Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2009
TriadX1
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint
When editing a sharepoint list in datasheet view, the drag and drop operation
when you grab the "fill handle" and drag it down does not work. I reverted
back to IE7 and it works fine. I have been able to reporduce this behavior
in 3 systems. Is there a work around for this issue?

IE8
Vista Ultimate x64
Shreapoint 2007
Excel 2007 installed.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2009
kb at donovanhill
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint
I'm having the same issue, tried the compatibility mode but the same problem
occurred. I hope someone from Microsoft can issue this as a bug to fix up
quickly. As we are currently uploading hundreds of documents into SharePoint
and need to edit bulk Meta data. IE8 is useless to us with this bug.

Thanks
--
kb


"TriadX1" wrote:

> When editing a sharepoint list in datasheet view, the drag and drop operation
> when you grab the "fill handle" and drag it down does not work. I reverted
> back to IE7 and it works fine. I have been able to reporduce this behavior
> in 3 systems. Is there a work around for this issue?
>
> IE8
> Vista Ultimate x64
> Shreapoint 2007
> Excel 2007 installed.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2009
TriadX1
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint
Let me know if you get an answer on experts-exchange...

"kb at donovanhill" wrote:

> I'm having the same issue, tried the compatibility mode but the same problem
> occurred. I hope someone from Microsoft can issue this as a bug to fix up
> quickly. As we are currently uploading hundreds of documents into SharePoint
> and need to edit bulk Meta data. IE8 is useless to us with this bug.
>
> Thanks
> --
> kb
>
>
> "TriadX1" wrote:
>
> > When editing a sharepoint list in datasheet view, the drag and drop operation
> > when you grab the "fill handle" and drag it down does not work. I reverted
> > back to IE7 and it works fine. I have been able to reporduce this behavior
> > in 3 systems. Is there a work around for this issue?
> >
> > IE8
> > Vista Ultimate x64
> > Shreapoint 2007
> > Excel 2007 installed.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009
kb at donovanhill
 

Posts: n/a
RE: IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint
Sorry, nothing back so far with Expert-Exchange. I personally have rolled
back all my test clients to IE7, we simply have to much invested in
SharePoint to risk further problems. Shame about that as the speed of IE8 was
great. Just have to wait a few months and test again.

Thanks
--
kb


"TriadX1" wrote:

> Let me know if you get an answer on experts-exchange...
>
> "kb at donovanhill" wrote:
>
> > I'm having the same issue, tried the compatibility mode but the same problem
> > occurred. I hope someone from Microsoft can issue this as a bug to fix up
> > quickly. As we are currently uploading hundreds of documents into SharePoint
> > and need to edit bulk Meta data. IE8 is useless to us with this bug.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > kb
> >
> >
> > "TriadX1" wrote:
> >
> > > When editing a sharepoint list in datasheet view, the drag and drop operation
> > > when you grab the "fill handle" and drag it down does not work. I reverted
> > > back to IE7 and it works fine. I have been able to reporduce this behavior
> > > in 3 systems. Is there a work around for this issue?
> > >
> > > IE8
> > > Vista Ultimate x64
> > > Shreapoint 2007
> > > Excel 2007 installed.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2009
Manny
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint
In addition to the above behavior you also cannot open any of the
documents from the links in datasheet view. Clicking on the name or
the icon does nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2009
Greg.Osimowicz
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint
You can use datasheet view with Firefox and IE Tab - check my post:
http://sharepointapplied.wordpress.c...ue-workaround/

Regards,
Greg Osimowicz


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2009
Ian Palangio
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 "Datasheet View" issues in Sharepoint


"Greg.Osimowicz" wrote:

> You can use datasheet view with Firefox and IE Tab - check my post:
> http://sharepointapplied.wordpress.c...ue-workaround/
>
> Regards,
> Greg Osimowicz
>
>

SharePoint 2007 SP2 adds full support for IE8.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953334
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE7 crashes when trying to use Edit in Datasheet in Sharepoint Zaur Bahramov microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 10-10-2008 21:24
"open", "Save", or "Save As" dialog box default view krazykat microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 07-16-2008 12:10
How to change permanently the "Text Size" under "View"? Phil [Switzerland] microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 5 06-02-2008 22:53
"View" Dropdown does not include "Thumbnails" self microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 12-01-2007 08:04
Article ID: 938723 "Hibernates" or "hibernation" appears instead of "sleeps" or "sleep" in Power Options in the Traditional Chinese (CHT) version of Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120