Internet Explorer Must restart?

Bron55

Internet Explorer Must restart?
Running Vista Ultimate with EP7. When I type in a new web address or click on
favourites IE& does not always go to the new address even when I highlight
the address and click regresh again. Other times when here in newsgroup
trying to retreive my answer to a question I get the message: Internet
Explorer must close and retart this then closes all windows open of IE7, then
opens a new window loading my home page again. Upon going through the whole
process of getting back to where I started only to have the same thing happen
again. So inconvenient. Does not always rectify after I reboot the computer.
Please help me
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Internet Explorer Must restart?

"Bron55" <Bron55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65807DA7-4261-4FBA-B14C-6AFA033E7470@microsoft.com...
> Running Vista Ultimate with EP7. When I type in a new web address or click on
> favourites IE& does not always go to the new address even when I highlight
> the address and click regresh again.

Please give a specific publicly accessible URL to use as an example.
Make sure that it is a full URL, e.g., complete with protocol prefix.
Are you saying that you could click on it and use the link that way
but not be able to type that exact same string into your Address bar
and press Enter? Note that it is very important to type a *full*
URL (especially with a protocol prefix) to enter it in the Address bar,
otherwise you would be testing something else, related to your default
search.

If, in addition, you are having trouble with a specific Favorite's link
in its .URL file you should right-click, Properties on it so you can copy
and paste that link into your reply and use it as example. Do not rely
on the name of the Favorite to provide the full URL that you should be
using.

> Other times when here in newsgroup
> trying to retreive my answer to a question I get the message: Internet
> Explorer must close and retart this then closes all windows open of IE7, then
> opens a new window loading my home page again. Upon going through the whole
> process of getting back to where I started only to have the same thing happen
> again. So inconvenient. Does not always rectify after I reboot the computer.
> Please help me

Try using No Add-ons mode instead. E.g. Run... (press Win-R and enter

iexplore.exe -nohome -extoff

click on Stop or press Ctrl-t to continue.

Also, consider whether this is just a more common thing that you do
--in which case it is not so much a problem cause as a symptom.
E.g. if you had previously visited a site with Flash and then tried to do
the common thing, the cause might be the visit to the Flash site,
not the symptom that you are noticing. Etc.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Bron55

Re: Internet Explorer Must restart?
Thankyou will try that. I do have a URL or specific web address & is running
with no add-ons Will trythe rest shortly. Sorry for spelling & typo errors
but it was 5am Australia time when typed with no sleep.