IE8 ROCKS

Russell Munson

IE8 ROCKS
It took me a while but I finally got around to installing IE8.
And it works great!
After reading all the doom and gloom comments here, It took me all this time
since the RTW notice came out, for IE8.

EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.

My Norton Antivirus works great...no conflicts.
My Vista works fine, my browser works great....

There is one small issue that I think only applies to HP computers though.
HP has a bitchen little feature, a printing feature, called HP SMART WEB
PRINTING.
It allows you to clip a webpage and select any part of it to print, as
opposed to printing the entire webpage.
Man I love that feature and I was a bit worried that I would lose the Icon,
and have to track it down in my addons,

As it goes, HP doesnt have a driver for this feature, compatible with IE8.
Yet!

So, Ive got to print out the entire page, like the rest of you I guess.

But I want to reitterate.....IE8 WORKS GREAT, NO CONFLICTS, NO PROBLEMS, NO
CRASHES, NO WEBPAGES THAT WONT WORK, NO ISSUES WITH PHISHING SEARCHES..(its
got a different name now), AND I LOVE IT.

all you vista users with ie7, go ahead and download ie8. its got a great
interface, just different enough to please us (computer) tweakers, and its
fun and safe and secure.

Now, HP, listen up! GET GOING, AND GET US A DRIVER UPDATE FOR SMART SELECT.

tHATS iT aND tHATS aLL.

Thanks
Russell
rob^_^

Re: IE8 ROCKS
Hi Russell,

You can use the Snippet tool that comes with Vista to take a sizable
snapshot of your web pages.

I am just giving the Smart web printing addon a go, but on the download page
there is this covenant.
HP Smart Web Printing software is compatible only with versions 6.0, 6.0
SP1, 6.0 SP2, and 7.0 (32-bit version only) of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
During the software installation, the software will check if the operating
system is supported and that Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher is installed.

Lets see how it goes.... Vista x86 SP1.

Regards.

"Russell Munson" <RussellMunson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It took me a while but I finally got around to installing IE8.
> And it works great!
> After reading all the doom and gloom comments here, It took me all this
> time
> since the RTW notice came out, for IE8.
>
> EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.
>
> My Norton Antivirus works great...no conflicts.
> My Vista works fine, my browser works great....
>
> There is one small issue that I think only applies to HP computers though.
> HP has a bitchen little feature, a printing feature, called HP SMART WEB
> PRINTING.
> It allows you to clip a webpage and select any part of it to print, as
> opposed to printing the entire webpage.
> Man I love that feature and I was a bit worried that I would lose the
> Icon,
> and have to track it down in my addons,
>
> As it goes, HP doesnt have a driver for this feature, compatible with IE8.
> Yet!
>
> So, Ive got to print out the entire page, like the rest of you I guess.
>
> But I want to reitterate.....IE8 WORKS GREAT, NO CONFLICTS, NO PROBLEMS,
> NO
> CRASHES, NO WEBPAGES THAT WONT WORK, NO ISSUES WITH PHISHING
> SEARCHES..(its
> got a different name now), AND I LOVE IT.
>
> all you vista users with ie7, go ahead and download ie8. its got a great
> interface, just different enough to please us (computer) tweakers, and its
> fun and safe and secure.
>
> Now, HP, listen up! GET GOING, AND GET US A DRIVER UPDATE FOR SMART
> SELECT.
>
> tHATS iT aND tHATS aLL.
>
> Thanks
> Russell

Russell Munson

Re: IE8 ROCKS
Hi Rob.
I am not familiar with the snippet tool.
I do have the normal, regular keyboard "Prt Scr", (snapshot) key on my
keyboard, but in doing a search on my computer I find no application called
"Snippit".

Is this a web based application? I know Ive heard of it, but I dont know
what it is or how to access it.

Yes, in regards to the HP Smart Web printing application....
with IE8, the icon is still there, but when I click on it, it brings up a
window advising me that "HP Smart Web Printer needs an upgrade to function.
Would you like this upgrade"?
I click yes...it takes me to an HP page that informs me "there is no driver,
or upgrade for the HP websmart printer, for IE8, at this time. We will inform
you when...." blah blah.

lol

Maybe they are working on it. I sent off a quick email to HP Support and
asked them to get on it, and make it work! ahahhaha

Anyway, I will google Snippet and see what I can find.

