Problem with Internet Explorer

Ocnlvr83

Problem with Internet Explorer
I am typing this letter for my dad, who is at work currently. He downloaded
IE8, and after deciding he didn't like it, tried to uninstall it. In doing
so, he lost the toolbars and Internet Options for Internet Explorer. I have
tried several times to re-download IE7, but when the box comes up to begin
the download, it just disappears. If I go to the Control Panel, and click on
"Internet Options", it won't even appear.

We have restarted the computer, but nothing seems to be working. What are
our options?
Victek

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer
> I am typing this letter for my dad, who is at work currently. He
> downloaded
> IE8, and after deciding he didn't like it, tried to uninstall it. In
> doing
> so, he lost the toolbars and Internet Options for Internet Explorer. I
> have
> tried several times to re-download IE7, but when the box comes up to begin
> the download, it just disappears. If I go to the Control Panel, and click
> on
> "Internet Options", it won't even appear.
>
> We have restarted the computer, but nothing seems to be working. What are
> our options?

How did your dad try to uninstall it? Did he use the Add/Remove Programs
section of the Control Panel? (Programs & Features in Vista). If so, did
the uninstall appear to complete successfully? Did it crash? Answers to
these questions could be helpful. Meanwhile, start System Restore and see
if you have restore points immediately preceding the installation of IE 8.
You may be able to roll back the system. You could also install a different
browser so you can surf while you're sorting out internet explorer.

Ocnlvr83

RE: Problem with Internet Explorer
Thank you. I kind of figured that, but I wanted verification. I will pass
that message along.