Can't download IE 7

sheana

Can't download IE 7
In the process of downloading Windows Updates, I declined installation of IE
7. I went to review my update history, showing the only update not installed
was IE 7. I then reconsidered and decided to install IE 7. Unfortunately
there was no link to download IE 7, and I can't find it.

I downloaded IE 8 for WinXP instead, but I'd rather back down to 7.

Also, where is the icon for showing browsing history in IE8? I clicked on an
icon that must have to do with my having Google toolbar installed in my
browser, and it has to do with Google's tracking of web history, not IE.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

sheana

sheana

Re: Can't download IE 7
Tom,

I thought of that the moment after I posted. I should have notified you
right away. I wasn't thinking with my head, but reacting out of fear. Sorry,

Thanks for your help.

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> If you had Googled, you would have found the link in seconds.
>
> "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : In the process of downloading Windows Updates, I declined installation
> of
> IE
> : 7. I went to review my update history, showing the only update not
> installed
> : was IE 7. I then reconsidered and decided to install IE 7.
> Unfortunately
> : there was no link to download IE 7, and I can't find it.
> :
> : I downloaded IE 8 for WinXP instead, but I'd rather back down to 7.
> :
> : Also, where is the icon for showing browsing history in IE8? I clicked
> on
> an
> : icon that must have to do with my having Google toolbar installed in my
> : browser, and it has to do with Google's tracking of web history, not IE.
> : Please help. Thanks in advance.
> :
> : sheana
> :
> :

VanguardLH

Re: Can't download IE 7
sheana wrote:

> In the process of downloading Windows Updates, I declined installation of IE
> 7. I went to review my update history, showing the only update not installed
> was IE 7. I then reconsidered and decided to install IE 7. Unfortunately
> there was no link to download IE 7, and I can't find it.
>
> I downloaded IE 8 for WinXP instead, but I'd rather back down to 7.
>
> Also, where is the icon for showing browsing history in IE8? I clicked on an
> icon that must have to do with my having Google toolbar installed in my
> browser, and it has to do with Google's tracking of web history, not IE.
> Please help. Thanks in advance.
>
> sheana

www.microsoft.com/ie

There are links to the older versions.

First uninstall IE8 to revert to your prior version (which would be IE6
maybe?). Then install the newer version you want.