IE 8 problem with desktop image!

ZAK

IE 8 problem with desktop image!
After downloading IE 8 > restarting > loading, it refreshed the screen and
made the desktop background image larger. All other preloaded XP images
suffer the same result. Resolution matches screen 1280x1024.
120dpi.(96dpi has no effect on the back ground image).

Whats going on here?

Running WinXP, sp3, nvidia geforce 8400 graphics card. (updated drivers 3/29)
ILUVINK

RE: IE 8 problem with desktop image!
I have the same exact issue. I did notice that when XP is shutting down that
the image returns to normal for a brief second before it disappears. What did
IE8 change?

"ZAK" wrote:

> After downloading IE 8 > restarting > loading, it refreshed the screen and
> made the desktop background image larger. All other preloaded XP images
> suffer the same result. Resolution matches screen 1280x1024.
> 120dpi.(96dpi has no effect on the back ground image).
>
> Whats going on here?
>
> Running WinXP, sp3, nvidia geforce 8400 graphics card. (updated drivers 3/29)

Seymour Newman

Re: IE 8 problem with desktop image!
I have Vista using 182.08 drivers from Nvidia and do not see the same
symptom. 182.50 are out but I am afraid to try them based on the numerous
problems written in the Nvidia forum. My card is a 7300GT.

--

Seymour

"ILUVINK" <ILUVINK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same exact issue. I did notice that when XP is shutting down
> that
> the image returns to normal for a brief second before it disappears. What
> did
> IE8 change?
>

> "ZAK" wrote:
>
>> After downloading IE 8 > restarting > loading, it refreshed the screen
>> and
>> made the desktop background image larger. All other preloaded XP images
>> suffer the same result. Resolution matches screen 1280x1024.
>> 120dpi.(96dpi has no effect on the back ground image).
>>
>> Whats going on here?
>>
>> Running WinXP, sp3, nvidia geforce 8400 graphics card. (updated drivers
>> 3/29)

Living Legend

On Apr 11, 6:36*am, "Seymour Newman" <sunris...@invalid.com> wrote:
> I have Vista using 182.08 drivers from Nvidia and do not see the same
> symptom. 182.50 are out but I am afraid to try them based on the numerous
> problems written in the Nvidia forum. My card is a 7300GT.
>
> --
>
> Seymour
>
> "ILUVINK" <ILUV...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > I have the same exact issue. I did notice that when XP is shutting down
> > that
> > the image returns to normal for a brief second before it disappears. What
> > did
> > IE8 change?

> > "ZAK" wrote:

> >> After downloading IE 8 > restarting > loading, it refreshed the screen
> >> and
> >> made the desktop background image larger. All other preloaded *XP images
> >> suffer the same result. Resolution matches screen 1280x1024.
> >> 120dpi.(96dpi has no effect on the back ground image).

> >> Whats going on here?

> >> Running WinXP, sp3, nvidia geforce 8400 graphics card. (updated drivers
> >> 3/29)

Disable Active Desktop in the Registry and it is back to "Normal"
Sherip999

"Living Legend" wrote:

> Disable Active Desktop in the Registry and it is back to "Normal"

Same issue here. I got ie8 as a Windows Update today (6/24/2009), or would
not have installed it. Disabling Active Desktop is not a good solution
because then you can't use a photo as wallpaper. I think also, any bmp shown
is getting downgraded to 256 colors.

Another unacceptable solution is to configure display settings to use 96
rather than 120 dpi.

Have now lost a whole day trying to resolve -- the only way I've found that
works (gets wallpaper to display in the correct size and location on the
desktop) is to ENABLE showing of desktop icons and DISABLE the option to Lock
Web Items to the Desktop. Unfortunately, I prefer not to show desktop icons.

To summarize, after installing ie8 on XP, unless showing desktop icons, if
you use 120 dpi in your display settings, your desktop wallpaper image is
incorrectly scaled and all you see is the upper left quadrant of the image!

Regards,
Sheri