IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot display the web page until refresh

Smiler

IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot display the web page until refresh
Hi,
Is anybody getting this problem when you click on mouse link in the browser
window and you have the link open in new window the IE8 cannot display the
web page. Diagnose problem causes no errors. If you refresh several times
then page will load as normal.
Thanks in advance
Micosmiling
p.s.
cleared temp, flushed dns, etc

Bowling Fanatic

RE: IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot display th
I get the same thing and when it checks the internet connection says
everything is fine and then starts to load the page. I am currently working
on a script error problem as well. Hope MS is reading these posts and gets
some fix's out there that work.

"Smiler" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is anybody getting this problem when you click on mouse link in the browser
> window and you have the link open in new window the IE8 cannot display the
> web page. Diagnose problem causes no errors. If you refresh several times
> then page will load as normal.
> Thanks in advance
> Micosmiling
> p.s.
> cleared temp, flushed dns, etc

Mr T

RE: IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot displa
I am also getting this problem! When opening ie8 my home page does not
appear, also when opening new tab, in both cases it says cannot display the
web page.

It seems random though, only happens some of the time, more often than not
though!
Nomad8668

RE: IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot display th
I almost never use new windows(prefer tabs), but I have had this happen a few
times with new tab. One "refresh" is usually enough to get it.

RJC

RE: IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot display th
Suspect this is simple + Vista default or something but not XP.
Go to Tools + Internet settings + General and look at setting for Check for
newrer versions of stored pages. My Vista one had Never selected - whereas XP
had Every time I start IE. Correct setting seems to have worked for us in
the UK!

"Smiler" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is anybody getting this problem when you click on mouse link in the browser
> window and you have the link open in new window the IE8 cannot display the
> web page. Diagnose problem causes no errors. If you refresh several times
> then page will load as normal.
> Thanks in advance
> Micosmiling
> p.s.
> cleared temp, flushed dns, etc

RJC

RE: IE 8 new window problem causes internet explorer cannot displa
Perhaps should have said go to Settings under Browser History. Perhaps
recommend Automatic setting. Our problem was not with a 'new' window but
revisiting a page that should have been updated by recent post but renained
as last seen several days ago. This almost appears to be a new problem to us,
but not sure.