Unable to Load a Certain Page When "WWW" is in the Address Bar

Mr Ranger

Unable to Load a Certain Page When "WWW" is in the Address Bar
I am using Vista SP1 and IE7.

On my website, whenever a "www" is put in the address bar I can not get a
certain page to load (http://www.mrpitbull.com/pit%20bull.html) the page
loads fine when "WWW" is not in the address bar. I do not have the problem
with any other page. When the page launchs the browser is completly blank
and says "Done" on the footer. The page opens fine when I use "Firefox"
and "Chrome". My webmaster is not having the problem on his machine using
IE7. I want to resolve the issue in case others going to my site are
having the same problem. I have cleared my Cache a half dozen times.
Thanks
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Unable to Load a Certain Page When "WWW" is in the Address Bar

"Mr Ranger" <noway@jose.com> wrote in message news:Xns9BDF739036A4Cnowayjosecom@216.196.97.131.. .
>I am using Vista SP1 and IE7.
>
> On my website, whenever a "www" is put in the address bar I can not get a
> certain page to load (http://www.mrpitbull.com/pit%20bull.html) the page
> loads fine when "WWW" is not in the address bar. I do not have the problem
> with any other page.

> When the page launchs the browser is completly blank
> and says "Done" on the footer.

Perhaps you need to allow errors to show?
FWIW here is what I get when I open the above URL.

<paste>
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; MS-RTC LM 8)
Timestamp: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:31:31 UTC

Message: Permission denied
Line: 50
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://mrpitbull.jalbum.net/MrPitBull.com/

</paste>

Otherwise I would just see Done with a warning icon in the Status bar
which I could doubleclick on to see the same error message.

BTW I can open the other URL with no problems
so my guess would be that it doesn't like to be associated
with your site.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> The page opens fine when I use "Firefox"
> and "Chrome". My webmaster is not having the problem on his machine using
> IE7. I want to resolve the issue in case others going to my site are
> having the same problem. I have cleared my Cache a half dozen times.
> Thanks

Mr Ranger

Re: Unable to Load a Certain Page When "WWW" is in the Address Bar
"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in

> "Mr Ranger" <noway@jose.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9BDF739036A4Cnowayjosecom@216.196.97.131.. .
>>I am using Vista SP1 and IE7.
>>
>> On my website, whenever a "www" is put in the address bar I can not
>> get a certain page to load (http://www.mrpitbull.com/pit%20bull.html)
>> the page loads fine when "WWW" is not in the address bar. I do not

Thanks Robert. Box was already checked. Additionally, I restored all
"advance" settings to default, and still does not work.

>> have the problem with any other page.

>> When the page launchs the browser is completly blank
>> and says "Done" on the footer.

> Perhaps you need to allow errors to show?
> FWIW here is what I get when I open the above URL.
>
> <paste>
> Webpage error details
>
> User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1;
> Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; MS-RTC LM 8) Timestamp: Tue, 31 Mar
> 2009 17:31:31 UTC
>

> Message: Permission denied
> Line: 50
> Char: 1
> Code: 0
> URI: http://mrpitbull.jalbum.net/MrPitBull.com/
>
> </paste>
>
> Otherwise I would just see Done with a warning icon in the Status bar
> which I could doubleclick on to see the same error message.
>
> BTW I can open the other URL with no problems
> so my guess would be that it doesn't like to be associated
> with your site.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>

>> The page opens fine when I use "Firefox"
>> and "Chrome". My webmaster is not having the problem on his machine
>> using IE7. I want to resolve the issue in case others going to my
>> site are having the same problem. I have cleared my Cache a half
>> dozen times. Thanks

Mr Ranger

Re: Unable to Load a Certain Page When "WWW" is in the Address Bar
I opened IE7 by right clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator" and the
page will load fine. I double checked and I am the Adminstrator on my
puter. Obviously, should not be necessary for someone to view the page.
Any Ideas?