Sort Favourites

Keith

Sort Favourites
I like to have my most-used favourite folders at the top so I drag and
drop them there, but every time I restart they are all sorted alphabetically
again, I am using ie8 on vista home premium, any suggestions as to how I can
keep them in the order I want please?

Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Sort Favourites

"Keith" <notme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8DAC5D9A-9DC6-4276-9D23-51FA43AA9D05@microsoft.com...
> I like to have my most-used favourite folders at the top so I drag and
> drop them there, but every time I restart they are all sorted alphabetically
> again, I am using ie8 on vista home premium, any suggestions as to how I can
> keep them in the order I want please?

That suggests that you have something preventing the registry
value from being stored which would make your changes persist.
Typical culprit will be antispyware. So, try disabling that, make
your change and close all instances of IE so that it will persist;
then, if you want, re-enable your security feature.

> Thanks

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

ju.c

Re: Sort Favourites
Create then merge this registry file to reset the Favorites
sort order, then sort them again.

1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.

----------copy inside only----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

----------copy inside only----------

2. Save-as IESort.reg (or any name + .reg)

3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.

ju.c

"Keith" <notme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8DAC5D9A-9DC6-4276-9D23-51FA43AA9D05@microsoft.com...
> I like to have my most-used favourite folders at the top so I drag and
> drop them there, but every time I restart they are all sorted alphabetically
> again, I am using ie8 on vista home premium, any suggestions as to how I can
> keep them in the order I want please?
>
> Thanks

Keith

Re: Sort Favourites
Thanks for this, I did this but it still sorts them alphabetically when I
restart, I am using Norton 360 v3 and Vista Home Premium with IE8, do you
know of anything else I can try please?

Thanks again

"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Create then merge this registry file to reset the Favorites
> sort order, then sort them again.
>
> 1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.
>
> ----------copy inside only----------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
> "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000
>
> ----------copy inside only----------
>
> 2. Save-as IESort.reg (or any name + .reg)
>
> 3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.
>

> ju.c
>

> "Keith" <notme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I like to have my most-used favourite folders at the top so I drag and
>> drop them there, but every time I restart they are all sorted
>> alphabetically again, I am using ie8 on vista home premium, any
>> suggestions as to how I can keep them in the order I want please?
>>
>> Thanks

Kevin

Re: Sort Favourites
Try arranging your Favorites the way you want them and then renaming them
with a leading number
1-Favorite, 2-Favorite and so on.
I know this works with maintaining the order of shorcuts on the Favorites
bar formerly the Links bar.
-Kevin