IE7 Slow connection

leonperrins

IE7 Slow connection
I'm running XP Pro + SP3.

Outlook Express connects immediately but IE takes a long time and sometimes
doesn't connect at all.

I have run all the Anti Progs but it remains the same.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Slow connection
Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

leonperrins wrote:
> I'm running XP Pro + SP3.
>
> Outlook Express connects immediately but IE takes a long time and sometimes
> doesn't connect at all.
>
> I have run all the Anti Progs but it remains the same.

Roy Colson

Re: IE7 Slow connection
I have the same problem. Ran IE7 in the no add-ons mode and that cured the
problem. How do I identify which add-on is the cause. Also, if I upgrade to
IE8 will that cure the problem.

Thanks in advance

> Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
> conflict with Internet Explorer.
>
> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being caused
> by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you how to
> identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> leonperrins wrote:
>> I'm running XP Pro + SP3.
>>
>> Outlook Express connects immediately but IE takes a long time and
>> sometimes doesn't connect at all.
>>
>> I have run all the Anti Progs but it remains the same.

Steve Hebert

Re: IE7 Slow connection
Answered in your other thread at

"Roy Colson" <rcolsonNoSpam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem. Ran IE7 in the no add-ons mode and that cured the
>problem. How do I identify which add-on is the cause. Also, if I upgrade to
>IE8 will that cure the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance

>> Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
>> conflict with Internet Explorer.
>>
>> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>>
>> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
>> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>>
>> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
>> following target path:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>>
>> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
>> caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you how
>> to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>>
>> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
>> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> leonperrins wrote:
>>> I'm running XP Pro + SP3.
>>>
>>> Outlook Express connects immediately but IE takes a long time and
>>> sometimes doesn't connect at all.
>>>
>>> I have run all the Anti Progs but it remains the same.

leonperrins

Re: IE7 Slow connection
I am alreadt running with "No-addons".
Didn't know it and how is it enabled?

Another problem: when I click on the email notification it doesn't take me
to this forum.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
> conflict with Internet Explorer.
>
> Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
> caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
> how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> leonperrins wrote:
> > I'm running XP Pro + SP3.
> >
> > Outlook Express connects immediately but IE takes a long time and sometimes
> > doesn't connect at all.
> >
> > I have run all the Anti Progs but it remains the same.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Slow connection
Upgrading to IE 8 won't help with your problem, because your problem is
not caused by Internet Explorer.

Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the
problem:

1- Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs tab > 'Manage add-ons'
button > 'Manage Add-ons' window.

2- In the Show box, select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer' to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer. For
each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under
Settings. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

3- Start Internet Explorer 7. Go to Tools > point to Manage Add-ons >
click Enable or Disable Add-ons. Now enable a single add-on, then exit
and restart Internet Explorer 7 to see if it works properly. Repeat
until you determine which add-on causes the problem to occur.

Once you've located the troublemaking add-on(s) ask the vendor's
technical support for help.

In general, never upgrade your operating system unless it is working
properly to begin with.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est