Thanks Rob.

Russell Munson

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Russell,
>
> You can use the Snippet tool that comes with Vista to take a sizable
> snapshot of your web pages.
>
> I am just giving the Smart web printing addon a go, but on the download page
> there is this covenant.
> HP Smart Web Printing software is compatible only with versions 6.0, 6.0
> SP1, 6.0 SP2, and 7.0 (32-bit version only) of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
> During the software installation, the software will check if the operating
> system is supported and that Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher is installed.
>
> Lets see how it goes.... Vista x86 SP1.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Russell Munson" <RussellMunson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It took me a while but I finally got around to installing IE8.
> > And it works great!
> > After reading all the doom and gloom comments here, It took me all this
> > time
> > since the RTW notice came out, for IE8.
> >
> > EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.
> >
> > My Norton Antivirus works great...no conflicts.
> > My Vista works fine, my browser works great....
> >
> > There is one small issue that I think only applies to HP computers though.
> > HP has a bitchen little feature, a printing feature, called HP SMART WEB
> > PRINTING.
> > It allows you to clip a webpage and select any part of it to print, as
> > opposed to printing the entire webpage.
> > Man I love that feature and I was a bit worried that I would lose the
> > Icon,
> > and have to track it down in my addons,
> >
> > As it goes, HP doesnt have a driver for this feature, compatible with IE8.
> > Yet!
> >
> > So, Ive got to print out the entire page, like the rest of you I guess.
> >
> > But I want to reitterate.....IE8 WORKS GREAT, NO CONFLICTS, NO PROBLEMS,
> > NO
> > CRASHES, NO WEBPAGES THAT WONT WORK, NO ISSUES WITH PHISHING
> > SEARCHES..(its
> > got a different name now), AND I LOVE IT.
> >
> > all you vista users with ie7, go ahead and download ie8. its got a great
> > interface, just different enough to please us (computer) tweakers, and its
> > fun and safe and secure.
> >
> > Now, HP, listen up! GET GOING, AND GET US A DRIVER UPDATE FOR SMART
> > SELECT.
> >
> > tHATS iT aND tHATS aLL.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Russell

Russell Munson

Re: IE8 ROCKS
I tried to reply to this and Im not sure if it went thru, so I hope it doesnt
go in twice.

Rob, I did a search on my computer for Snippet, and I cannot find that
application. I have heard the word before, but I dont have it on my computer.
Is it a web based application specifically for Vista?
I will google it and see what I can find.

Of course, I have the keypad for the snapshot, or the "Prt Scr", on my
keyboard, but Im not sure how I can use that to print certain parts of
webpages, if thats what you were referring to?

Thanks for your reply and your help, Rob.

Russell

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Russell,
>
> You can use the Snippet tool that comes with Vista to take a sizable
> snapshot of your web pages.
>
> I am just giving the Smart web printing addon a go, but on the download page
> there is this covenant.
> HP Smart Web Printing software is compatible only with versions 6.0, 6.0
> SP1, 6.0 SP2, and 7.0 (32-bit version only) of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
> During the software installation, the software will check if the operating
> system is supported and that Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher is installed.
>
> Lets see how it goes.... Vista x86 SP1.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Russell Munson" <RussellMunson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It took me a while but I finally got around to installing IE8.
> > And it works great!
> > After reading all the doom and gloom comments here, It took me all this
> > time
> > since the RTW notice came out, for IE8.
> >
> > EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.
> >
> > My Norton Antivirus works great...no conflicts.
> > My Vista works fine, my browser works great....
> >
> > There is one small issue that I think only applies to HP computers though.
> > HP has a bitchen little feature, a printing feature, called HP SMART WEB
> > PRINTING.
> > It allows you to clip a webpage and select any part of it to print, as
> > opposed to printing the entire webpage.
> > Man I love that feature and I was a bit worried that I would lose the
> > Icon,
> > and have to track it down in my addons,
> >
> > As it goes, HP doesnt have a driver for this feature, compatible with IE8.
> > Yet!
> >
> > So, Ive got to print out the entire page, like the rest of you I guess.
> >
> > But I want to reitterate.....IE8 WORKS GREAT, NO CONFLICTS, NO PROBLEMS,
> > NO
> > CRASHES, NO WEBPAGES THAT WONT WORK, NO ISSUES WITH PHISHING
> > SEARCHES..(its
> > got a different name now), AND I LOVE IT.
> >
> > all you vista users with ie7, go ahead and download ie8. its got a great
> > interface, just different enough to please us (computer) tweakers, and its
> > fun and safe and secure.
> >
> > Now, HP, listen up! GET GOING, AND GET US A DRIVER UPDATE FOR SMART
> > SELECT.
> >
> > tHATS iT aND tHATS aLL.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Russell

