IE8 and History Deleting

Wayno

IE8 and History Deleting
Hi All

I seem to be haing a common problem but I am yet to find a solution. Running
Vista Ultimate and IE 8.

I have set IE to Delete All TIF on exit. That feature works great,
everything in my TIF folder is deleted. However not everything gets deleted
out of the address bar. And it seems to be random. I have sites in the
address bar that I visited 3 days ago, then one or two from today. But
nothing in between. I uninstalled IE8 and IE7 is clean of all history.
Reinstall IE8 and the history is back. Also ran CCleaner and it finds files
and history, but still doesn't delete the files.

Can Anyone help? I need to find a solution for an internet cafe
rob^_^

Re: IE8 and History Deleting
Hi Wayno,

Yes... I can reproduce this.

The Compatibility View list is stored in binary format in this key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData

It will only delete items from the Compatibility list that are in your
History.... Easily reproducable.

Give me some time to write up a test plan and I will raise a ticket on
connect and will post back here with a link you can track.

Change requests have closed for IE8 RTM, so it probably won't be fixed for
some time.

Regards.

"Wayno" <Wayno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I seem to be haing a common problem but I am yet to find a solution.
> Running
> Vista Ultimate and IE 8.
>
> I have set IE to Delete All TIF on exit. That feature works great,
> everything in my TIF folder is deleted. However not everything gets
> deleted
> out of the address bar. And it seems to be random. I have sites in the
> address bar that I visited 3 days ago, then one or two from today. But
> nothing in between. I uninstalled IE8 and IE7 is clean of all history.
> Reinstall IE8 and the history is back. Also ran CCleaner and it finds
> files
> and history, but still doesn't delete the files.
>

> Can Anyone help? I need to find a solution for an internet cafe

Wayno

Re: IE8 and History Deleting
Thanks Rob

I have no sites in my Compatibilty List. And it does delete it all from my
history. Just not the address bar.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Wayno,
>
> Yes... I can reproduce this.
>
> The Compatibility View list is stored in binary format in this key
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData
>
> It will only delete items from the Compatibility list that are in your
> History.... Easily reproducable.
>
> Give me some time to write up a test plan and I will raise a ticket on
> connect and will post back here with a link you can track.
>
> Change requests have closed for IE8 RTM, so it probably won't be fixed for
> some time.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Wayno" <Wayno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > I seem to be haing a common problem but I am yet to find a solution.
> > Running
> > Vista Ultimate and IE 8.
> >
> > I have set IE to Delete All TIF on exit. That feature works great,
> > everything in my TIF folder is deleted. However not everything gets
> > deleted
> > out of the address bar. And it seems to be random. I have sites in the
> > address bar that I visited 3 days ago, then one or two from today. But
> > nothing in between. I uninstalled IE8 and IE7 is clean of all history.
> > Reinstall IE8 and the history is back. Also ran CCleaner and it finds
> > files
> > and history, but still doesn't delete the files.
> >

> > Can Anyone help? I need to find a solution for an internet cafe

Donald Anadell

Re: IE8 and History Deleting

"Wayno" <Wayno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I seem to be haing a common problem but I am yet to find a solution.
> Running
> Vista Ultimate and IE 8.
>
> I have set IE to Delete All TIF on exit. That feature works great,
> everything in my TIF folder is deleted. However not everything gets
> deleted
> out of the address bar. And it seems to be random. I have sites in the
> address bar that I visited 3 days ago, then one or two from today. But
> nothing in between. I uninstalled IE8 and IE7 is clean of all history.
> Reinstall IE8 and the history is back. Also ran CCleaner and it finds
> files
> and history, but still doesn't delete the files.
>

> Can Anyone help? I need to find a solution for an internet cafe

What version of CCleaner are you using?

Version 2.18.878 is supposedly compatible with IE8, I can't reproduce your
problem here with that version.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Wayno

Re: IE8 and History Deleting
I downloaded the latest version yesterday to see if that would fix the problem.

However it didn't

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Wayno" <Wayno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > I seem to be haing a common problem but I am yet to find a solution.
> > Running
> > Vista Ultimate and IE 8.
> >
> > I have set IE to Delete All TIF on exit. That feature works great,
> > everything in my TIF folder is deleted. However not everything gets
> > deleted
> > out of the address bar. And it seems to be random. I have sites in the
> > address bar that I visited 3 days ago, then one or two from today. But
> > nothing in between. I uninstalled IE8 and IE7 is clean of all history.
> > Reinstall IE8 and the history is back. Also ran CCleaner and it finds
> > files
> > and history, but still doesn't delete the files.
> >

> > Can Anyone help? I need to find a solution for an internet cafe

> What version of CCleaner are you using?
>
> Version 2.18.878 is supposedly compatible with IE8, I can't reproduce your
> problem here with that version.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Wayno

Re: IE8 and History Deleting
Any further news on this issue?

The history in the windows bar has changed now, different sites but still
there.