IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM

GaryMac

IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM

Folks-

I have just installed IE8. I run Vista HP/SP1. Now when I activate IE8, 3 of
my 5 HomePages come up blank with the following Webpage error details:

Message: 'Image' is undefined
Line: 5
Char: 986
Code: 0
URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033

Message: 'g_oTemplate.ShowWLHeader' is null or not an object
Line: 7
Char: 18459
Code: 0
URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033

:

When I refresh I do get the webpage but I shouldn't have to do that.

Any explanations or suggestions concerning this problem would be
appreciated.

-Gary

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Hi,
First...
Is Windows Live Login Helper installed?
See:
https://beta.microsoft.com/IE/feedba...dbackID=424634

Then...
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"GaryMac" <pamacs@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

> Folks-
>
> I have just installed IE8. I run Vista HP/SP1. Now when I activate IE8, 3

of
> my 5 HomePages come up blank with the following Webpage error details:
>
> Message: 'Image' is undefined
> Line: 5
> Char: 986
> Code: 0
> URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033
>

> Message: 'g_oTemplate.ShowWLHeader' is null or not an object
> Line: 7
> Char: 18459
> Code: 0
> URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033
>

> When I refresh I do get the webpage but I shouldn't have to do that.
>
> Any explanations or suggestions concerning this problem would be
> appreciated.
>
> -Gary

GaryMac

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Thanks Don...it does appear to be an add-on problem...will have to take the
time to pinpoint which one...just irritating because I did not have this
problem under IE7.

-Gary

Steve Hebert

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Once logged in to these sites, try re-adding them as new home pages.

Steve

"GaryMac" <pamacs@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

> Folks-
>
> I have just installed IE8. I run Vista HP/SP1. Now when I activate IE8, 3
> of my 5 HomePages come up blank with the following Webpage error details:
>
> Message: 'Image' is undefined
> Line: 5
> Char: 986
> Code: 0
> URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033
>

> Message: 'g_oTemplate.ShowWLHeader' is null or not an object
> Line: 7
> Char: 18459
> Code: 0
> URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033
>
> :
>

> When I refresh I do get the webpage but I shouldn't have to do that.
>
> Any explanations or suggestions concerning this problem would be
> appreciated.
>
> -Gary

GaryMac

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Steve...thanks for the suggestion...tried it, but problem persists.

-Gary
Justin Wilson

IE8 Image is undefined
I just ran across this issue today. I was only able to get it, consistently, when a server redirected back to the same page, or same URL with a different query string.

To get around it we used a little iframe hack to reset the reference on the broken page. You can read about it here.http://juztinwilzon.blogspot.com/200...undefined.html

Hope it helps.

GaryMac wrote:

IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
01-Apr-09

Folks-

I have just installed IE8. I run Vista HP/SP1. Now when I activate IE8, 3 of
my 5 HomePages come up blank with the following Webpage error details:

Message: 'Image' is undefined
Line: 5
Char: 986
Code: 0
URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033

Message: 'g_oTemplate.ShowWLHeader' is null or not an object
Line: 7
Char: 18459
Code: 0
URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033

When I refresh I do get the webpage but I shouldn't have to do that.

Any explanations or suggestions concerning this problem would be
appreciated.

-Gary

On Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:01 AM
GaryMac wrote:

IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Folks-

I have just installed IE8. I run Vista HP/SP1. Now when I activate IE8, 3 of
my 5 HomePages come up blank with the following Webpage error details:

Message: 'Image' is undefined
Line: 5
Char: 986
Code: 0
URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033

Message: 'g_oTemplate.ShowWLHeader' is null or not an object
Line: 7
Char: 18459
Code: 0
URI: http://login.live.com/pp650/WLLogin_...1760.0&lc=1033

When I refresh I do get the webpage but I shouldn't have to do that.

Any explanations or suggestions concerning this problem would be
appreciated.

-Gary

On Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:04 AM
Don Varnau wrote:

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Hi,
First...
Is Windows Live Login Helper installed?
See:
https://beta.microsoft.com/IE/feedba...dbackID=424634

Then...
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at:
Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer?s (No Add-ons) Mode:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"GaryMac" <pamacs@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
of

On Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:55 PM
GaryMac wrote:

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Thanks Don...it does appear to be an add-on problem...will have to take the
time to pinpoint which one...just irritating because I did not have this
problem under IE7.

-Gary

On Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:00 PM
Steve Hebert wrote:

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Once logged in to these sites, try re-adding them as new home pages.

Steve

"GaryMac" <pamacs@peoplepc.com> wrote in message

On Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:46 AM
GaryMac wrote:

Re: IE8 HOMEPAGE PROBLEM
Steve...thanks for the suggestion...tried it, but problem persists.

-Gary

On Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:35 AM
Jatin wrote:

same issue
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

WebSite Monitor Service with Email and Messenger
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...service-w.aspx
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 Image is undefined

<Justin Wilson> wrote in message news:2009101623354justinwilson1@gmail.com...
>I just ran across this issue today. I was only able to get it, consistently,
> when a server redirected back to the same page,
> or same URL with a different query string.
>
> To get around it we used a little iframe hack to reset the reference on the broken page.
> You can read about it here.

http://juztinwilzon.blogspot.com/200...undefined.html

> Hope it helps.

Would have been more helpful with a space after the period before your link... ; )

Thanks for posting. However, I think you might find a more interested audience
in the MSDN forum for IE web development. This NG is mainly for end users.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---