Instead of adding craps to IE8, why not

flashimashi

Instead of adding craps to IE8, why not
I wanna be able to use my tabs efficiently, I have three ways to open a new
tab, either by (1) click on the small thing to open a New Tab, (2) Ctrl+T, or
(3) by double-clicking the tab bar. But when it comes to closing half of the
tabs that I have opened, I have to click exactly on the "x" button on each
tab. The easiest way for me to close a window is to double-click on the
left-top corner. Why can't the "IE team" think about how people use windows
and make IE more reliable?? This is the version after IE5 and I still don't
see any major improvements!! In Firefox or Cometbird, you can close the tabs
just by double-clicking on them. Microsoft is falling behind because no one
in Microsoft can come up with new ideas. The best they can do is to copy
ideas from other companies (eg Apple).

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

VanguardLH

Re: Instead of adding craps to IE8, why not
flashimashi wrote:

> I wanna be able to use my tabs efficiently, I have three ways to open
> a new tab, either by (1) click on the small thing to open a New Tab,
> (2) Ctrl+T, or (3) by double-clicking the tab bar. But when it comes
> to closing half of the tabs that I have opened, I have to click
> exactly on the "x" button on each tab. The easiest way for me to
> close a window is to double-click on the left-top corner.

And how is a titlebar icon a bigger target than the "x" button in the
tab? It isn't.

Besides, there has been a easy way to close a tab. I've been using it
ever since IE7. Just click on it with the middle mouse button. The
only caveat is that you define the middle button to be a middle button,
not Enter, Esc, or some other function.

And then there is the Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut to close the current
tab. Or Ctrl+Alt+F4 to close all tabs other than the current one.

So you need more than the "x" tab button, middle click, Ctrl+W, and
Ctrl+Alt+F4 to close tabs? If you do, go whine to Microsoft. It's
just us users here.

> Why can't the "IE team" think about how people use windows and make IE
> more reliable??

Unlike cheapskate consumers that won't pay a dime for support,
corporations pay thousands for service contracts or buy support tickets
from Microsoft. And, of course, Microsoft never listens to those
paying customers, uh huh.

And they provide their Communities at their cost (which pretend to be
forums by usurping Usenet although now some are disconnected from
Usenet and really forums). But perhaps there aren't enough users of
Microsoft's webnews-for-dummies interface to go voting on "suggestions"
(which, like this one, are just whines) to elevate their priority for
consideration to get cultivated by Microsoft.

And they provide https://connect.microsoft.com/ as their own cost to
let users provide feedback for their products.

And, of course, they waste all those resources coding and developing a
product without any concern about the wants of their users for a
product that generates them no revenue. Maybe if Google were to dump
$50M to the "IE Team" like they did to Mozilla then we'd be seeing a
version of Chrome with IE overtones and you'd have a whole different
set of complaints.

> This is the version after IE5 and I still don't see any major
> improvements!!

Tis the problem of selective blindness.

> In Firefox or Cometbird, you can close the tabs just by
> double-clicking on them. Microsoft is falling behind because no one
> in Microsoft can come up with new ideas.

You want Microsoft to copy some other vendor's product behavior and
then you complain they should come up with something new. Make up your
mind.

You expect different vendors producing different products to make them
all look the same and yet somehow be innovative and new. Uh huh. Pick
the product that has the behavior you like. After all, it's not like
you actually have to pay for any of these free web browsers.

> The best they can do is to copy ideas from other companies (eg Apple).

Oh, the definition of "new" is to copy. If a program behaved exactly
the same as another one, there wouldn't be different programs, would
there? They'd all be the same program. Then you would be whining
about Microsoft pirating other vendors' software. Of course, everyone
should be expending their lives to provide you with free products that
kowtow to your every wish. Aren't freeloaders wonderful.

> ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and
> Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote
> for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane.
> If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion
> in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the
> message pane.

There, there. Feeling better now after venting?
Robert Aldwinckle

"flashimashi" <flashimashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39AA2EBB-5F0B-46B3-85A5-65B00A5DA944@microsoft.com...
>I wanna be able to use my tabs efficiently, I have three ways to open a new
> tab, either by (1) click on the small thing to open a New Tab, (2) Ctrl+T, or
> (3) by double-clicking the tab bar. But when it comes to closing half of the
> tabs that I have opened, I have to click exactly on the "x" button on each
> tab. The easiest way for me to close a window is to double-click on the
> left-top corner.

Easiest way for me is to press Ctrl-w.

?

> and I still don't see any major improvements!! In Firefox or Cometbird, you can close the tabs
> just by double-clicking on them. Microsoft is falling behind because no one
> in Microsoft can come up with new ideas. The best they can do is to copy
> ideas from other companies (eg Apple).

Saucy

> There, there. Feeling better now after venting?

I don't think he was the only one venting.

Saucy