IE 7 Favorites question

Ray

IE 7 Favorites question
Greetings,

I just booted up and opened IE 7. I am running WXP sp2 on a dell laptop. In
my favorites folder I have a number of individual favorites as well as many
folders which contain individual favorites. My problem is that one of the
folders, a subfolder, within my favorites folder, has dissappeared. I looked
in the deleted folder and my Norton protected folder and can't find it. Any
suggestions as to where I should look?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray

Kevin

Re: IE 7 Favorites question
Start > Search > enter the folder name. hit Enter.

"Ray" <batig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I just booted up and opened IE 7. I am running WXP sp2 on a dell laptop.
> In my favorites folder I have a number of individual favorites as well as
> many folders which contain individual favorites. My problem is that one of
> the folders, a subfolder, within my favorites folder, has dissappeared. I
> looked in the deleted folder and my Norton protected folder and can't find
> it. Any suggestions as to where I should look?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Ray

Ray

Re: IE 7 Favorites question
Hi Kevin,

I tried that and also tried searching for just parts of the folder name and
didn't find anything.

Any more ideas?

Ray

"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Start > Search > enter the folder name. hit Enter.
>
> "Ray" <batig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I just booted up and opened IE 7. I am running WXP sp2 on a dell laptop.
>> In my favorites folder I have a number of individual favorites as well as
>> many folders which contain individual favorites. My problem is that one
>> of the folders, a subfolder, within my favorites folder, has
>> dissappeared. I looked in the deleted folder and my Norton protected
>> folder and can't find it. Any suggestions as to where I should look?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>>
>> Ray

ju.c

Re: IE 7 Favorites question
Check some folders above and below where it was, you may
have accidentally and unknowingly moved it.

ju.c

"Ray" <batig@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:uLD7ULXsJHA.496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Greetings,
>
> I just booted up and opened IE 7. I am running WXP sp2 on a dell laptop. In
> my favorites folder I have a number of individual favorites as well as many
> folders which contain individual favorites. My problem is that one of the
> folders, a subfolder, within my favorites folder, has dissappeared. I looked
> in the deleted folder and my Norton protected folder and can't find it. Any
> suggestions as to where I should look?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Ray

Kevin

Re: IE 7 Favorites question
Ray,
I remember having shortcuts on the Links bar disappear on me with IE7.
Once they were gone...they were gone for good and I had to recreate them.

So far, I haven't had that experience with IE8.

If your contemplating upgrading make sure you heed the advice given on this
NG pertaining to anti-spyware programs and make sure you disable your
anti-virus program during installation.

Many people advise on rebooting twice after IE8's installation. Just make
sure your A/V program stays disabled during both reboots.

Sorry I can't help you with your disappearing folder.

-Kevin