GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?

Vlasta

GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?
Hi all,

IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo does not seem to work properly when IE8 is
installed. It gets called, but the css styles are ignored by the browser. I
have posted similar question before, when I first observed the behavior in
Windows 7, but now it is also happening on Vista with IE8 installed.

Can someone confirm that this is a bug or are there any additonal
requirements for IE8 to accept thecascading stylesheet sent via this method?
A working example will be great.

Thanks,
Vlasta
Nomad8668

RE: GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?
I'm running IE8 on an XP SP3 (Home Edition) platform, and style sheets are
working with no problems.
Have you tried the same thing with IE7? "IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo"
looks like a C or C++ function call, so if it doesn't work with either
version then maybe there has been a change of some kind with the type libs,
etc. beginning with Vista.
Hope this helps.
"Vlasta" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo does not seem to work properly when IE8 is
> installed. It gets called, but the css styles are ignored by the browser. I
> have posted similar question before, when I first observed the behavior in
> Windows 7, but now it is also happening on Vista with IE8 installed.
>
> Can someone confirm that this is a bug or are there any additonal
> requirements for IE8 to accept thecascading stylesheet sent via this method?
> A working example will be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Vlasta

Vlasta

RE: GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried it with earlier versions - IE7, IE6
and (I believe it was) IE5.5. All were working fine...

"Nomad8668" wrote:

> I'm running IE8 on an XP SP3 (Home Edition) platform, and style sheets are
> working with no problems.
> Have you tried the same thing with IE7? "IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo"
> looks like a C or C++ function call, so if it doesn't work with either
> version then maybe there has been a change of some kind with the type libs,
> etc. beginning with Vista.
> Hope this helps.
> "Vlasta" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo does not seem to work properly when IE8 is
> > installed. It gets called, but the css styles are ignored by the browser. I
> > have posted similar question before, when I first observed the behavior in
> > Windows 7, but now it is also happening on Vista with IE8 installed.
> >
> > Can someone confirm that this is a bug or are there any additonal
> > requirements for IE8 to accept thecascading stylesheet sent via this method?
> > A working example will be great.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vlasta

Nomad8668

RE: GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?
You didn't mention whether or not your working with a "global" style sheet
here. If you are, check this out:

This article not only acknowledges the problem, it has a has a hotfix that
you can download.

"Vlasta" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried it with earlier versions - IE7, IE6
> and (I believe it was) IE5.5. All were working fine...
>

> "Nomad8668" wrote:
>
> > I'm running IE8 on an XP SP3 (Home Edition) platform, and style sheets are
> > working with no problems.
> > Have you tried the same thing with IE7? "IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo"
> > looks like a C or C++ function call, so if it doesn't work with either
> > version then maybe there has been a change of some kind with the type libs,
> > etc. beginning with Vista.
> > Hope this helps.
> > "Vlasta" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo does not seem to work properly when IE8 is
> > > installed. It gets called, but the css styles are ignored by the browser. I
> > > have posted similar question before, when I first observed the behavior in
> > > Windows 7, but now it is also happening on Vista with IE8 installed.
> > >
> > > Can someone confirm that this is a bug or are there any additonal
> > > requirements for IE8 to accept thecascading stylesheet sent via this method?
> > > A working example will be great.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Vlasta

Nomad8668

RE: GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?
Oops--Ignore that last post, that's for IE6! Don't have anything else right
now. If I find anything I'll post. Good luck.

"Vlasta" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried it with earlier versions - IE7, IE6
> and (I believe it was) IE5.5. All were working fine...
>

> "Nomad8668" wrote:
>
> > I'm running IE8 on an XP SP3 (Home Edition) platform, and style sheets are
> > working with no problems.
> > Have you tried the same thing with IE7? "IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo"
> > looks like a C or C++ function call, so if it doesn't work with either
> > version then maybe there has been a change of some kind with the type libs,
> > etc. beginning with Vista.
> > Hope this helps.
> > "Vlasta" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > IDocHostUIHandler::GetHostInfo does not seem to work properly when IE8 is
> > > installed. It gets called, but the css styles are ignored by the browser. I
> > > have posted similar question before, when I first observed the behavior in
> > > Windows 7, but now it is also happening on Vista with IE8 installed.
> > >
> > > Can someone confirm that this is a bug or are there any additonal
> > > requirements for IE8 to accept thecascading stylesheet sent via this method?
> > > A working example will be great.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Vlasta

Vlasta

RE: GetHostInfo buggy in IE8 ?
Yes, it is a style sheet accessed by the IE control via the GetHostInfo
method. Though, I do not believe it is the same issue as described in that
KB. I am not changing the style sheet in runtime, I always generate the same
one (depending on OS colors and fonts). And since the KB is from 2007, it is
likely to affect earlier IEs.