RE: Fix IE7 Add to Favorites problem - Please vote YES to fix!

MADinIA

RE: Fix IE7 Add to Favorites problem - Please vote YES to fix!
Yes! Why can I not get that looooooong list of favorites to collapse? I
know it can be done -- DH also uses IE7, and does not get this ridiculously
long list (when he adds a favorite, it looks much more like the interface in
IE6, though not identical). Thing is, he doesn't remember changing anything
to get it to behave this way. I spent several HOURS last night trying,
without success to find out how to do this.

I flatly refuse to PAY Microsoft an exhorbitant price to tell me how to fix
their FUBAR over the phone, and their Knowledge Base is too large and/or
complex to find the info I need (not to mention that much of it is far too
technical for us mere mortals to comprehend!).

I'd like to make IE7 work for me, since it's a hassle to keep two browsers
up-to-date with favorites. But if I can't solve this problem of the exploded
tree, and very, very soon, I'm going make Firefox my browser of choice and
only use Microsoft's PITA (you figure it out!) browsers to do updates.

MADinIowa

"Blue" wrote:

> Non collapsing favorites folders. Agggggggghhhhhhhhh
> My favorites used to be well organised and productive. Since IE7 they are a
> total mess. Do Microsoft really want people to move to Firefox -they have
> made a very strong case by adding this "feature" to IE7. The problem has
> remained unfixed for far too long - Let's vote with our feet and bail out.
>
> "Sean Smith" wrote:
>
> > Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)
> > Favorites problem
> >
> > A new ‘feature’ of IE7 appears to be it’s auto-expansion of every favorite
> > folder when you click on add-to-favorites.
> >
> > The problem is I have a highly organized massive amount of folders nested
> > multiple levels deep and the indentations are quite small. This makes for a
> > cumbersome visual overload that is quite unwieldy.
> >
> > I would much prefer that all of my folders remain closed by default and I
> > can click on each one to expand it and then it’s logical child counterpart as
> > appropriate and so on. This would make the system much more user friendly
> > for me as I am wasting a huge amount of time trying to find my way around at
> > the moment.
> >
> > Is there an option in IE7 to collapse all folders during the Add to
> > Favorites process?
> >
> > If so what is it?
> >
> > I have found the following settings under Internet Options Advanced but they
> > did not seem to help. Maybe someone could explain what they do –
> > Browsing – Close unused folders in History and Favorites
> > Browsing – Enable personalized favorites menu
> > Browsing – Enable TP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Donald Anadell

"MADinIA" <MADinIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes! Why can I not get that looooooong list of favorites to collapse? I
> know it can be done -- DH also uses IE7, and does not get this
> ridiculously
> long list (when he adds a favorite, it looks much more like the interface
> in
> IE6, though not identical). Thing is, he doesn't remember changing
> anything
> to get it to behave this way. I spent several HOURS last night trying,
> without success to find out how to do this.
>
> I flatly refuse to PAY Microsoft an exhorbitant price to tell me how to
> fix
> their FUBAR over the phone, and their Knowledge Base is too large and/or
> complex to find the info I need (not to mention that much of it is far too
> technical for us mere mortals to comprehend!).

Save your money, because WYSIWYG. The problem(Expanded Favorites Tree when
using Add to Favorites) will not be fixed in IE7, and it is still there in
IE8 as well.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell