IE8 Personalized Favorites ?

JCE

IE8 Personalized Favorites ?
Hi,

Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in IE8
final version.

Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?

Thanks,

JCE

Kevin

Re: IE8 Personalized Favorites ?
JCE,
This might be too simple to work but, try arranging your Favorites the way
you want them and then renaming them
with a leading number, for example:
1-Favorite, 2-Favorite and so on.
I know this works with maintaining the order of shorcuts on the Favorites
bar formerly the Links bar.
-Kevin

"JCE" <njb1NOSPAM@jumpingcholla.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in
> IE8 final version.
>
> Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JCE

JCE

Re: IE8 Personalized Favorites ?
Hi Kevin,

yeah, I did that on some of my Favorites too, but the issue is not the sort
order, rather then having ONLY the Favorites and Favorite folders displayed
which are used most often and NOT the whole favorites list when clicking on
the menu on "Favorites" !!!

I have about 40 folder or so and in addition maybe another 40 favorites
stored under the favorites root menu. Usually, in IE7 I had "Personalized
Favorites" check in the options and so my favorite menu showed maybe 5 or 6
folders and 2 or 3 favorites I used most often.

BTW, I also tried to use the history, but that doesn't work either to well.

So, I am still looking to get IE8 displaying the Personalized Favorites Menu
the way it was in IE7. I know, there are SOME registry hacks out there, but
I haven't found a working one yet.

Any other thoughts ?

Thanks for answering,

JCE

"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> JCE,
> This might be too simple to work but, try arranging your Favorites the way
> you want them and then renaming them
> with a leading number, for example:
> 1-Favorite, 2-Favorite and so on.
> I know this works with maintaining the order of shorcuts on the Favorites
> bar formerly the Links bar.
> -Kevin
>
> "JCE" <njb1NOSPAM@jumpingcholla.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in
>> IE8 final version.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JCE

Kevin

Re: IE8 Personalized Favorites ?
JCE,
I think you're probably going to have to settle for something in between
since the Personalized Favorites option is no longer offered.
There was another post similar to yours in which one of the replies offfered
up a registry hack. "Sort Favorites" posted 3/30/2009, but it relates more
to sorting than to just listing personal favorites.

> Hi Kevin,
>
> yeah, I did that on some of my Favorites too, but the issue is not the
> sort order, rather then having ONLY the Favorites and Favorite folders
> displayed which are used most often and NOT the whole favorites list when
> clicking on the menu on "Favorites" !!!
>
> I have about 40 folder or so and in addition maybe another 40 favorites
> stored under the favorites root menu. Usually, in IE7 I had "Personalized
> Favorites" check in the options and so my favorite menu showed maybe 5 or
> 6 folders and 2 or 3 favorites I used most often.
>
> BTW, I also tried to use the history, but that doesn't work either to
> well.
>
> So, I am still looking to get IE8 displaying the Personalized Favorites
> Menu the way it was in IE7. I know, there are SOME registry hacks out
> there, but I haven't found a working one yet.
>
> Any other thoughts ?
>
> Thanks for answering,
>
> JCE
>

> "Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> JCE,
>> This might be too simple to work but, try arranging your Favorites the
>> way you want them and then renaming them
>> with a leading number, for example:
>> 1-Favorite, 2-Favorite and so on.
>> I know this works with maintaining the order of shorcuts on the Favorites
>> bar formerly the Links bar.
>> -Kevin
>>
>> "JCE" <njb1NOSPAM@jumpingcholla.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in
>>> IE8 final version.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> JCE

Denz

RE: IE8 Personalized Favorites ?
Favorites ....look for a small icon when you pull down the favorites ....says
PIN. Click on the pin and the current page will be added to your favorites.

"JCE" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in IE8
> final version.
>
> Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JCE

JCE

Re: IE8 Personalized Favorites ?
Hi,

thanks for answering............but that is NOT the issue. The issue is that
there is no more the option to ENABLE PERSONALIZED FAVORITES, so to make the
Favorites menu expand or shrink depending on how often certain favorites
were used.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

JCE

"Denz" <Denz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Favorites ....look for a small icon when you pull down the favorites
> ....says
> PIN. Click on the pin and the current page will be added to your
> favorites.
>
> "JCE" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in
>> IE8
>> final version.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JCE

Vicki

Re: IE8 Personalized Favorites?
I also miss the Personalized Favorites. I have many, many Favorites and
several that I use daily and weekly. I hate it when I click on a folder and
40 or 50 sites come up and I have to find the one I'm looking for. If they
don't make it available on IE8, I just may revert back to IE7 - that's how
much I need it. I can't have all my most commonly used sites on the
Favorites Bar - there's too many and renaming them 1-Favorite, 2-Favorite,
etc will defeat my purpose.

"JCE" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for answering............but that is NOT the issue. The issue is that
> there is no more the option to ENABLE PERSONALIZED FAVORITES, so to make the
> Favorites menu expand or shrink depending on how often certain favorites
> were used.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JCE
>

> "Denz" <Denz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Favorites ....look for a small icon when you pull down the favorites
> > ....says
> > PIN. Click on the pin and the current page will be added to your
> > favorites.
> >
> > "JCE" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Obviously, the IE7 option to "Enable Personalized Favorites" is gone in
> >> IE8
> >> final version.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of a trick or registry hack to get ths feature back ?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> JCE

Robert Aldwinckle

"Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B41B9C3-D7B8-4A09-A8D7-B242C791EED2@microsoft.com...
>I also miss the Personalized Favorites.

> I have many, many Favorites and several that I use daily and weekly.

> I hate it when I click on a folder and 40 or 50 sites come up and I have to find the one I'm looking for.

Why don't you organize them better then?
E.g. just drag the ones you want to see the most to the top of the list.

Also, do you have Windows Search installed and the new
AutoComplete for Address bar search feature enabled?
That now solves the problem we used to have that Favorites
had to be in the root directory in order to be found by typing
to match the beginning of an entry. Even better, it also solves
the problem of having to find Favorites by matching the beginning
of an entry, since WS will match *any* word of a Favorite's name
or its URL in order to include it into the AutoSuggest results list.

> If they
> don't make it available on IE8, I just may revert back to IE7 - that's how
> much I need it. I can't have all my most commonly used sites on the
> Favorites Bar - there's too many and renaming them 1-Favorite, 2-Favorite,
> etc will defeat my purpose.

You don't need to do that if you enable the Windows Search feature.

Try it. You'll like it. ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Vicki

Re: IE8 Personalized Favorites?
Thanks, I'll try it. I also added the Delicious Sidebar and have tagged my
most frequently used websites. That is working pretty well. Have a nice day!