musicmatch jukebox

peggy

musicmatch jukebox
I just updated from IE6 to IE8. now my musicmatch jukebox will not
open,start,play songs. Can anyone help me to get my music playing again?
Leonard Grey

Re: musicmatch jukebox
Is your version of Musicmatch Jukebox compatible with IE 8?

[One of the things to do before upgrading your operating system is to
find out whether your existing applications are compatible with the
upgrade.]
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

peggy wrote:
> I just updated from IE6 to IE8. now my musicmatch jukebox will not
> open,start,play songs. Can anyone help me to get my music playing again?

peggy

Re: musicmatch jukebox
Where would I go to find out something like that? I use an older version of
music match jukebox, I think it 8 or 8.1. . Is there anyway to fix this or
do I have to go back to reliable IE6?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Is your version of Musicmatch Jukebox compatible with IE 8?
>
> [One of the things to do before upgrading your operating system is to
> find out whether your existing applications are compatible with the
> upgrade.]
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> peggy wrote:
> > I just updated from IE6 to IE8. now my musicmatch jukebox will not
> > open,start,play songs. Can anyone help me to get my music playing again?

Leonard Grey

Re: musicmatch jukebox
I seriously doubt that any version of Musicmatch Jukebox is compatible
with IE 7 or IE 8 or any other recent web browser, since the software
was sold to Yahoo! in 2004 and users were migrated to Yahoo!'s own music
software.

You need to find a new music player. You might find Yahoo!'s music
service most compatible with what you have now.

I would not go back to an older, insecure version of any web browser.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

peggy wrote:
> Where would I go to find out something like that? I use an older version of
> music match jukebox, I think it 8 or 8.1. . Is there anyway to fix this or
> do I have to go back to reliable IE6?
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Is your version of Musicmatch Jukebox compatible with IE 8?
>>
>> [One of the things to do before upgrading your operating system is to
>> find out whether your existing applications are compatible with the
>> upgrade.]
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> peggy wrote:
>>> I just updated from IE6 to IE8. now my musicmatch jukebox will not
>>> open,start,play songs. Can anyone help me to get my music playing again?

peggy

Re: musicmatch jukebox
Thank you lenord Grey for your time. I don't know much about computers or
software, I am a very basic person. I know i didnt like the player after
yahoo took it over. can you sujest a simple player to where i can double
click and it goes on a playlist ? I dont burn CDs or anything like that. i
just want to hear what i have without it taking up the whole desktop, like
window media plaer. : -)

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I seriously doubt that any version of Musicmatch Jukebox is compatible
> with IE 7 or IE 8 or any other recent web browser, since the software
> was sold to Yahoo! in 2004 and users were migrated to Yahoo!'s own music
> software.
>
> You need to find a new music player. You might find Yahoo!'s music
> service most compatible with what you have now.
>
> I would not go back to an older, insecure version of any web browser.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> peggy wrote:
> > Where would I go to find out something like that? I use an older version of
> > music match jukebox, I think it 8 or 8.1. . Is there anyway to fix this or
> > do I have to go back to reliable IE6?
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> Is your version of Musicmatch Jukebox compatible with IE 8?
> >>
> >> [One of the things to do before upgrading your operating system is to
> >> find out whether your existing applications are compatible with the
> >> upgrade.]
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: musicmatch jukebox
Windows Media Player doesn't have to take up the whole desktop. I use it
in Skin mode (View > Skin Chooser) with the Miniplayer skin.

There are so many music players available on the web (most of them
free.) You should try a few and see what works best for you. To start
you off, take a look at the VLC Media Player.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

peggy wrote:
> Thank you lenord Grey for your time. I don't know much about computers or
> software, I am a very basic person. I know i didnt like the player after
> yahoo took it over. can you sujest a simple player to where i can double
> click and it goes on a playlist ? I dont burn CDs or anything like that. i
> just want to hear what i have without it taking up the whole desktop, like
> window media plaer. : -)
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> I seriously doubt that any version of Musicmatch Jukebox is compatible
>> with IE 7 or IE 8 or any other recent web browser, since the software
>> was sold to Yahoo! in 2004 and users were migrated to Yahoo!'s own music
>> software.
>>
>> You need to find a new music player. You might find Yahoo!'s music
>> service most compatible with what you have now.
>>
>> I would not go back to an older, insecure version of any web browser.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> peggy wrote:
>>> Where would I go to find out something like that? I use an older version of
>>> music match jukebox, I think it 8 or 8.1. . Is there anyway to fix this or
>>> do I have to go back to reliable IE6?

John M

Re: musicmatch jukebox
I don't know what ver. of Musicmatch Jukebox you have, but when I updated
from IE6 to IE7 I had the same problem. Not only would MMJB not work but
once I tried to start it neither would Internet Explorer. There was NO fix
as far as I was ever able to determine. I finally gave up MMJB and settled
for Mindows Media Player. I've never found another music program I liked as
much as MMJB but opted not to buy it's latest version. I had an OLD version,
maybe 7?

I was useing Windows XP With IE7 when it would not work.
I'm now useing Vista with IE7. I just downloaded and installed MMJB 10,
ignoring the incompatability warnings (finally checking the box to quit
reminding me). Then I went to Musicmatch Juke Box in Program files and
changed all the .exe files there (about 6 of them) to run in compatibility
mode for Windows 2000. Everything seems to work fine.