macro for changing background color

Amnon Wilensky

macro for changing background color
Hi,
I am using light green as my background color but from time to time I have
to return to the default color. To do that (and vise versa) I have to enter
into Tools/Internet Options/accessibility/ and check, or uncheck, "Ignore
colors specified on webpage".

My question: is there an easy way to do it?

Using ver. 7.

Thanks,

Amnon

Donald Anadell

Re: macro for changing background color

"Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using light green as my background color but from time to time I have
> to return to the default color. To do that (and vise versa) I have to
> enter into Tools/Internet Options/accessibility/ and check, or uncheck,
> "Ignore colors specified on webpage".
>
> My question: is there an easy way to do it?

I don't know of any Utility or Add-on that would do this for you on the fly.
But you could reduce the procedure from 6 mouse clicks down to 2 mouse
clicks by using .reg files. When you tick and untick "Ignore colors
specified on webpage" it changes the DWORD value at the following Registry
Key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings]
DWORD Name = Always Use My Colors
DWORD Value(s) = 1(on) or 0(zero for off)

You could export that Key after ticking "Ignore colors specified on webpage"
and save it as a .reg file with a name like "MyColorsOn.reg".
Then remove the tick from "Ignore colors specified on webpage" and export
the Key again with a name like "MyColorsOff.reg"

With those two .reg files it's it's simply a matter of right-clicking on one
or the other and choosing Merge to change the setting as you prefer it.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Using ver. 7.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amnon

Amnon Wilensky

Re: macro for changing background color
Hi Donald,

didn't find "setting" folder under "Internet Explorer".

Amnon

> Hi Donald,
>
> didn't find "setting" folder under "Internet Explorer".

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings (<- Notice
there is an "s" on Settings)

All my Windows XP installations regardless of whether they have IE6, IE7, or
IE8 installed have that Key in the Registry in the Current_User hive.

Donald Anadell

> Amnon
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I am using light green as my background color but from time to time I
>>> have to return to the default color. To do that (and vise versa) I have
>>> to enter into Tools/Internet Options/accessibility/ and check, or
>>> uncheck, "Ignore colors specified on webpage".
>>>
>>> My question: is there an easy way to do it?

>> I don't know of any Utility or Add-on that would do this for you on the
>> fly. But you could reduce the procedure from 6 mouse clicks down to 2
>> mouse clicks by using .reg files. When you tick and untick "Ignore
>> colors specified on webpage" it changes the DWORD value at the following
>> Registry Key:
>>
>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings]
>> DWORD Name = Always Use My Colors
>> DWORD Value(s) = 1(on) or 0(zero for off)
>>
>> You could export that Key after ticking "Ignore colors specified on
>> webpage" and save it as a .reg file with a name like "MyColorsOn.reg".
>> Then remove the tick from "Ignore colors specified on webpage" and export
>> the Key again with a name like "MyColorsOff.reg"
>>
>> With those two .reg files it's it's simply a matter of right-clicking on
>> one or the other and choosing Merge to change the setting as you prefer
>> it.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Using ver. 7.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Amnon

Amnon Wilensky

Re: macro for changing background color
Hi Donald,

First, I find the right place.
Second, when I merge the file, I have to answer to a notice from the
registry editor, twice.
And last, it changed the registry but didn't change the color!

> Hi Donald,
>
> First, I find the right place.
> Second, when I merge the file, I have to answer to a notice from the
> registry editor, twice.
> And last, it changed the registry but didn't change the color!

Did you restart the Browser?

<Recap>

When you tick or untick the following item in Internet Options:

Tools||Internet Options||General(tab)||Accessibility(button)||Form atting
"Ignore colors specified on webpages"

There is only one change to the Registry that ticking and unticking that
item makes at the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings
DWORD Name: "Always use my colors"

Ticking "Ignore colors specified on webpages" changes the DWORD Value of
"Always use my colors" to: 1(for turned ON).

Unticking "Ignore colors specified on webpages" changes the DWORD Value of
"Always use my colors" to: 0(zero for turned OFF).

</Recap>

If this is not working for you then I would suggest you use a Restore Point
to undo any changes you're made to the Registry, and continue to use
Internet Options to make the change as you were doing.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks,
>
> Amnon
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message
>>> Hi Donald,
>>>
>>> didn't find "setting" folder under "Internet Explorer".

