Content Advisor with Javascript

kevin203

Content Advisor with Javascript
Hi all

I have a similar question to an answer KB329160. I am not clear what to do
after i read this kb article.

I have content advisor turn on, and a noaccess.rat in the system32 folder.
Website javascript will pop-up content advisor asking for password although i
add the approved site URL in (https://www.site.com/* for example)

Is anyone clear on what this kb article mention?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329160

Kevin203
rob^_^

Re: Content Advisor with Javascript
Hi Kevin,

Yes my brain is mush after reading the KB article.

It sounds like you have to add additional sites to the rat file.
or
Modify the source of the web page you are trying to view.

Assuming that the web site you are visiting is not your own, and you cannot
modify its source, then you have to identify the sites that link to the
pages with javascript:window.open and then add those sites to your rat
entries.

If the web site in question is your own, and you can modify the code, then
you have to replace any link or input tags that use
onclick="javascript:window.open(......." with either a span (<span>) or
button (<button>) tag as described in the KB article.

I could be totally wrong though. I don't use Content Advisor and I believe
that it is considered to be an outdated method of controlling users surfing.

Regards.

"kevin203" <kevin203@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have a similar question to an answer KB329160. I am not clear what to do
> after i read this kb article.
>
> I have content advisor turn on, and a noaccess.rat in the system32 folder.
> Website javascript will pop-up content advisor asking for password
> although i
> add the approved site URL in (https://www.site.com/* for example)
>
> Is anyone clear on what this kb article mention?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329160
>

> Kevin203

kevin203

Re: Content Advisor with Javascript
Is there any other solution so that we can centralized the restriction for
example using GPO?

Cheers
kevin