Error

David Black

Error
I would like to know why when I go to a particular web page I am not seeing
the same home page as others are seeing. In other words it does not load
properly. Nothing happens when I click on any of the links. What happens
when I click on the links the same page I am seeing loads again. I already
tried to clear my cookies and temporary Internet files to see if that solves
the problem and it does not.
Gordon

Re: Error
"David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know why when I go to a particular web page I am not seeing
> the same home page as others are seeing. In other words it does not load
> properly. Nothing happens when I click on any of the links. What happens
> when I click on the links the same page I am seeing loads again. I
> already
> tried to clear my cookies and temporary Internet files to see if that
> solves
> the problem and it does not.

And, err, what page might that BE?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

David Black

Re: Error
The web page is wearvelocity.com

"Gordon" wrote:

> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to know why when I go to a particular web page I am not seeing
> > the same home page as others are seeing. In other words it does not load
> > properly. Nothing happens when I click on any of the links. What happens
> > when I click on the links the same page I am seeing loads again. I
> > already
> > tried to clear my cookies and temporary Internet files to see if that
> > solves
> > the problem and it does not.

> And, err, what page might that BE?
>
> --
> Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

Steve Hebert

Re: Error
Do you have this problem if you run IE with no add ons? (assuming you're
using IE7 or IE8)

Steve

> The web page is wearvelocity.com
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to know why when I go to a particular web page I am not
>> >seeing
>> > the same home page as others are seeing. In other words it does not
>> > load
>> > properly. Nothing happens when I click on any of the links. What
>> > happens
>> > when I click on the links the same page I am seeing loads again. I
>> > already
>> > tried to clear my cookies and temporary Internet files to see if that
>> > solves
>> > the problem and it does not.

>> And, err, what page might that BE?
>>
>> --
>> Asking a question?
>> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
>> your OS, Service Pack level
>> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

David Black

Re: Error
I am using Internet Explorer Version 8 with no add ons. My operating system
is Windows XP Home Edition with SP2.

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> Do you have this problem if you run IE with no add ons? (assuming you're
> using IE7 or IE8)
>
> Steve
>

> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The web page is wearvelocity.com
> >
> > "Gordon" wrote:
> >
> >> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> And, err, what page might that BE?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Asking a question?
> >> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> >> your OS, Service Pack level
> >> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

Steve Hebert

Re: Error
Does that mean that you're actually running in no add-ons mode? Or simply
that you don't think that you've added anything?
No add-ons mode can be started:
All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
command prompt or Start, Run - "%ProgramFiles%\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
Start, right-click on Internet Explorer, select 'Browse without Add ons'

Steve

>I am using Internet Explorer Version 8 with no add ons. My operating
>system
> is Windows XP Home Edition with SP2.
>
> "Steve Hebert" wrote:
>
>> Do you have this problem if you run IE with no add ons? (assuming you're
>> using IE7 or IE8)
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The web page is wearvelocity.com

David Black

Re: Error
I ran your suggestions to make sure that I was running with no add-ons. I
then went to the website I was talking about and the same problem still
occurs. Also, I am receiving no error message.

"Steve Hebert" wrote:

> Does that mean that you're actually running in no add-ons mode? Or simply
> that you don't think that you've added anything?
> No add-ons mode can be started:
> All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> command prompt or Start, Run - "%ProgramFiles%\Internet
> Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
> Start, right-click on Internet Explorer, select 'Browse without Add ons'
>
> Steve
>
> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Internet Explorer Version 8 with no add ons. My operating
> >system
> > is Windows XP Home Edition with SP2.
> >
> > "Steve Hebert" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have this problem if you run IE with no add ons? (assuming you're
> >> using IE7 or IE8)
> >>
> >> Steve

Daniel Crichton

Re: Error
What links are you clicking? When I first went to the site I click on the
orange text (memorabilia, apparrel, footwear) in the top image thinking they
were links, but they are not - it's just a list of product types they have
on the site, not actual links to those products. This will cause the page to
reload though because the entire top image links to the home page.

What happens if you switch to IE7 compatibility mode? Click the little
broken page icon to the right of the address bar, this will reload the page
in compatibility mode. If it then works then it's an issue that only the
site authors can correct. However I tried that site in IE8 and clicking
links like About and Contact Us work fine.

Dan

David wrote on Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:02:04 -0700:

> I ran your suggestions to make sure that I was running with no add-ons.
> I then went to the website I was talking about and the same problem
> still occurs. Also, I am receiving no error message.

> "Steve Hebert" wrote:

>> Does that mean that you're actually running in no add-ons mode? Or
>> simply that you don't think that you've added anything?
>> No add-ons mode can be started:
>> All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (no
>> add-ons)
>> command prompt or Start, Run - "%ProgramFiles%\Internet
>> Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>> Start, right-click on Internet Explorer, select 'Browse without
>> Add ons'

>> Steve

>> "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am using Internet Explorer Version 8 with no add ons. My
>>> operating system is Windows XP Home Edition with SP2.

David Black

Re: Error
First of all I am using IE8 and cannot perform the functions that you can and
that is what is so confusing to me. Second, I do not see the broken page
icon next to the address bar you are talking about. Your continued help will
be appreciated.

"Daniel Crichton" wrote:

> What links are you clicking? When I first went to the site I click on the
> orange text (memorabilia, apparrel, footwear) in the top image thinking they
> were links, but they are not - it's just a list of product types they have
> on the site, not actual links to those products. This will cause the page to
> reload though because the entire top image links to the home page.
>
> What happens if you switch to IE7 compatibility mode? Click the little
> broken page icon to the right of the address bar, this will reload the page
> in compatibility mode. If it then works then it's an issue that only the
> site authors can correct. However I tried that site in IE8 and clicking
> links like About and Contact Us work fine.
>
> Dan
>
> David wrote on Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:02:04 -0700:
>
> > I ran your suggestions to make sure that I was running with no add-ons.
> > I then went to the website I was talking about and the same problem
> > still occurs. Also, I am receiving no error message.

> > "Steve Hebert" wrote:

> >> Does that mean that you're actually running in no add-ons mode? Or
> >> simply that you don't think that you've added anything?
> >> No add-ons mode can be started:
> >> All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (no
> >> add-ons)
> >> command prompt or Start, Run - "%ProgramFiles%\Internet
> >> Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
> >> Start, right-click on Internet Explorer, select 'Browse without
> >> Add ons'

> >> Steve

Daniel Crichton

Re: Error
You don't see the following icon:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photo...patibility.jpg

As I said I'm using IE8 - this icon allows IE8 to switch to IE7 mode in case
of coding/rendering issues.

Which links are you clicking on that keep causing the home page to load?

Dan