IE8 - recently closed tabs

Mino

IE8 - recently closed tabs
Hi,
I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the number of "recently
closed tabs" in IE 8?

Thanks
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 - recently closed tabs

"Mino" <Mino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52953428-B44B-45C3-B013-0A0B14B0E979@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the number of "recently
> closed tabs" in IE 8?

What are you implying? Try opening and closing more?

> Thanks

Mino

Re: IE8 - recently closed tabs
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-tab-page.aspx

Function "Restore closed tabs".

What I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the list of closed tabs.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Mino" <Mino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52953428-B44B-45C3-B013-0A0B14B0E979@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the number of "recently
> > closed tabs" in IE 8?

> What are you implying? Try opening and closing more?
>

> > Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 - recently closed tabs

"Mino" <Mino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C5834E-3F7E-4E57-BCCA-7FD39861C4B0@microsoft.com...
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-tab-page.aspx
>
> Function "Restore closed tabs".
>
> What I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the list of closed tabs.

Yes, by opening more tabs and closing them, as I mentioned.
But I don't see anything in that article which implies otherwise
unless you are misinterpreting the example as telling you that
you can only have 2?

Repost:

>> What are you implying? Try opening and closing more?

Robert
---

Mino

Re: IE8 - recently closed tabs
If you have IE8, you can open the last closed tab and the last closed tabs
from a list.

Now I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the number of tabs in
the list or there is no limit to the list and depends only on the number of
tabs which close in that session of IE?

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Mino" <Mino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C5834E-3F7E-4E57-BCCA-7FD39861C4B0@microsoft.com...
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-tab-page.aspx
> >
> > Function "Restore closed tabs".
> >
> > What I wanted to know if it was possible to increase the list of closed tabs.

> Yes, by opening more tabs and closing them, as I mentioned.
> But I don't see anything in that article which implies otherwise
> unless you are misinterpreting the example as telling you that
> you can only have 2?
>
> Repost:
>
> >> What are you implying? Try opening and closing more?

> Robert
> ---

Steve Hebert

Re: IE8 - recently closed tabs
Since this list never seems to contain more than 10 'recently closed tabs',
I think that you'd have to modify the generated html page that displays
them. And I don't know how you'd do that because I suspect that html page
is somehow generated within one of the IE dll's, since I can't find anything
in the registry.

Steve