Problems with JavaScript and Adobe's Flash on IE8

RCBar

Problems with JavaScript and Adobe's Flash on IE8
Hi!

I have just instaled the new IE 8 but it looks that now I have a problem
with the JavaScript and with Adobe's Flash Player. In many sites when I try
to see some aplication with this programs I receive a message saying
"JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player". I have
just installed the latest version of the Adobe's Flash Player but I can only
make those things work if I access the IE8 with the administrator account.

Is this problem reported and is there any thing I can do to put this working
properly?

Thanks!
Saucy

Re: Problems with JavaScript and Adobe's Flash on IE8
"RCBar" <RCBar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have just instaled the new IE 8 but it looks that now I have a problem
> with the JavaScript and with Adobe's Flash Player. In many sites when I
> try
> to see some aplication with this programs I receive a message saying
> "JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player". I have
> just installed the latest version of the Adobe's Flash Player but I can
> only
> make those things work if I access the IE8 with the administrator account.
>
> Is this problem reported and is there any thing I can do to put this
> working
> properly?
>
> Thanks!

Just an idea: On your system IE8 might have the Shockwave Flash Object set
so that is disallowed on all websites. If you want Flash to just run all the
time, set it to 'Allow on all websites'. If this is your case, do you need a
step-by-step?

Saucy

RCBar

Re: Problems with JavaScript and Adobe's Flash on IE8
Thank you for your answer. I was checking the permissions on IE8 and I
noticed that the Shockwave Flash Object is already allowed for all websites.
Still, the problem continues. What is more strange is that if I start the IE8
as the admnistrator, this problem is no more.

"Saucy" wrote:

> "RCBar" <RCBar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have just instaled the new IE 8 but it looks that now I have a problem
> > with the JavaScript and with Adobe's Flash Player. In many sites when I
> > try
> > to see some aplication with this programs I receive a message saying
> > "JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player". I have
> > just installed the latest version of the Adobe's Flash Player but I can
> > only
> > make those things work if I access the IE8 with the administrator account.
> >
> > Is this problem reported and is there any thing I can do to put this
> > working
> > properly?
> >
> > Thanks!

> Just an idea: On your system IE8 might have the Shockwave Flash Object set
> so that is disallowed on all websites. If you want Flash to just run all the
> time, set it to 'Allow on all websites'. If this is your case, do you need a
> step-by-step?
>
> Saucy

Donald Anadell

> Thank you for your answer. I was checking the permissions on IE8 and I
> noticed that the Shockwave Flash Object is already allowed for all
> websites.
> Still, the problem continues. What is more strange is that if I start the
> IE8
> as the admnistrator, this problem is no more.

You may need to reset your Registry permissions as per this Adobe Article:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=2

Good luck,

Donald Anadell