IE 7 window size...

Mike

IE 7 window size...
I have a computer running XP pro, that has 2 user accounts on it.
When opening IE from the start menu, it will open in a full size
window, but any of the shortcuts on the desktop open differently.
Under one user, they will open in the upper right corner & fill about
a quarter of the screen.
Under the other user, they will open flush left, about half way down
the monitor, but be closed down nearly as far as the window can be.
I have googled this & tried several 'fixes' - changing registry
settings, holding control key while dragging to full size & then
exiting IE, went to how html files open & deleted the %1 at the end of
the line of text & NONE OF THEM WORK!!!
Anybody got any fixes that actually fix it?
Thanks-

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE 7 window size...
After you stretched the window to full screen, was it the /last/ window you
closed? Windows won't remember if it wasn't.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Mike" <texan767@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a computer running XP pro, that has 2 user accounts on it.
> When opening IE from the start menu, it will open in a full size
> window, but any of the shortcuts on the desktop open differently.
> Under one user, they will open in the upper right corner & fill about
> a quarter of the screen.
> Under the other user, they will open flush left, about half way down
> the monitor, but be closed down nearly as far as the window can be.
> I have googled this & tried several 'fixes' - changing registry
> settings, holding control key while dragging to full size & then
> exiting IE, went to how html files open & deleted the %1 at the end of
> the line of text & NONE OF THEM WORK!!!
> Anybody got any fixes that actually fix it?
> Thanks-

Mike

Re: IE 7 window size...
Yes...

On Mar 30, 8:22*pm, "Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote:
> After you stretched the window to full screen, was it the /last/ window you
> closed? Windows won't remember if it wasn't.
> --
>
> * * * * * * * Bruce Hagen
> * * MS-MVP Outlook Express
> * * * * * Imperial Beach, CA
>
> "Mike" <texan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have a computer running XP pro, that has 2 user accounts on it.
> > When opening IE from the start menu, it will open in a full size
> > window, but any of the shortcuts on the desktop open differently.
> > Under one user, they will open in the upper right corner & fill about
> > a quarter of the screen.
> > Under the other user, they will open flush left, about half way down
> > the monitor, but be closed down nearly as far as the window can be.
> > I have googled this & tried several 'fixes' - changing registry
> > settings, holding control key while dragging to full size & then
> > exiting IE, went to how html files open & deleted the %1 at the end of
> > the line of text & NONE OF THEM WORK!!!
> > Anybody got any fixes that actually fix it?
> > Thanks-

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE 7 window size...
That includes nothing minimized to the taskbar as well.

IE New Window Maximizer 2.4.0.1
http://www.majorgeeks.com/IE_New_Win...zer_d1746.html
--

Yes...

On Mar 30, 8:22 pm, "Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote:
> After you stretched the window to full screen, was it the /last/ window
> you
> closed? Windows won't remember if it wasn't.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
> "Mike" <texan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have a computer running XP pro, that has 2 user accounts on it.
> > When opening IE from the start menu, it will open in a full size
> > window, but any of the shortcuts on the desktop open differently.
> > Under one user, they will open in the upper right corner & fill about
> > a quarter of the screen.
> > Under the other user, they will open flush left, about half way down
> > the monitor, but be closed down nearly as far as the window can be.
> > I have googled this & tried several 'fixes' - changing registry
> > settings, holding control key while dragging to full size & then
> > exiting IE, went to how html files open & deleted the %1 at the end of
> > the line of text & NONE OF THEM WORK!!!
> > Anybody got any fixes that actually fix it?
> > Thanks-

ju.c

Re: IE 7 window size...
Reset Internet Explorer's Default Window Size

1. Close Internet Explorer.

2. Open the Run box and enter:
reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main /v Window_Placement
(no word-wrap! only one line!)

3. Start IE. With only one Internet Explorer window or
tab open, un-maximize it.

2. Set it to the position and size that you want new
windows to open to.

3. Close Internet Explorer.

4. Wait a few seconds, then restart IE. Maximize it and
now all new windows will open to the previously set
size and position. To keep it that way, only close
IE when maximized. Sometimes, the windows size and
location may change again, just repeat the steps.

ju.c

"Mike" <texan767@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6ed5f7cd-44a3-4058-94df-2c7a40b9f8d7@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> I have a computer running XP pro, that has 2 user accounts on it.
> When opening IE from the start menu, it will open in a full size
> window, but any of the shortcuts on the desktop open differently.
> Under one user, they will open in the upper right corner & fill about
> a quarter of the screen.
> Under the other user, they will open flush left, about half way down
> the monitor, but be closed down nearly as far as the window can be.
> I have googled this & tried several 'fixes' - changing registry
> settings, holding control key while dragging to full size & then
> exiting IE, went to how html files open & deleted the %1 at the end of
> the line of text & NONE OF THEM WORK!!!
> Anybody got any fixes that actually fix it?
> Thanks-

Re: IE 7 window size...
1. Close all IE windows.

2. Open such a shortcut.

3. "Grab" the corners with your cursor and "stretch" the window to the size
you want (e.g., full-screen) but do NOT maximize it!

4. Close the resized window.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/