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 ROCKS

>I tried to reply to this and Im not sure if it went thru, so I hope it doesnt
> go in twice.
>
> Rob, I did a search on my computer for Snippet, and I cannot find that
> application. I have heard the word before, but I dont have it on my computer.
> Is it a web based application specifically for Vista?

Yes. You have to install tools for Tablet PC. (I'm not on Vista ATM
and that is not exactly what the installable feature is called but it should
be enough of an additional clue for you.)

> I will google it and see what I can find.

I think "Snipping Tool" would be a better search expression...

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...605b41033.mspx

(Microsoft Search for
vista "snipping tool"
)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Of course, I have the keypad for the snapshot, or the "Prt Scr", on my
> keyboard, but Im not sure how I can use that to print certain parts of
> webpages, if thats what you were referring to?
>
> Thanks for your reply and your help, Rob.
>
> Russell
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Russell,
>>
>> You can use the Snippet tool that comes with Vista to take a sizable
>> snapshot of your web pages.
>>
>> I am just giving the Smart web printing addon a go, but on the download page
>> there is this covenant.
>> HP Smart Web Printing software is compatible only with versions 6.0, 6.0
>> SP1, 6.0 SP2, and 7.0 (32-bit version only) of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
>> During the software installation, the software will check if the operating
>> system is supported and that Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher is installed.
>>
>> Lets see how it goes.... Vista x86 SP1.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Russell Munson" <RussellMunson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It took me a while but I finally got around to installing IE8.
>> > And it works great!
>> > After reading all the doom and gloom comments here, It took me all this
>> > time
>> > since the RTW notice came out, for IE8.
>> >
>> > EVERYTHING WORKS FINE.
>> >
>> > My Norton Antivirus works great...no conflicts.
>> > My Vista works fine, my browser works great....
>> >
>> > There is one small issue that I think only applies to HP computers though.
>> > HP has a bitchen little feature, a printing feature, called HP SMART WEB
>> > PRINTING.
>> > It allows you to clip a webpage and select any part of it to print, as
>> > opposed to printing the entire webpage.
>> > Man I love that feature and I was a bit worried that I would lose the
>> > Icon,
>> > and have to track it down in my addons,
>> >
>> > As it goes, HP doesnt have a driver for this feature, compatible with IE8.
>> > Yet!
>> >
>> > So, Ive got to print out the entire page, like the rest of you I guess.
>> >
>> > But I want to reitterate.....IE8 WORKS GREAT, NO CONFLICTS, NO PROBLEMS,
>> > NO
>> > CRASHES, NO WEBPAGES THAT WONT WORK, NO ISSUES WITH PHISHING
>> > SEARCHES..(its
>> > got a different name now), AND I LOVE IT.
>> >
>> > all you vista users with ie7, go ahead and download ie8. its got a great
>> > interface, just different enough to please us (computer) tweakers, and its
>> > fun and safe and secure.
>> >
>> > Now, HP, listen up! GET GOING, AND GET US A DRIVER UPDATE FOR SMART
>> > SELECT.
>> >
>> > tHATS iT aND tHATS aLL.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Russell

Russell Munson

Re: IE8 ROCKS
Got it.
I have the Tablet application of course but its not activated, I dont think.
I will explore.
Thanks Robert

Russell