download IE 8

Dar

download IE 8
I have Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to download IE 8 but the right way so I
don't screw it up. What website do I go to? And do I save it to my desktop
and close browsers or can I just hit run from the website I am on? And do I
exit out of my Kaspersky Internet Security or leave it on? I see so many
people with problem after they download IE 8. I read a lot of them right on
here. Please help.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: download IE 8
Dar wrote:

> I have Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to download IE 8 but the right way
> so I don't screw it up. What website do I go to? And do I save it to my
> desktop and close browsers or can I just hit run from the website I am
> on? And do I exit out of my Kaspersky Internet Security or leave it on? I
> see so many people with problem after they download IE 8. I read a lot of
> them right on here. Please help.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-84185dccf887
Please read: "HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems".

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Dar

Re: download IE 8
Thank you for the information it will help a lot. One more thing though I was
reading other peoples questions and one of the answers were Java does not
work with vista and IE8 yet. Is that true? Something about Java has not
updated to work with vista and IE8. Thanks for all your help.

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> Dar wrote:
>
> > I have Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to download IE 8 but the right way
> > so I don't screw it up. What website do I go to? And do I save it to my
> > desktop and close browsers or can I just hit run from the website I am
> > on? And do I exit out of my Kaspersky Internet Security or leave it on? I
> > see so many people with problem after they download IE 8. I read a lot of
> > them right on here. Please help.

> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-84185dccf887
> Please read: "HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems".
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: download IE 8
Dar wrote:

> Thank you for the information it will help a lot. One more thing though I
> was reading other peoples questions and one of the answers were Java does
> not work with vista and IE8 yet. Is that true? Something about Java has
> not updated to work with vista and IE8. Thanks for all your help.

No.

I see a long thread in this newsgroup about Java:
From: <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: Java
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:53:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Dar wrote:
>>
>>> I have Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to download IE 8 but the right way
>>> so I don't screw it up. What website do I go to? And do I save it to my
>>> desktop and close browsers or can I just hit run from the website I am
>>> on? And do I exit out of my Kaspersky Internet Security or leave it on?
>>> I see so many people with problem after they download IE 8. I read a
>>> lot of them right on here. Please help.

>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-84185dccf887
>> Please read: "HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems".
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Dar

Re: download IE 8
No that was with windows XP, I had the problems. I have since bought a new
computer and it has windows vista premium SP 1. HP Pavilion Entertainment
Notebook PC. So that is why I was asking. I read from someone on here that
Java has not updated for vista. Here it is.

Subject: Re: JavaScript ActiveXObject does not work on IE8/Vista64
3/30/2009 7:20 AM PST

By: Donald Anadell In: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

"laguni" <laguni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers one with Vista32/IE8 and with Vista64/IE8.
> The computer with Vista64/IE8 has problems with JavaScript, it seems that
> calls to ActiveXObject not working.
> For example this page http://smhi.se shall show a weather map of Sweden in
> the left column, but it will tell you to install Adobe Flash Player.

There is no Adobe Flash Player that is compatable with the 64 bit version of
IE8(yet). Look for it in the next Major Version release of the Flash
Player.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

"Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No that was with windows XP, I had the problems. I have since bought a new
> computer and it has windows vista premium SP 1. HP Pavilion Entertainment
> Notebook PC. So that is why I was asking. I read from someone on here that
> Java has not updated for vista. Here it is.

You are quoting a post made by me that has nothing at all do do with Java.

My comments are in regard to the Flash Player not being compatable with a
64bit version of IE.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Subject: Re: JavaScript ActiveXObject does not work on IE8/Vista64
> 3/30/2009 7:20 AM PST
>
> By: Donald Anadell In: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>

> "laguni" <laguni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have two computers one with Vista32/IE8 and with Vista64/IE8.
>> The computer with Vista64/IE8 has problems with JavaScript, it seems that
>> calls to ActiveXObject not working.
>> For example this page http://smhi.se shall show a weather map of Sweden
>> in
>> the left column, but it will tell you to install Adobe Flash Player.

> There is no Adobe Flash Player that is compatable with the 64 bit version
> of
> IE8(yet). Look for it in the next Major Version release of the Flash
> Player.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Dar wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you for the information it will help a lot. One more thing though
>> > was reading other peoples questions and one of the answers were Java
>> > does
>> > not work with vista and IE8 yet. Is that true? Something about Java has
>> > not updated to work with vista and IE8. Thanks for all your help.

>> No.
>>
>> I see a long thread in this newsgroup about Java:
>> From: <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> Subject: Java
>> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:53:02 -0800
>> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Dar

Re: download IE 8
Please excuse me. I am not goot at this. I am sorry I said Java I meant Flash
Player. I have Windows Vista Premium SP 1 64bit. That is what I meant. That
is why I wanted to know if IE 8 will give me problems if I download it. Or
should I wait till flash is compatable? I am just a beginner who is trying
hard to learn. My generation was not brought up with computers. Thanks for
all of the help you all can give me.

> Please excuse me. I am not goot at this. I am sorry I said Java I meant
> Flash
> Player. I have Windows Vista Premium SP 1 64bit. That is what I meant.

The 64bit version of Windows Vista comes with both a 32bit version of IE7
and a 64bit version of IE7. The 32bit version of IE7 is set as the
Default(unless you change it to the 64bit version) and the 32bit version is
compatable with the Adobe Flash Player. If you use the 64bit version of IE7
on your machine you will not be able to view Flash content because Adobe has
not released a 64bit compatable version of the Flash Player for Windows yet.

> That
> is why I wanted to know if IE 8 will give me problems if I download it. Or
> should I wait till flash is compatable?

As long as you continue to use the 32bit version of IE on your Vista 64bit
operating system(IE7 or IE8) you should not have any problems with the Flash
Player. But if you try to use the 64bit version of IE7 or IE8 you will not
be able to view Flash content.

Using the following for a download source should upgrade both the 32bit and
64bit versions of IE7 on your machine to IE8 on your machine:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-bc37bd6ab70c

Or you can wait until IE8 is offered up from Windows Update.

Either way, the choice of whether or not to upgrade to IE8 is a matter of
choice for you to make.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> I am just a beginner who is trying
> hard to learn. My generation was not brought up with computers. Thanks for
> all of the help you all can give me.
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > No that was with windows XP, I had the problems. I have since bought a
>> > new
>> > computer and it has windows vista premium SP 1. HP Pavilion
>> > Entertainment
>> > Notebook PC. So that is why I was asking. I read from someone on here
>> > that
>> > Java has not updated for vista. Here it is.

>> You are quoting a post made by me that has nothing at all do do with
>> Java.
>>
>> My comments are in regard to the Flash Player not being compatable with a
>> 64bit version of IE.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > Subject: Re: JavaScript ActiveXObject does not work on IE8/Vista64
>> > 3/30/2009 7:20 AM PST
>> >
>> > By: Donald Anadell In: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
>> >

>> > "laguni" <laguni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > There is no Adobe Flash Player that is compatable with the 64 bit
>> > version
>> > of
>> > IE8(yet). Look for it in the next Major Version release of the Flash
>> > Player.
>> >
>> > Good luck,
>> >
>> > Donald Anadell

Dar

Re: download IE 8
Thank you so much. Now that I understood. I really have to go buy the book
Vista for dummies. I hope all this kind of information is in there. I do not
want to do something to the computer that will ruin it. I messed up the last
one I had and I don't want to do that to this one. I love this one. Thanks
again.