Tabbed Browsing

joezep1

Tabbed Browsing
I want to be sure I am not missing anything with IE 7 with the tabbed
browsing portion. My favorite Browser has been Slim Browser, reason being
because no matter what site you click on or go to you get it in a new tab
automatically. You do not and I repeat do not have to hold any key down or do
anything extra...I would much rather us IE but I had thought someone told me
you cannot just click to open tab after tab without jumping through some
hoops of some sort. Am I missing anything? Or is there a way to just click to
open tab after tab ??? And if so can you tell me how? and if not can you tell
me if IE 8 will have this functionallity? I sure do hope so because IE works
better for the sites I need and I want to get to one browser but I have to
use 2 for now. Please let me know...Thank You.

JD
Donald Anadell

Re: Tabbed Browsing

"joezep1" <joezep1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I want to be sure I am not missing anything with IE 7 with the tabbed
> browsing portion. My favorite Browser has been Slim Browser, reason being
> because no matter what site you click on or go to you get it in a new tab
> automatically. You do not and I repeat do not have to hold any key down or
> do
> anything extra...I would much rather us IE but I had thought someone told
> me
> you cannot just click to open tab after tab without jumping through some
> hoops of some sort.

> Am I missing anything?

http://www.ie-vista.com/tabs.html

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Or is there a way to just click to
> open tab after tab ??? And if so can you tell me how? and if not can you
> tell
> me if IE 8 will have this functionallity? I sure do hope so because IE
> works
> better for the sites I need and I want to get to one browser but I have to
> use 2 for now. Please let me know...Thank You.
>
> JD

VanguardLH

Re: Tabbed Browsing
joezep1 wrote:

> My favorite Browser has been Slim Browser, reason being
> because no matter what site you click on or go to you get it in a new tab
> automatically. You do not and I repeat do not have to hold any key down or do
> anything extra...I would much rather us IE but I had thought someone told me
> you cannot just click to open tab after tab without jumping through some
> hoops of some sort. Am I missing anything? Or is there a way to just click to
> open tab after tab ??? And if so can you tell me how? and if not can you tell
> me if IE 8 will have this functionallity? I sure do hope so because IE works
> better for the sites I need and I want to get to one browser but I have to
> use 2 for now. Please let me know...Thank You.
>
> JD

Did you even go look at the configuration options for IE7/8? Check the
tab options. You can configure there the behavior that you want.

Opening new tabs has always been easy. Just click on the tang on the
right-end of the tab bar to open a new tab. But then opening "tab after
tab" would give you a bunch of open but empty tabs. So there was
something ELSE you wanted to do. My guess is that you want to click on
a URL in a web page and have the new page open in a new tab. Yep, check
the tab options to do that.
Steve Hebert

Re: Tabbed Browsing
Assuming that you haven't reasigned it, if you have a 3 button (scroll
wheels usually work as a button when clicked) mouse, just use a middle
button click on a hyperlink to directly open it in a new tab.

Steve