>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings (<-
>> Notice there is an "s" on Settings)
>>
>> All my Windows XP installations regardless of whether they have IE6, IE7,
>> or IE8 installed have that Key in the Registry in the Current_User hive.
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Amnon

Amnon Wilensky

Re: macro for changing background color
Hi Donald,
I have checked into the matter deeply and found:
When I am clicking on "MyColorOn" for instance, it change the registry AND
check the box on the "Ignore colors specified on WebPages", but the color
does not change UNTIL I AM OPENING THE ACCESSIBILITY OPTION AND CLOSE IT
WITHOUT DOING NOTHING, then, and only then, the color changed.

Amon

> Hi Donald,
> I have checked into the matter deeply and found:
> When I am clicking on "MyColorOn" for instance, it change the registry AND
> check the box on the "Ignore colors specified on WebPages", but the color
> does not change UNTIL I AM OPENING THE ACCESSIBILITY OPTION AND CLOSE IT
> WITHOUT DOING NOTHING, then, and only then, the color changed.

Sorry Amon, I don't have anything else to offer other than what I've already
posted.
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/trai...ssibility.aspx

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Amon
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message
>>> Hi Donald,
>>>
>>> First, I find the right place.
>>> Second, when I merge the file, I have to answer to a notice from the
>>> registry editor, twice.
>>> And last, it changed the registry but didn't change the color!

>> Did you restart the Browser?
>>
>> <Recap>
>>
>> When you tick or untick the following item in Internet Options:
>>
>> Tools||Internet Options||General(tab)||Accessibility(button)||Form atting
>> "Ignore colors specified on webpages"
>>
>> There is only one change to the Registry that ticking and unticking that
>> item makes at the following key:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings
>> DWORD Name: "Always use my colors"
>>
>> Ticking "Ignore colors specified on webpages" changes the DWORD Value of
>> "Always use my colors" to: 1(for turned ON).
>>
>> Unticking "Ignore colors specified on webpages" changes the DWORD Value
>> of "Always use my colors" to: 0(zero for turned OFF).
>>
>> </Recap>
>>
>> If this is not working for you then I would suggest you use a Restore
>> Point to undo any changes you're made to the Registry, and continue to
>> use Internet Options to make the change as you were doing.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Amnon

Amnon Wilensky

Re: macro for changing background color
Thanks anyway,

> "Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message
>> Hi Donald,
>> I have checked into the matter deeply and found:
>> When I am clicking on "MyColorOn" for instance, it change the registry
>> AND check the box on the "Ignore colors specified on WebPages", but the
>> color does not change UNTIL I AM OPENING THE ACCESSIBILITY OPTION AND
>> CLOSE IT WITHOUT DOING NOTHING, then, and only then, the color changed.

> Sorry Amon, I don't have anything else to offer other than what I've
> already posted.
> http://www.microsoft.com/enable/trai...ssibility.aspx
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> Amon
>>
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message

>>> Did you restart the Browser?
>>>
>>> <Recap>
>>>
>>> When you tick or untick the following item in Internet Options:
>>>
>>> Tools||Internet Options||General(tab)||Accessibility(button)||Form atting
>>> "Ignore colors specified on webpages"
>>>
>>> There is only one change to the Registry that ticking and unticking that
>>> item makes at the following key:
>>>
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Settings
>>> DWORD Name: "Always use my colors"
>>>
>>> Ticking "Ignore colors specified on webpages" changes the DWORD Value of
>>> "Always use my colors" to: 1(for turned ON).
>>>
>>> Unticking "Ignore colors specified on webpages" changes the DWORD Value
>>> of "Always use my colors" to: 0(zero for turned OFF).
>>>
>>> </Recap>
>>>
>>> If this is not working for you then I would suggest you use a Restore
>>> Point to undo any changes you're made to the Registry, and continue to
>>> use Internet Options to make the change as you were doing.
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell

blackraider7 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: macro for changing background color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnon Wilensky View Post
Hi,
I am using light green as my background color but from time to time I have
to return to the default color. To do that (and vise versa) I have to enter
into Tools/Internet Options/accessibility/ and check, or uncheck, "Ignore
colors specified on webpage".

My question: is there an easy way to do it?

Using ver. 7.

Thanks,

Amnon
or you could just use RingOfTopaz, color the Web enter URL and choose background/font color combination