Problem with open source option since i tries IE8

aviramof

Problem with open source option since i tries IE8
not long ago i have tried IE8 didn't liked it and went back to IE6 but i have
also noticed a strange problem in the software miranda that if i right click
an icon in
the chat windows and then open source it open miranda folder instead of a
text
file any way i have ignored this thinking it had something to do with
miranda updated version and plugins but now i'v tried the same option in IE6
and hole and behold instead of a text file it open the desktop directory now
i'm sure it has nothing to with miranda because the software is close and the
updated files and addons(extracted from a zip file not installer)are not to
blame so it most likely another one of IE8 bugs so how can i fix it now and
thanks in advance.
Donald Anadell

Re: Problem with open source option since i tries IE8

"aviramof" <aviramof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> not long ago i have tried IE8 didn't liked it and went back to IE6 but i
> have
> also noticed a strange problem in the software miranda that if i right
> click
> an icon in
> the chat windows and then open source it open miranda folder instead of a
> text
> file any way i have ignored this thinking it had something to do with
> miranda updated version and plugins but now i'v tried the same option in
> IE6
> and hole and behold instead of a text file it open the desktop directory
> now
> i'm sure it has nothing to with miranda because the software is close and
> the
> updated files and addons(extracted from a zip file not installer)are not
> blame so it most likely another one of IE8 bugs so how can i fix it now
> and
> thanks in advance.

Have you looked for a resolution to your problems with Miranda software in
the Miranda Forum?
http://forums.miranda-im.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

aviramof

Re: Problem with open source option since i tries IE8
like i said it had nothing to do with miranda because first the software is
cloesed and second some dll plguin file who are stored in miranda folder in
progrem files and some file that were extracted from a zip file that updated
mirand 0.8.0 build #27 to #28 could have done something like only IE8 could
have caused it and miranda is probobly using the part of the browser in the
icons files.

> like i said it had nothing to do with miranda because first the software
> is
> cloesed and second some dll plguin file who are stored in miranda folder
> in
> progrem files and some file that were extracted from a zip file that
> updated
> mirand 0.8.0 build #27 to #28 could have done something like

> only IE8 could
> have caused it and miranda is probobly using the part of the browser in
> the
> icons files.

I don't see any connection between Miranda and any version of the IE
Browser. The System requirements makes no mention of any Browser
requirements to run their software:
http://wiki.miranda-im.org/System_requirements

IMHO you would be better served asking your question in their Forum.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "aviramof" <aviramof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > not long ago i have tried IE8 didn't liked it and went back to IE6 but
>> > have
>> > also noticed a strange problem in the software miranda that if i right
>> > click
>> > an icon in
>> > the chat windows and then open source it open miranda folder instead of
>> > text
>> > file any way i have ignored this thinking it had something to do with
>> > miranda updated version and plugins but now i'v tried the same option
>> > in
>> > IE6
>> > and hole and behold instead of a text file it open the desktop
>> > directory
>> > now
>> > i'm sure it has nothing to with miranda because the software is close
>> > and
>> > the
>> > updated files and addons(extracted from a zip file not installer)are
>> > not
>> > blame so it most likely another one of IE8 bugs so how can i fix it now
>> > and
>> > thanks in advance.

>> Have you looked for a resolution to your problems with Miranda software
>> in
>> the Miranda Forum?
>> http://forums.miranda-im.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

aviramof

Re: Problem with open source option since i tries IE8
found the source of the problem the source was the software notepad++ thanks
a lot for all your help.

> found the source of the problem the source was the software notepad++
> thanks
> a lot for all your help.

You're welcome aviramof, thanks for the feedback.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell