Offline webpages are unavailble for reading!

Alexander.

Offline webpages are unavailble for reading!
Hello!

I find the internet explorer 7 to be defecit in this function. I had always
read my pages offline when I boot my computer desktop webpage would display
its contents without connecting to the web. It was almost three months this
function was effeciently performing until last saturday, I deciced to clean
my "C" drive using via the > properties > Disc clean up. The moment this
utility was used none of my offline pages begin to diplay the page after
shutting down and booting. It always indicate a blank page stating your web
page si unavailable offline.

I tried several counter measures to rectify the same but all turned in vain,
like deleting the webpage from the the concerned folder and re-instituting
the same back to its folder. Ensuring the the check on the webpage when
offline, etc,etc.... Searched several micrsoft websites, conducted all
instructions as directed, but none could bring the offline webpage avallable
for reading when internet is disconnected.

I am currently using windws XP service pack 3. Operating system is XP
professional. It is demt, there is some file that is erased when disk
cleaning is conducted, else, there appears a conflict or so with the add ons
in the explorer.

I am exhausted searching for a solution by googling and found none yet. Any
help regarding this would be appreciated.

Regards,
alza68.

Leonard Grey

Re: Offline webpages are unavailble for reading!
Did you read the Release Notes before you installed IE 7?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx

Excerpt:
"Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed
from Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which
provide scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this
content."
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Alexander. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I find the internet explorer 7 to be defecit in this function. I had always
> read my pages offline when I boot my computer desktop webpage would display
> its contents without connecting to the web. It was almost three months this
> function was effeciently performing until last saturday, I deciced to clean
> my "C" drive using via the > properties > Disc clean up. The moment this
> utility was used none of my offline pages begin to diplay the page after
> shutting down and booting. It always indicate a blank page stating your web
> page si unavailable offline.
>
> I tried several counter measures to rectify the same but all turned in vain,
> like deleting the webpage from the the concerned folder and re-instituting
> the same back to its folder. Ensuring the the check on the webpage when
> offline, etc,etc.... Searched several micrsoft websites, conducted all
> instructions as directed, but none could bring the offline webpage avallable
> for reading when internet is disconnected.
>
> I am currently using windws XP service pack 3. Operating system is XP
> professional. It is demt, there is some file that is erased when disk
> cleaning is conducted, else, there appears a conflict or so with the add ons
> in the explorer.
>
> I am exhausted searching for a solution by googling and found none yet. Any
> help regarding this would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> alza68.

Alexander.

Re: Offline webpages are unavailble for reading!
Forgive me for quoting this function was operating for three months
efficiently, till I decided to purge my C drive with disk cleanup utility
provided in the software, this utility damaged my offline reading privilege.
How can I re-instate this function by RSS feeds? I did have this function
enabled on my desk top for viewing.
Regards,
alza68.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Did you read the Release Notes before you installed IE 7?
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>
> Excerpt:
> "Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed
> from Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which
> provide scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this
> content."
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Alexander. wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I find the internet explorer 7 to be defecit in this function. I had always
> > read my pages offline when I boot my computer desktop webpage would display
> > its contents without connecting to the web. It was almost three months this
> > function was effeciently performing until last saturday, I deciced to clean
> > my "C" drive using via the > properties > Disc clean up. The moment this
> > utility was used none of my offline pages begin to diplay the page after
> > shutting down and booting. It always indicate a blank page stating your web
> > page si unavailable offline.
> >
> > I tried several counter measures to rectify the same but all turned in vain,
> > like deleting the webpage from the the concerned folder and re-instituting
> > the same back to its folder. Ensuring the the check on the webpage when
> > offline, etc,etc.... Searched several micrsoft websites, conducted all
> > instructions as directed, but none could bring the offline webpage avallable
> > for reading when internet is disconnected.
> >
> > I am currently using windws XP service pack 3. Operating system is XP
> > professional. It is demt, there is some file that is erased when disk
> > cleaning is conducted, else, there appears a conflict or so with the add ons
> > in the explorer.
> >
> > I am exhausted searching for a solution by googling and found none yet. Any
> > help regarding this would be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > alza68.

Leonard Grey

Re: Offline webpages are unavailble for reading!
If you can't find any information about RSS in IE 7's Help menu, or on
Microsoft's website, try opening Google and using this as your search term:

how to use RSS in Internet Explorer 7
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Alexander. wrote:
> Forgive me for quoting this function was operating for three months
> efficiently, till I decided to purge my C drive with disk cleanup utility
> provided in the software, this utility damaged my offline reading privilege.
> How can I re-instate this function by RSS feeds? I did have this function
> enabled on my desk top for viewing.
> Regards,
> alza68.
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Did you read the Release Notes before you installed IE 7?
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>>
>> Excerpt:
>> "Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed
>> from Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which
>> provide scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this
>> content."
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Alexander. wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I find the internet explorer 7 to be defecit in this function. I had always
>>> read my pages offline when I boot my computer desktop webpage would display
>>> its contents without connecting to the web. It was almost three months this
>>> function was effeciently performing until last saturday, I deciced to clean
>>> my "C" drive using via the > properties > Disc clean up. The moment this
>>> utility was used none of my offline pages begin to diplay the page after
>>> shutting down and booting. It always indicate a blank page stating your web
>>> page si unavailable offline.
>>>
>>> I tried several counter measures to rectify the same but all turned in vain,
>>> like deleting the webpage from the the concerned folder and re-instituting
>>> the same back to its folder. Ensuring the the check on the webpage when
>>> offline, etc,etc.... Searched several micrsoft websites, conducted all
>>> instructions as directed, but none could bring the offline webpage avallable
>>> for reading when internet is disconnected.
>>>
>>> I am currently using windws XP service pack 3. Operating system is XP
>>> professional. It is demt, there is some file that is erased when disk
>>> cleaning is conducted, else, there appears a conflict or so with the add ons
>>> in the explorer.
>>>
>>> I am exhausted searching for a solution by googling and found none yet. Any
>>> help regarding this would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> alza68.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%23vE2WmgsJHA.4324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> Alexander. wrote:

>> I am currently using windws XP service pack 3.
>> Operating system is XP professional.

> Did you read the Release Notes before you installed IE 7?
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx
>
> Excerpt:
> "Offline Favorites and Scheduled Offline Favorites have been removed
> from Internet Explorer 7. Internet Explorer supports RSS feeds, which
> provide scheduled updates to web content and offline reading of this
> content."

In fact, in XP all that functionality still exists in WE.
Just open %windir%\Offline Web Pages
Open the Favorites on it (e.g. press Ctrl-i)
and do all the things you are used to doing with
offline web pages but only using commands
from that window's menus.

FYI

Robert
---

Leonard Grey

Re: Offline webpages are unavailble for reading!
Very cool!
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est