > javascript, just not on Urchin all of a sudden?
> >
> > I can NOT see any reports in IE -- yet I can in Firefox or Safari....so
> > this
> > is an IE browser issue....
> >
> > Can anyone here help?
> >
> > What might have changed or what've I done to cause this -- and -- how can
> > I
> > fix same?
> >
> > Pretty strange question, but I'd sure like to use IE to see same...and no
> > one has ever had this happen before at my dataCenter either...ie they're
> > as
> > stumped as I am?
> >
> > Jim
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
JVRudnick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 & Urchin Report problems?
Ahh..resolved. a google on this issue turned up a year old post that offered
that somehow an MS update had "un-reg'd" some .dlls.......

So I went and re-regd these three....

C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 msscript.ocx
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 dispex.dll
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll

and Urchin reports now come up fine!


"JVRudnick" wrote:

> Nope. didn't work at all....I continue to get that same blank popup
> page...it's like IE7 is ignoring the javascript content that is supposed to
> "fill" that new window...
>
> anyone else ever run into this?
>
> Jim
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Try first running IE in no-Addons mode and then logging in and viewing your
> > reports.
> >
> > (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (No-Addons))...
> >
> > If this works then you will know that one of your Addon toolbars' popup
> > blocker' is turned on as well. Find the option in the toolbar's settings and
> > turn it off... You do not need it as the built-in popup blocker works fine.
> >
> > We have had a number of posts about other popup blockers conflicting with
> > the built-in IE one.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > "JVRudnick" <JVRudnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:7B74EC81-D328-462D-8930-6E7D716A2A44@microsoft.com...
> > > I "used" to be able to login to see my Urchin 5 stats no problems using
> > > IE7... on my XPPro/SP2 box fine.
> > >
> > > But in the past couple of days, while I can still login, and see the main
> > > menu -- clicking on the little mag glass to open up the reports now just
> > > opens up a blank window. It's javascript that opens up that window and
> > > YES,
> > > it's enabled and works fine on any other pages I visit that also use
> > > javascript, just not on Urchin all of a sudden?
> > >
> > > I can NOT see any reports in IE -- yet I can in Firefox or Safari....so
> > > this
> > > is an IE browser issue....
> > >
> > > Can anyone here help?
> > >
> > > What might have changed or what've I done to cause this -- and -- how can
> > > I
> > > fix same?
> > >
> > > Pretty strange question, but I'd sure like to use IE to see same...and no
> > > one has ever had this happen before at my dataCenter either...ie they're
> > > as
> > > stumped as I am?
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 & Urchin Report problems?
Thanks for the feedback JV. We will know better for it. Regards.

"JVRudnick" <JVRudnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CC65823A-03C8-4957-B6A6-D06CB315B1FB@microsoft.com...
> Ahh..resolved. a google on this issue turned up a year old post that
> offered
> that somehow an MS update had "un-reg'd" some .dlls.......
>
> So I went and re-regd these three....
>
> C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 msscript.ocx
> C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 dispex.dll
> C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>
> and Urchin reports now come up fine!
>
>
> "JVRudnick" wrote:
>
>> Nope. didn't work at all....I continue to get that same blank popup
>> page...it's like IE7 is ignoring the javascript content that is supposed
>> to
>> "fill" that new window...
>>
>> anyone else ever run into this?
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> "rob^_^" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Jim,
>> >
>> > Try first running IE in no-Addons mode and then logging in and viewing
>> > your
>> > reports.
>> >
>> > (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer
>> > (No-Addons))...
>> >
>> > If this works then you will know that one of your Addon toolbars' popup
>> > blocker' is turned on as well. Find the option in the toolbar's
>> > settings and
>> > turn it off... You do not need it as the built-in popup blocker works
>> > fine.
>> >
>> > We have had a number of posts about other popup blockers conflicting
>> > with
>> > the built-in IE one.
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >
>> > "JVRudnick" <JVRudnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:7B74EC81-D328-462D-8930-6E7D716A2A44@microsoft.com...
>> > > I "used" to be able to login to see my Urchin 5 stats no problems
>> > > using
>> > > IE7... on my XPPro/SP2 box fine.
>> > >
>> > > But in the past couple of days, while I can still login, and see the
>> > > main
>> > > menu -- clicking on the little mag glass to open up the reports now
>> > > just
>> > > opens up a blank window. It's javascript that opens up that window
>> > > and
>> > > YES,
>> > > it's enabled and works fine on any other pages I visit that also use
>> > > javascript, just not on Urchin all of a sudden?
>> > >
>> > > I can NOT see any reports in IE -- yet I can in Firefox or
>> > > Safari....so
>> > > this
>> > > is an IE browser issue....
>> > >
>> > > Can anyone here help?
>> > >
>> > > What might have changed or what've I done to cause this -- and -- how
>> > > can
>> > > I
>> > > fix same?
>> > >
>> > > Pretty strange question, but I'd sure like to use IE to see
>> > > same...and no
>> > > one has ever had this happen before at my dataCenter either...ie
>> > > they're
>> > > as
>> > > stumped as I am?
>> > >
>> > > Jim
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firefox users report problems after updating Steve Security News 0 09-05-2008 20:10
Problems Report & Solutions powerXtreme microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 01-11-2008 21:09
Problems solved, I have nothing to report! goorambatman microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 10-23-2007 15:55
A Google Blunder- the Sad Story of Urchin Steve General Technology News 0 10-10-2007 16:00
[reposted] Problems with shortcuts, how do I report this nicholas hall microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 15:44




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120